Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question

ninosport

Ive been looking at the rolla TS non charger and i saw the 0-60 time and it said 8.1secs. Im thinking thats not write surely. Its got like 180hp and it can only manage that time.

So I just want to know does anyone own 1 with no mods and know the proper time it does it in?

There's been a lot of discussion on this....

The CTS has 189bhp standard.... with most owners stating a 0-60 time in the low 7's, high 6's

:thumbsup:

it is definatly wrong mate, nobody has an official figure although i remember sombody saying top gear realeased it in an early mag as 7.0s andf most owners agree its around 6.5 - 7.0 as it will keep up with other comparible cars. If you watch the driven episode on you tube they test the ctr 182 and cts and the cts was the fastest 0-40mph. The corolla has 189bhp and is not even that heavy.

Balls that it is 6.5 to 7. I went up against a couple the other year at bruntingthorpe on the qtr mile and was beating them in a completely standard Starlet turbo (0-60 6.7 seconds) both at the bottom end and over the full quarter mile! Maybe high 7s but definately not in the 6s!

most owners stating a 0-60 time in the low 7's, high 6's

I stand by my previous comment! :lol:

For comparison the Civic Type R is stated as having a 6.6sec 0-60.... the CTS will easily match that ;)

Balls that it is 6.5 to 7. I went up against a couple the other year at bruntingthorpe on the qtr mile and was beating them in a completely standard Starlet turbo (0-60 6.7 seconds) both at the bottom end and over the full quarter mile! Maybe high 7s but definately not in the 6s!

would you like the top gear PDF? where they actually tested both the ctr and cts in the wet, It was a 3 page special aswell so it wasnt no copied time. They had us down faster at 7 odd seconds in the wet!!

would you like the top gear PDF? where they actually tested both the ctr and cts in the wet, It was a 3 page special aswell so it wasnt no copied time. They had us down faster at 7 odd seconds in the wet!!

Well then I'd love them to get a standard Starlet GT then and test that with their equipment, might have it down at 5 seconds then!

Do you honestly believe everything you read?

So how quick should the compressor be 0-60 when it claims 6.7? is that about 5 seconds too?

Well then I'd love them to get a standard Starlet GT then and test that with their equipment, might have it down at 5 seconds then!

Do you honestly believe everything you read?

So how quick should the compressor be 0-60 when it claims 6.7? is that about 5 seconds too?

Honestly mate the time really is about 6.9-7, you just need to be used to driving one! I have been up against a 08 focus st and matched it. Old honda civic type r just had the edge, new civic type r i was pulling away from slightly, clio 182 i did it by a couple of car lengths and everyone of them were gobsmacked when we pulled over and they found out it was stock. I only live 15 mins from you, show you if you want. :thumbsup: Bye the way the is nothing between the compressor and the T sport until about 80 then the comp starts to pull.

I must have had one seriously quick GT then when standard to be beating CTS's easily, or all three drivers mustn't have known how to drive them, and to come second in the FWD class (lost to a MR2 turbo engined avensis, just)

I know they are quick, would have said mid 7s but cannot believe one standard one could be in the 6s!

Guess I won't know until I get another GT or quicker

Ok here are my numbers from the dynolicious software with the right numbers. The 0-60 time is on cold and really cheap tires. No modifications other than the snorkle removed.

O and before anyone criticizes that its not accurate look up how accurate the software is.

Love the car and cant wait to get custom exhaust. Sounds great without the back box. One bad thing is that ive gone through a clutch in 1500miles. One bit of advice......dont get a QH clutch or any of the aftermarket clutches. You can pick up a performance clutch for £150-200 and its worth it.

