Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flipping Seat Pins Have Gone

borodaz

i know a few on here have mentioned this before and it seems like a common fault, my passenger seat had bust months ago, the seat is just stuck and wont budge anymore, apparently a pin gets stuck or something ?

but now my drivers seat has done it too :ffs: soooooo anoying when i have to try and get a babyseat in the back and when passengers are getting in and out, anyone get a price back from mr T about fixing this problem ?

i got a feeling no one like replying to my threads lol

Why is that... ?

... well i had a quote when i had the pin on my passenger side snap... yes it is a common fault and would cost around £300 to have fixed as they have to change the whole bottom part of the seat. :crybaby: not good!

agreed with rolla sr, about that price, iv been ok so far, I used alot of wd40 on the bottom frame when i felt mine were getting a bit stiff. All i can suggest is find a breaking corolla and take the seat bases if you can find one.

Its a real worry these seat bases. Maybe a complaint should be made on this forum and sent to toyota......

thats what i was after, thanks, £300 :o id rather just put up with it , its a shame though how expensive it is for what it is

If you can take the seat out and work out what has snapped, can't you just attach something to it?

Like drill something in there or something?

If you can take the seat out and work out what has snapped, can't you just attach something to it?

Like drill something in there or something?

If you did it would have to be something strong as there is alot of pressure on the part that breaks on these seats

Borodaz, sounds like this is the same issue I have with my drivers seat in my '02 TS...basically the usual lever on the side of the seat will do nothing and feels like it's lost tension? The seat will move otherwise using the alternative controls. Any other tips from anyone to troubleshoot this before removing the seat?

Borodaz, sounds like this is the same issue I have with my drivers seat in my '02 TS...basically the usual lever on the side of the seat will do nothing and feels like it's lost tension? The seat will move otherwise using the alternative controls. Any other tips from anyone to troubleshoot this before removing the seat?

my seats dont slide back and forward, i can only use the nadle on the side to make the back rest fold forward so ppl can squeeze into the back, very anoying to say the least, but i simply dont have a spare £300 to waste then a year or so down the line they snap again

hahahaha

This happened to my drivers seat yesterday.

I'm gonna get my friends dad to weld a new piece back in place. Doesn't seem too hard a job, though there's not much room to work.

I wondered why it wouldn't move, so i took the seat out to find one of the rods that pushes the spring down to move the teeth had snapped. But I can't even find the snappe dpiece of rod! It's vanished.

So I'll get my friends dad to fabricate a new bit too. haha.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links