Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Consumption

jamiects

recently i had a day of playing around with my t sport, got my tein springs on, did tracking, swopped tyres front to rear as front ones wearing uneven, and filled all tyres with nitrogen to 34psi, when on a journey today just thought to check my trip computer and suprised i was getin an average of 41.2 mpg!!!!!! :yahoo: for the first 6 months of owning the car i was gettin 35 when driven like a granny and 29 when my style of driving!!!!

has anyone else got a suprise like this out of a tsport???

just to add i do a lot of mixed road driving from lanes to motorways and i do use lift 2 or 3 times every journey.

My best average has been 41mpg... that was a long motorway journey!

I've found that the trip computer is usually around 2-3mpg optimistic ;)

The Trip Computers can be a little optimistic at times.

that is exactly what i thought, i actually think its broke now cause it wont stop going up, went on m65 tonite and used cam lift in some gears a couple of times and it went form 41.2 - 41.8?????

never heard of anyone elses doin this, reading a long way out.

might have to find a private road and give it a good drive :yes: and see wot happens, reset it other day and just went straight back up

The Trip Computers can be a little optimistic at times.

that is exactly what i thought, i actually think its broke now cause it wont stop going up, went on m65 tonite and used cam lift in some gears a couple of times and it went form 41.2 - 41.8?????

never heard of anyone elses doin this, reading a long way out.

might have to find a private road and give it a good drive :yes: and see wot happens, reset it other day and just went straight back up

same happened to me. Trip comp. was saying 33.x mpg and when I went into granny mode for a long motorway journey it displayed 38.x. which was about right ( I verified it based on fill ups ),

BUT after this I went crazy in Scotland, lot's of lift and spirited driving. Computers says: 40.x mpg and more I drove the better it got, it went up to 42, LOL. Than I reset the trip computer. Now it's back to normal 33-34. feel much better :D

guys, I recently bought a 02 pre facelift T Sport, petrol has been killing me! Can't even hit 300 miles with full tank (and I didn't hammer it all the time, only a couple of times)

How do you change the settings to MPG instead of Litre / Km? How many miles can you guys get generally with full tank?