Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Losing Power At 6000rpm

Monkeyzak

Hey

First post.

I bought a Corolla T Sport a couple of weeks ago. A 52 plate. It needed a service so I put it into a local garage...............

Anyway...........it used to take off at about 6000rpm........................not it feels like theres a limiter there

Any ideas???????? A mate said it might be an air flow sensor?????????

Anybody know whats up??

Cheers

Del

Ok basics... engine warmed up fully?

Engine will limit to 7k rpm when cold...

Any warning lights?

Might be worth checking the Lift bolts.... there were known problems with these on the pre-facelift's

Any warning lights?

Might be worth checking the Lift bolts.... there were known problems with these on the pre-facelift's

OK. I confess I know nothing about cars................ Whats a Lift bolt and where can I find it??? The engine was warm.

As Norfolk N Chance said above or if the garage used an engine flush during the service, the VVTi Solenoid/Controller filter's may be clogged by

tarnish/residue from the engine flush.

Hope its not too serious though,

Mick

Any warning lights?

OK. I confess I know nothing about cars................ Whats a Lift bolt and where can I find it??? The engine was warm.

I don't totally know myself, but a lift bolt engages lift. Someone do correct me if I'm wrong.

If they break or tarnish, then you have no lift. They are quite cheap (I think) and they can be an ***** to fit if the old ones snap upon removal.

Some people here have done this already, so hopefully they can explain if they read this.

Hey

First post.

I bought a Corolla T Sport a couple of weeks ago. A 52 plate. It needed a service so I put it into a local garage...............

Anyway...........it used to take off at about 6000rpm........................not it feels like theres a limiter there

Any ideas???????? A mate said it might be an air flow sensor?????????

Anybody know whats up??

Cheers

Del

could well be lift bolts mate,not an easy job if your not familiar with the mechanical side of things

I gotta say that I would be surprised if it is the lift bolts, but it will cost you about £3 and half an hour of labour to change them, so why not. Doing the replacement is easy if you know how to pick up a wrench and put a socket on... ;)

Here you will find a DIY guide: http://www.corollatsport.net/CorollaTSport/Downloads.html

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links