Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Fitted New Seats In A Tsport?

PapaHett

Hey,

I'll be buying a T Sport over the next couple of months.. And I might buy a set of Recaros out of a Honda Civic Type R to put in it while I have the cash; I was in one today, and the seats are incredible!

Has anyone put non-OEM seats into their Corolla/TSport, how big of a job was it? I think there's a guy who put celica seats in his..

Also, Any pics?

It was me, im un familiar with the sub frames of the civic seats, but my GF has one so i will have a look later, the celica ones fitted 40% in the first place, so you have a head start. With the TR seats i bet there is no head start.

Only thing i would say about the civic seats is yes they are good, but the have Type R stiched into them IIRC and i think that will look a bit naff in a t sport. Unless you plan to recover them.

Joel

Only thing i would say about the civic seats is yes they are good, but the have Type R stiched into them IIRC and i think that will look a bit naff in a t sport. Unless you plan to recover them.

And you will have to lose the side airbags that are standard in the T Sport seats.

I remember someone on here stating that disconnecting them you will need to find a resistor to connect to the airbag plug or none of the airbags will work....

No, the seats i'm on about are ones that Honda put into the 'Final Edition' 2005 Type R's.. The last of the EP3's. They're just red and black recaros.. Doesn't say Type-R on them anywhere:

53625.jpg

Would you have to inform your insurance as you no longer have the right amount of airbags as a standard CTS?

air bags good point, this is the other reason i went for celica seats they come with side air bags and plug straight in to the existing loom

anything is possible, if you have good metal skills, ie fabrication welding etc, you will have to make your own mounts that fit to the orginal holes in the tsport and then allow you to bolt the seats in

Joel

The airbags will be a very real concern here. I am have been looking into the same thing (changing my seats) and consulted with my local Mr. T. According to them, if you disconnect any of the airbags then the entire system will go down. So if that is correct you will not only have a hugely annoying yellow light in your dash, but no airbags will deploy in the event of a crash. I'm currently trying to confirm this from a second source.

Also Mr. T was unable to help me out with a dummy plug for the seats. Not been done before there at least.

But all hope is not lost. Turns out that TRD makes a dummy plug for the seats, but I don't know if they will a) fit the T-Sport and b)are the right bits for the job. I'm currently pondering ordering a pair from Japan to try out. There is no way I am driving without airbags!!

About the Celica seats...any pictures??

Yes...they are certainly well priced, that is for sure.

Those are non-reclinable full bucket seats, though. Not what I am looking for. Wouldn't be surprised if you get seat belt issues either, and you will still have to deal with the airbags. I'm just waiting for a final quote for two pieces before I order. We'll see if that does the trick. If so then I guess Sparco's just made it back onto the christmas wishlist....

No...not really, but they would have to check it specifically and know that the Rolla has sideairbags in order to get written up. If one disengages the airbags in Norway, it has to be notifed down in the registration in order to be lega.

Oh well... ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links