Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stage 1 Upgrade St-205

GT4 James

Usually most people would recommend Motec on these cars for a stand alone ecu, if you go to fensport.co.uk they sell them for about 800 quid plus VAT, but dawesy showed me one that looks very good especially when you read what it offers you. http://www.hydraems.com go there and have a read up it says it will fit a celica turbo 92-95 to be honest if it fits an st185 they usually fit to the 205 i would imagine but if you do get this ecu i would just confirm this just in case. Also make sure you get the 2.6 version and not the 2.5 as i hear they trying to sell off all the 2.5's before selling the 2.6 versions. To be honest there are other more rare ecu's popping up now, the other day on gt4oc.net i heard someone talking about a wolf ecu, i have never heard of it so its worth putting some good research in. Just check if there is someone closish to you who can map it. You running any other mods on your car?

Mike

Hi mate, the car is fairly standard mods include kakimoto exhaust still got cat. Electronic boost controller, fse uprated fuel pump, blitz sus induction, decent service parts Iridium plugs racing oil filter leads etc. Just want to start getting some serious power gains and have been told i need to start thinking about re-mappable ecu as standard one isnt. I am purchasing a new zorst for her think am going for blitz nur spec is meant to be pretty good de-cat also. Any suggestions of good/easy power gains are always welcome :thumbsup:

An ecu for the 185 won't be compatible with a 205.

Tbh mate with the mods you've got a mappable ecu won't make alot of difference atm.

I would look at a hybrid turbo and then an ecu if it were me. FMIC would also be a good step. What sort of power are looking to run??

Thats a good point, but an ecu for the 185 won't work with the 205. Probably have to confirm with them what model it is definately for, saying it fits 92-95 doesn't really answer the question for anyone wanting to buy one from them!!

Yeh i know what u mean. Anyway james, paul is right ecu isn't the best thing to purchase first, there is so many mods you can do to the gt4 and once you get some uprated internals and turbo then get an ecu you can take advantage of ur upgraded parts and make a seriously quick car. True that if u did get an ecu it will make a difference definitely with mpg and power but it would be best doing it the other way. You can easily hit over 300bhp with an exhaust, de-cat, Induction kit can't think of what else my minds gone blank. Also little things like putting heat resistant matting on the charge cooler or like paul said get a front mount, exhaust wrap around the de-cat and front pipe of the exhaust. www.gtfours.co.uk is always a great place to start so much information for the car.

Well thanks for all the advice guys, will probably save me £1400 stage 1 upgrade and look at full system exhaust and some heat wrap. Will also check out website you suggested, im going to make this a seriously quick celica got a mate with a seat ibiza cupra running 280ish bhp and ever so slightly pips me :( is a bad look really lol. Will keep you posted on progress and will definitely be asking for more advice id ave thought, thanks again guys!

If you want some more sites for parts and information i have quite a lot might save you a bit of cash. I'll tell you what i had done to mine before i started my rebuild and mine was over 300bhp.

Straight air intake, dump valve, boost controller (running 17 psi), additional cold air pipe, walbro fuel pump, tvsv blocked off, 40mm core alluminium radiator, engine cover removed, front mount intercooler, 3" performance exhaust, 3" down pipe with a street racing cat welded into it, Battery relocated to boot, lightweight pulleys, d2 suspension, bbs le mans 3 alloys, air con removed (saves about 36kg's i hear),

Blocking the tvsv is a good little mod basically in first or second gear you only get 9psi boost, if u block the tvsv you will get full boost in first and second gear.

Engine cover stuck on the under side of the bonnet get rid of that will bring down bay temperatures.

You can up the boost from 0.9bar to 1.1bar but dont go any higher or you will hit fuel cut, you can only go higher once you get a remappable ecu. You can go the cheap way round and use a manual boost controller just hook up a gauge to get the boost correct. If you hit fuel cut the car will shunt forward and lose power or you can use an electronic boost controller which is more accurate but more expensive.

Getting rid of the cat and getting a de-cat is good idea and saves so much weightt as the standard cat weighs an absolute ton. I chopped my decat and welded a racing in the middle so i didnt have to keep taking the de-cat off and putting the cat back on. I think there is a loop hole somewhere on jap imports, up to a certain year engines dont need a cat something like that im sure someone will know.

Mike

tvsv??

If you go to that site i gave you, go to modifications>205>first 10 mods at the bottom of the page it says it in there

Turbo vacuum switching valve.

Go to how to guides aswell it will show you how to disable the tvsv

yep if you have an EBC (electronic boost controller) then it can be worth blocking off the std boost cobtrol valve.

i wouldnt run more than 1.1 bar on stock innards though as the piston ringlands tend to go.

300bhp is very easy to get and if done right will be very reliable. the 350 mark is where standard things start breaking though.

also the Hydra ems uses a common connector and you then hav an adapter harness to fit your particular application.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links