Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Costs

hoppy

A bit high but if it includes all the extras they have a habit of adding on its about average. Extras I had had stuck on the bill include brake fluid change ( every two years) and disposing of the old oil.

Just had my 4 year service at a local authorised dealer - not a perfect comparison because I have the 1.6 petrol engine but I paid £300 too. Mine included the cost of the MoT and a brake fluid change. Compared well with a quote I got first from another dealer.

Just had my 4 year service at a local authorised dealer - not a perfect comparison because I have the 1.6 petrol engine but I paid £300 too. Mine included the cost of the MoT and a brake fluid change. Compared well with a quote I got first from another dealer.

this brake fluid change every 2yrs is nonsence.. what is the cost about £50 ?

brake fluid will last up to 10yrs ! so i am reliably informed. oil, oilfilter, air filter.

fuel filter, surely this dosent add up to £300, i would guess included in this service

would be £200 labour costs... oops forgot about the screen wash !!! :censor:

brake fluid will last up to 10yrs ! so i am reliably informed.

Are you kidding?

Hmm reliable is not the adjective I would use. Anyone who is not totally mechanically ignorant knows brake fluid is hydroscopic (absorbs water).. so the boiling point of brake fluid falls.. and pipes and wheel cylinders and ABS corrode internally.

Ever had brake fade? Very nasty.

Know what brake fade is? If not, do a search.

Brake fluid is changed every two years for saefty reasons.. If you look at old fluid you can see dirt and rubbish in it..

Anyone with any sense of safety maintains the braking system to perfection.

Hmm reliable is not the adjective I would use. Anyone who is not totally mechanically ignorant knows brake fluid is hydroscopic (absorbs water).. so the boiling point of brake fluid falls.. and pipes and wheel cylinders and ABS corrode internally.

Ever had brake fade? Very nasty.

Know what brake fade is? If not, do a search.

Brake fluid is changed every two years for saefty reasons.. If you look at old fluid you can see dirt and rubbish in it..

Anyone with any sense of safety maintains the braking system to perfection.

10 years may be true, but whether or not it proves effective at braking during that time is a different story altogether.......

I just had my 04 TSport serviced by FRF Toyota in Swansea. It was the 10,000 mile service but they also took the wheels off as the sliders needed greasing - they were squeaking a bit! Total charge £203 which didn't seem too bad to me, considering a service on my old Nissan Almera 1.4 could cost @ £180 at a Nissan dealer.

Gaz

brake fluid will last up to 10yrs ! so i am reliably informed. oil, oilfilter, air filter.

fuel filter, surely this dosent add up to £300, i would guess included in this service

would be £200 labour costs... oops forgot about the screen wash !!! :censor:

If the brake fluid is Glycol based - it needs to be changed.

Mick

On a service, do they not also have a quick check over of your car to make sure everything is ok?

On my renault clio they(renault dealership) give me a list of things than needed doing aswell ( anti roll bar link, blah, blah)

never got them to do the work, but still was nice for them to point it out

Just been quoted £310 for 4th service. I suppose this is THE big service, and others will be cheaper?

• 4 weeks later...
Just been quoted £310 for 4th service. I suppose this is THE big service, and others will be cheaper?

Just had 60,000 mile service for me... just been quoted £260.

But wait for it... Corolla (collour collection) also need new back brake discs, back brake pads, gearbox fluid, and been recommended getting pollen & aircon stuff done, which all adds an extra £600.

:(

But wait for it... Corolla (collour collection) also need new back brake discs, back brake pads, gearbox fluid, and been recommended getting pollen & aircon stuff done, which all adds an extra £600.

They are taking the :censor:

I'll do all that for much less!! :lol:

I do my brake fluid in the yearly service, Oil changes are every 4k along with filter clean and all sensors cleaned like iacv etc.

Im due a full proper service with spark plugs this time round but its expensive. 50-60 on the oil...i want motul 300v but it works out 100£

filter £10

sump plug 6£

everything just adds up grrrr Maintenance is a pain.

£6 for a sump plug?? :huh:

Why do you need a new sump plug?

Replacing the washer at a cost of 42p worked for me ;)

mine is £450 for 40k service :bash: includes a front disk/pads change, and MOT, but i did not think the disks needed to be replaced!!!!!!!!!!! Mr T said i will fail the test otherwise

mine is £450 for 40k service :bash: includes a front disk/pads change, and MOT, but i did not think the disks needed to be replaced!!!!!!!!!!! Mr T said i will fail the test otherwise

Managed to get it down a bit..

60,000 service came in at: £230

Rear brake Discs and Pads: £378

Gearbox Fluid: £89

Aircon: £39

Pollen filter: £25

Total: £761

With Mr.T (Jemca).

Next time round I'll go with a Jem instead, not sure what possessed me this time.

:crybaby:

My Corolla is still under warranty when the 4th Service will be done, so I'm not too worried about what work they'll find.

Managed to get it down a bit..

60,000 service came in at: £230

Rear brake Discs and Pads: £378

Gearbox Fluid: £89

Aircon: £39

Pollen filter: £25

Total: £761

With Mr.T (Jemca).

Next time round I'll go with a Jem instead, not sure what possessed me this time.

:crybaby:

they robbed you good and proper.

Rear discs and pads cost of these is probably £70 max

Gearobx fluid, see my how too £22?

Aircon - that is actually reasonable

Pollen Filter, this costs £6!

admittedly I haven't added labour on to these, but items 2 and 4, you could do yourself - 5 minutes for the pollen filter and 30 mins for the gearbox!