Corolla Tsport

20 Sep 2009 22:38

Acceleration

0-10 MPH: 0.87 sec

0-20 MPH: 1.96 sec

0-30 MPH: 3.02 sec

0-40 MPH: 4.02 sec

0-50 MPH: 6.02 sec

0-60 MPH: 7.40 sec

0-70 MPH: 9.77 sec

0-80 MPH: 11.63 sec

0-90 MPH: 13.88 sec

Elapsed Time

60': 2.79 sec @ 25.5 MPH

330': 7.00 sec @ 55.8 MPH

1/8 mi: 10.41 sec @ 79.2 MPH

1000': 13.33 sec @ 81.7 MPH

1/4 mi: 15.68 sec @ 94.0 MPH

Miscellaneous

Max Speed: 93.4 MPH

Max Acceleration: 0.73 G's

Peak Horsepower: 191 HP

Generated by Dynolicious

Sent from my iPod

MarcTs's iPhone with this software tells us that Marc's arm produces over 600hp.....

Ok here are my numbers from the dynolicious software with the right numbers. The 0-60 time is on cold and really cheap tires. No modifications other than the snorkle removed.

O and before anyone criticizes that its not accurate look up how accurate the software is.

Love the car and cant wait to get custom exhaust. Sounds great without the back box. One bad thing is that ive gone through a clutch in 1500miles. One bit of advice......dont get a QH clutch or any of the aftermarket clutches. You can pick up a performance clutch for £150-200 and its worth it.

Corolla Tsport

20 Sep 2009 22:38

Acceleration

0-10 MPH: 0.87 sec

0-20 MPH: 1.96 sec

0-30 MPH: 3.02 sec

0-40 MPH: 4.02 sec

0-50 MPH: 6.02 sec

0-60 MPH: 7.40 sec

0-70 MPH: 9.77 sec

0-80 MPH: 11.63 sec

0-90 MPH: 13.88 sec

Elapsed Time

60': 2.79 sec @ 25.5 MPH

330': 7.00 sec @ 55.8 MPH

1/8 mi: 10.41 sec @ 79.2 MPH

1000': 13.33 sec @ 81.7 MPH

1/4 mi: 15.68 sec @ 94.0 MPH

Miscellaneous

Max Speed: 93.4 MPH

Max Acceleration: 0.73 G's

Peak Horsepower: 191 HP

Generated by Dynolicious

Sent from my iPod

how does this work? rest the phone on your roof and see how ast you can go before it slides off??

The money some performance garages must of spent on rolling roads and all they needed was a 35 quid a month contract on O2

The 1/4 mile time shown is slowest of of the 5 Cts times posted in Ricci's leaderboard (official santa ipod printouts)

so i presume the 0 - 60 time will be slower than the average Cts owners aswell

Most owners on the fourm know their car is faster than the listed times on most sites and most know there are a lot of contributing factors that can effect who is a nose length infront against most of the similar spec'd hot hatches

you really need a couple of runs against the same car to determine who is the fastest...pod pod pod

The celica T sport states 7.0s 0-60mph - how can the corolla be slower with the same engine and gearbox and similar weight. Because a starlet beat one on a 1/4 mile how do you know the corolla driver wasnt pap. Ive had a play with a ctr new shape and was inching infront to 70.

you really need a couple of runs against the same car to determine who is the fastest...pod pod pod

17th October.... Night Run :thumbsup:

if rics quater mile is around 14.7 then no way is our 0-60 time 8 seconds. You need to remember the 2zz-ge needs to be worked hard to get the best of it and alot of people cannot drive the 2zz-ge to its full potential. You may have gone up against someone with far less potential than yourself

Yeah your right ,ive heard of people who have been driving these cars for a couple of years and still think its impossible to keep it in lift between 1st and 2nd .

All im adding to this post is that i know my car to be alot faster than 7 seconds to 60, and as farhanali89 said its all about using the clutch its no use changing into second as fast as you can because that will just result in buggering up the syncros and blowing up the gearbox i should know iv done it lol trick is to hold the cluch down just abit longer not many people know this and when you dont get into lift in 2nd gear you probably lose about half a second to a second

if you check the c64 ratios - your max in 1st is 41mph at 8350rmp. when you change into 2nd the revs drop to 5996 rpm. you cant cheat ratios!

if you check the c64 ratios - your max in 1st is 41mph at 8350rmp. when you change into 2nd the revs drop to 5996 rpm. you cant cheat ratios!

so your saying its not possible to keep it in lift between 1st and 2nd?

News to me.... as it is possible.....

I'm sure Mike will explain in detail why it's not possible ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links