Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of Buying Mkiii Supra

KPARRIS-JONES

Hi all,

sorry for intruding upon the Supra section but I have got an urge to get one.

I have seen it sat in long grass collecting dust at Greenleys with a smashed rear window, rusted drivers side arch and flat tyres. It (was) black but rest of the body work seems to have survived.

I am seriously considering buying off the owner, but I have no idea what price I should be offering seeing as I'll have to get it towed and what not.

What makes this even harder is that I'm 15 and have a very limited budget, because I have had my GTI-16 AE92 since I turned 14, which I am currently restoring and rebuilding the engine. Do the old Supras cost a lot to run (I know they have big engine) do parts cost a lot for them?, and are they particularly awkard to work on?

So, what is the maximum that I should pay for this, providing that the engine works well without major fault?

Thanks for all the help and advice given,

Kynan Parris-Jones

No ore than £100. Personally I'd offer to collect it for free.

It'll costs thousands to get right!

No ore than £100. Personally I'd offer to collect it for free.

It'll costs thousands to get right!

Thats exactly what I was thinking. By the looks of it, I'd be doing the man a favour by taking it away and restoring it. I want to keep it totally standard because they look very sleek!

I'll get my bus driver to stop outside the house once so that I can snap a few pics of it so you can get an idea of what I'm looking at. To me, it looks like about 2k will need to be put into it. If the engine isn't sweet I'll just bin the idea all together. :(

Cheers

Have you even looked at insurance?

There are new rules afoot that even if the car isn't on the road (and it's declared SORN) it'll need insurance.

I can imagine that would need lube, before the cost of repairing.

Have you even looked at insurance?

There are new rules afoot that even if the car isn't on the road (and it's declared SORN) it'll need insurance.

I can imagine that would need lube, before the cost of repairing.

Nice.....Insurance wasn't going to be a problem for me because I'd do it up myself and let my dads company use it as a demo car and what have you, then I was going to go and use it once I coudl afford the insurance myself etc.

What sort of engine could it have?

Ah, okay .. that's useful then.

It'll probably be a 3.0 NA or a 3.0 Turbo. They were the two main sorts. 7M is the engine code I believe.

There were others though, Karma had a rare narrow bodied 2.0 twin turbo.

Ah, okay .. that's useful then.

It'll probably be a 3.0 NA or a 3.0 Turbo. They were the two main sorts. 7M is the engine code I believe.

There were others though, Karma had a rare narrow bodied 2.0 twin turbo.

Wow, thats great!

Thanks for the advice and info guys. Maybe one day soon I'll get down there to have a good look at it and to judge whether or not I'll have it at all!

I'll keep all updated in this thread.

I finally decided to get some photos of the Supra today, but turns out that it just got sent to the scrappy today!

It had apperently been sitting for 13 years.......

Gonna be an ***** to get it to mine if i decide to have it.

A bit of rope and a van will do the trick to get her home, did that with my dads Alfa

Too late, was crushed the second it got to the yard... :crybaby: