Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Doors Lock

Azim

afew months back, i had some infinity components fitted in, therefore i had to remove the door panels off. this was all done in the right manner, but afew days after i had put the doors back on, iv noticed that whilst driving, my doors lock, then after a sec or two open up again. its happensed a few times.once or twice it happened as i was going round a couple of medium turns.as i was taking the bend on a country road, they locked, then jus as i was leaving the bend they opened up again. At first i thought that it was like a sfety feature, but then i snapped out of dreamland and realised that something is not right.....

has anyone else encountered this problem.....or do they know wot the cause/cure is.......?

on some alarm/immobilisers the doors lock once the ignition is on as a safety feature (prevents car jacking etc.) and they are designed to unlock automatically in the event of a crash (so that the firemen can get u out)!

have u got a system like this maybe (i know it doesnt explain why it didnt do it b4 and also why it reopens itself but it could be a fault with that)?

have u got the door lock button that locks both doors on your door trim, near the electric window switches? it could be a loose connection underneath (as you've had the door card off)?

also have a look at the central locking relay, maybe try a new one to rule this area out.

good luck fella :thumbsup:

hey thanks for that, il give that a try.iv got the central door locking button, il have a butchers around that wen i get sum time.how wud i check the relay and where/how much does one cost?wud u have any ideas?

This happened to me this morning!

The door locks kept clunking away as I sat there outside the house. Started to curse so I turned the car off, and got out, locked the door then unlocked it. Stopped.

Not sure what happened but I hope it doesnt happen again :ffs:

Every so often I hear mine click away a few times after I close the door.

It hasn't caused any problems and the doors end up on unlock again.

I haven't checked connections yet.

Is this the latest MR2 weird thing?

im glad i mentioned it-at first i thought i was being silly, but looks like '2' owners have another interesting weird thing to figure out.........

hey snakeeater, jus wanted to say thats a nice car u got there. im not very fond of the 2 in whte, but thats looks very nice indeed......must be a real beeatch to keep it that clean all the time!

Just washed it mate ;)

Yeah I dont like white cars as a rule but when I saw this 2 I just knew it was the one for me :)

As for the locking, it is now continuously locking and unlocking, Im gonn have to get this sorted fast. As far as I can tell once it starts it just gets worse :censor:

ive had this locking problem once it seemed that the passenger door lock must of got stuck a little bit making it to lock all the time i fixed this buy locking and unlocking the passenger door,

the other time it was doing it i moved the switch for the electric mirrors to the center (so not the left or right mirror was selected) which fixd the probem (weard)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links