Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T Sport Decat?

madhatter786

Has anyone run a decat on a UK t sport?

if so what were the performance gains?

does the engine management light stay on?

is the cars sound v.different?

I would imagine your engine light will stay on because the lamber sensors will read that the emissions are wrong, as far as i am aware it may in fact loose power because it will loose back pressure. A lot of people on here run a sports cat that way the engine light should stay off, performance is increased and dont forget its legal!!!

I would imagine your engine light will stay on because the lamber sensors will read that the emissions are wrong, as far as i am aware it may in fact loose power because it will loose back pressure. A lot of people on here run a sports cat that way the engine light should stay off, performance is increased and dont forget its legal!!!

with a straight pipe no way i'd lose power, if i gut the cat then yeh i will. i'll look into the sports cat, but the clearer the gas flow the higher the power!!!!

ps. i dont condone illegal acts in corollas. lol

The corolla is a highly tuned engine from factory with the exhaust system and individual boxes fashioned to maximise that power, simply removing the cat COULD well lose power, replace the full system including the factory boxes may increase power but don't assume more flow = more power, this isn't a turbo car, u need some backpressure in N/A tuned cars.

Removing the cat will also put it into a 'Limp' mode where the engines performance is reduced by the ECU so that the emissions are low enough until the problem is eventually solved.

This may not apply to the T-Sport, but thats what many modern cars say.

as far as i know (well on my cts anyway) its a one piece pipe from the mani to the backbox, so are the sports cats a cut and weld or what?

I've not found anything in the way of a exhaust system for my ts, only seen tte backbox..

If you want a full system then custom is the only way my friend, check out my build thread shows a few pics in there with regards to my exhaust.

I went for a 200cell spots cat by magnaflow. Everything was good until a couple of weeks back, my ecu light keeps popping on because my cat is running leaner than what the ecu wants it to!!! Not a problem tho as its not a major fault code, car runs as normal. But with regards t back pressure it is very very very important for our engines :thumbsup:

Well as long as the exhaust manifold is well designed to create a negative pressure when needed then an exhaust should have as little back pressure as possible.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links