Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management Light

lisaxx

Bank holiday monday my car was driving sluggish, its never done it before then thengine management light came on, i turned off the engine restarted and it drove like a dream again and the light dissapeared, then the friday after it did the same again, so i pulled over turned it off then on again and again it drove like a dream, i took it to be plugged in which showd on the computer " fuel pump " the mechanic said he wasn,t having it that it was that, he took t 4 a drive said it drives like a dream and accelaration was like **** off a stick, so i told him again it had only appened a couple of times, he opened my bonnet and said its my injectors going £200-£600 each but he will see if they can be tested to see if theres only one or all going. He rung me and said they could be tested and there £300 each bt he wasn,t goin to test them untill it happens more often, on thursday my car wouldnt start first time then she drov sluggish and light came on again, i again turned it off and on again, at first the light didnt turn off so did it again and it did, i did 2 hrs work got in my car to drive home and she drove like a dream, then friday she would,nt start again then when she did she drove sluggish again i was driving up a flyover and she struggled realy bad to get up it, when i got to other side i turned it off then on and she was great again but no light came on this time...... any ideas anyone because dont want to get riped off moneys too hard too earn and you lot put me right when i first got her 18 months ago i think ive bought the runt ov the litter lol Thanks xx

It has all the hallmarks of the SCV valves. Have a look in the pinned section for more info. I doubt it is the injectors.

It has all the hallmarks of the SCV valves. Have a look in the pinned section for more info. I doubt it is the injectors.

thankyou but sorry im not clued up on this.... what is the scv valves are they expensive and whats the pinned section mean? thankyou x

OK Lisa no problem.

When you open the RAV4 section there are some subjects pinned at the top of the page and within "Technical Information and tips" there is one on your 4.2 SCV valves. We also have a resident parts man (Parts King) who will post you the parts at a discounted rate and you can then take them to a garage and get them fitted. This is what the writer said about the cost;

New valves were purchased from Kingo [aka Parts-King on the Forum] for £194.16 inc. VAT & p&p. Part # is: 04221-27011 and is described as: "Pump Kit, Supply". Ace service from him!

...........and here is the article if you want to print it and take it to your garage for a quote;

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87986

OK Lisa no problem.

When you open the RAV4 section there are some subjects pinned at the top of the page and within "Technical Information and tips" there is one on your 4.2 SCV valves. We also have a resident parts man (Parts King) who will post you the parts at a discounted rate and you can then take them to a garage and get them fitted. This is what the writer said about the cost;

New valves were purchased from Kingo [aka Parts-King on the Forum] for £194.16 inc. VAT & p&p. Part # is: 04221-27011 and is described as: "Pump Kit, Supply". Ace service from him!

...........and here is the article if you want to print it and take it to your garage for a quote;

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87986

Thankyou so much, i do have it booked in with motor depot tomorrow to see if its under warranty what he problem is, i will let you hat they say Thanks again Lisa xx