Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 Avensis D4d Problem

kevsi

sometimes after starting the car and driving for a short distance the car seems to struggle to rev. This only happens intermitantly and only after being started from cold. The revs dont drop off they just wont go above 2000 rpm, so i put my foot on the clutch and then press the throttle and after afew seconds it picks up and revs as normal, then i dont have any problem after that, there doesnt seem to be any smoke either when it picks up.

Any ideas?

Cheers Kev

sometimes after starting the car and driving for a short distance the car seems to struggle to rev. This only happens intermitantly and only after being started from cold. The revs dont drop off they just wont go above 2000 rpm, so i put my foot on the clutch and then press the throttle and after afew seconds it picks up and revs as normal, then i dont have any problem after that, there doesnt seem to be any smoke either when it picks up.

Any ideas?

Cheers Kev

hello Kev

Have an EGR valve cleaned first and advise the result.

It looks like sticked by carbon inside and no valve stem strocke is available to recirculate an exhaust gas.

This blockked EGR valve criates a back pressure and does not allow the engine to be revved up.

Cheers/Igor

The EGR valve was meant to have been changed just after i bought the car as the light on the dash came on and it went on the diagnostics and that was the fault then. This time is different to how it was then, before with the EGR valve there was no power below 2000rpm all the time, and there was lots of smoke, this time there is no smoke and it only happens every now and then not all the time, and there is no lights on on the dash this time.

The EGR valve was meant to have been changed just after i bought the car as the light on the dash came on and it went on the diagnostics and that was the fault then. This time is different to how it was then, before with the EGR valve there was no power below 2000rpm all the time, and there was lots of smoke, this time there is no smoke and it only happens every now and then not all the time, and there is no lights on on the dash this time.

Hello again

the twos must be examinated:

- all injectors -- at first

If no changes then:

- turbo to be cleanned.

Cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links