Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Interior Illumination

Galad

One disappointing feature of my 2007-year Avensis is the very dim backlights on the electric window swtiches and steering column buttons; there's also no backlighting for the electric mirror switch which, given its rather awkward location, can be quite fiddly to operate safely at night. My wife's 2007 Corsa D has nice bright backlights on all the switchgear. Is it possible to use higher voltage bulbs for the couresty/reading lights? The optitron illumination of the speedo etc is classy but if I'm sitting with side lights on at night everything but the radio goes out, including the clock. Minor gripes for what is otherwise a lovely motor!

One disappointing feature of my 2007-year Avensis is the very dim backlights on the electric window swtiches and steering column buttons; there's also no backlighting for the electric mirror switch which, given its rather awkward location, can be quite fiddly to operate safely at night. My wife's 2007 Corsa D has nice bright backlights on all the switchgear. Is it possible to use higher voltage bulbs for the couresty/reading lights? The optitron illumination of the speedo etc is classy but if I'm sitting with side lights on at night everything but the radio goes out, including the clock. Minor gripes for what is otherwise a lovely motor!

have you checked the level that the interior lighting is set to?

on the odometer, press the button until you see a series of lines, something like ---==

cycle through the displays on the odometer, trip A and trip B and so on. Not sure whether engine needs to be on or not. try it with out first, then switch on if you you still dont see the lines. In fact you might even need to turn on the headlamps. sorry for the vagueness, its been ages since i messed about with it.

the lighting has "i think" 4 levels.

-

--

---

---=

now obviously the fewer dashes you see means the dimmer the lights are.

this is where my memory is fuzzy but i think you press and hold the odometer button until they flash or change. then you press the button until the background lights are at the level you want.

this is all in the owners manual too.

cheers

have you checked the level that the interior lighting is set to?

on the odometer, press the button until you see a series of lines, something like ---==

cycle through the displays on the odometer, trip A and trip B and so on. Not sure whether engine needs to be on or not. try it with out first, then switch on if you you still dont see the lines. In fact you might even need to turn on the headlamps. sorry for the vagueness, its been ages since i messed about with it.

the lighting has "i think" 4 levels.

-

--

---

---=

now obviously the fewer dashes you see means the dimmer the lights are.

this is where my memory is fuzzy but i think you press and hold the odometer button until they flash or change. then you press the button until the background lights are at the level you want.

this is all in the owners manual too.

cheers

Hi Galad

You must remember to switch your side lights on, before this option is available to be changed.

If the lights are off, you only get the trip and mileages displayed.

With regard to the switchlights, you must mean higher wattage bulbs, as using higher voltage bulbs would either not light up at all, or will be even duller than the originals.

LED bulbs are a good option, as they produce very little heat and much more light, while also consuming less power.

There are loads of places on the not, selling these types of bulbs.

Regards