Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Compressor Owners

tccom

HI,just got the compressor back from the dealer after havin a NEW SUPERCHARGER fitted! had a whine after being on the motorway for six hours goin on hols,and turned out that the SUPERCHARGER WAS EMPTY OF OIL FROM NEW so please get the oil in the supercharger checked if its empty then you need a new charger,the dealer also changed the gearbox oil and the gearchange is 100% improved.SO A BIG THUMB'S UP TO BENTLY'S OF WARRINGTON :toast:

HI,just got the compressor back from the dealer after havin a NEW SUPERCHARGER fitted! had a whine after being on the motorway for six hours goin on hols,and turned out that the SUPERCHARGER WAS EMPTY OF OIL FROM NEW so please get the oil in the supercharger checked if its empty then you need a new charger,the dealer also changed the gearbox oil and the gearchange is 100% improved.SO A BIG THUMB'S UP TO BENTLY'S OF WARRINGTON :toast:

what mileage were you at? if u don't mind me asking of course...

my dad's due to check my s/c oil this weekend (he's a mechanic) and my compressor has 19000 miles on it. don't think it's ever been checked to be honest.

hi guys, how do you check your supercharger oil? on 23k and as far as i know its never been checked. no loud whining though. :unsure:

what mileage were you at? if u don't mind me asking of course...

my dad's due to check my s/c oil this weekend (he's a mechanic) and my compressor has 19000 miles on it. don't think it's ever been checked to be honest.

it's done 20,000 mls and the s/c was bone dry! toyota paid the 2k for repair.apparantly the oil is hard to get hold of as toyota won,t let the dealers stock it i was told today for some reason don,t even know if you can order it but parts king will now.

hi guys, how do you check your supercharger oil? on 23k and as far as i know its never been checked. no loud whining though. :unsure:

hi,at the front theres a alloy casting with a induction tube on i think its under that alloy casting, a 14mm bolt which is actually a dip stick for the charger but i may be wrong could do with a diagram from toyota to confirm it.

hi,at the front theres a alloy casting with a induction tube on i think its under that alloy casting, a 14mm bolt which is actually a dip stick for the charger but i may be wrong could do with a diagram from toyota to confirm it.

worrying me now..

i heard that if you cant check your sc oil without replacing the oil because of the seal???

worrying me now..

i heard that if you cant check your sc oil without replacing the oil because of the seal???

well mine was bone dry the dealer said,apparently theres a dip stick under a alloy casting at the front were a pipe fits and the dip sticks under there,i'm gonna get a diagram from the dealers when i next go past to make sure,but they reckon its never had any/enough oil in from new! but me gears are great now thank god for warranty or i would be 2k out of pocket.

worrying me now..

well mine was bone dry the dealer said,apparently theres a dip stick under a alloy casting at the front were a pipe fits and the dip sticks under there,i'm gonna get a diagram from the dealers when i next go past to make sure,but they reckon its never had any/enough oil in from new! but me gears are great now thank god for warranty or i would be 2k out of pocket.

hmm .. will ask my mech to check mine tomorrow!

so the noise where you had the springs and bolts changed on the exhaust manifold... was that totally different noise??????

worrying me now..

so the noise where you had the springs and bolts changed on the exhaust manifold... was that totally different noise??????

yeh that was when you pulled away with low revs like a loud creak common apparently dealer went straight to it.

worrying me now..

yeh that was when you pulled away with low revs like a loud creak common apparently dealer went straight to it.

hard to say cos mine like a creak/screech/whine all in one noise at low and mine does it even when your stationary (playing with the butterfly)??? sound familiar?

worrying me now..

hard to say cos mine like a creak/screech/whine all in one noise at low and mine does it even when your stationary (playing with the butterfly)??? sound familiar?

well its not the box,you have induction kit on do you?have you tried the original air box back on?was it doin it before the sp conversion has it got the smaller pulley?

worrying me now..

well its not the box,you have induction kit on do you?have you tried the original air box back on?was it doin it before the sp conversion has it got the smaller pulley?

sorry dude wats the box?

wasnt there before the sp upgrade..

ppl are saying that it could be the induction kit.. and that i sholuld try an inverted induction! CKMAN85 has the same setup without this noise!

talk over pm mate.. its alot easier lol

thanks for your patience

worrying me now..

sorry dude wats the box?

wasnt there before the sp upgrade..

ppl are saying that it could be the induction kit.. and that i sholuld try an inverted induction! CKMAN85 has the same setup without this noise!

talk over pm mate.. its alot easier lol

thanks for your patience

ok

When you mean a noise from the induction kit, is it worse cold and almost sounds like a constant metalic harsh grinding noise thats not rpm dependent coming straight from the air filter?

And when you switch your engine off does it do it then (even when warm) ?

When you mean a noise from the induction kit, is it worse cold and almost sounds like a constant metalic harsh grinding noise thats not rpm dependent coming straight from the air filter?

I thinks thats normal mate

Went to toyota today and got them to check my oil.. and THERE IS HARDLY ANY IN THERE.. so much so its does even reach the disptick!!!!!!!

GUTTED! been driving round for the last 8 months with hardly any sc oil!!

now the problem is where to get the oil?????!!!

shaun

I thinks thats normal mate

Went to toyota today and got them to check my oil.. and THERE IS HARDLY ANY IN THERE.. so much so its does even reach the disptick!!!!!!!

GUTTED! been driving round for the last 8 months with hardly any sc oil!!

now the problem is where to get the oil?????!!!

shaun

so yours is empty too i would get it replaced at toyotas expense as there has been a ***** up fitting the superchargers.

Has anybody confirmed the location of the dipstick yet, and what the correct level is? Pics and/or diagram please :)

Only picked the cts-c up this week, so straight into Mr T this morning and yes you write the the dip stick is on the filler plug.

You need to take off the induction pipe and then take off the front of the s/c from what I could see from the pics the filler bolt can then be located.

Oil has to be ordered its not a stock item but undoing the filler bolt doesn't break any seal and oil can be topped up without having to change the entire contents.

Hope this helps maybe go back in next week and get them to print a pic or two.

Partnumber for the oil would also be helpful

So the filler plug is on the right side of the SC looking from front then? I assume that when you said take the front off you mean the to take the inletcover/pipe that connects to the hose that goes to the throttlebody?

Has anybody confirmed the location of the dipstick yet, and what the correct level is? Pics and/or diagram please :)

Only picked the cts-c up this week, so straight into Mr T this morning and yes you write the the dip stick is on the filler plug.

You need to take off the induction pipe and then take off the front of the s/c from what I could see from the pics the filler bolt can then be located.

Oil has to be ordered its not a stock item but undoing the filler bolt doesn't break any seal and oil can be topped up without having to change the entire contents.

Hope this helps maybe go back in next week and get them to print a pic or two.

is it on the front as tou look straight into the engine,take induction pipe off and remove 6 bolts and the caseing and its their?

Yep from what I could see its as previously posted its the alloy casting at the front of the s/c , will defo go in tomorrow and get some pics.

It's gotta be on the side, as there is nothing in the front:

http://www.corollatsport.net/CorollaTSport...charger.html#28

I might have some better pics somewhere else.

no need to take off induction. just the inlet pipe from the trottle body to the sc!

take off the front of the sc which is simply 3-6 bolts and it comes off and it will be right in front of you. when u removed the dipstip its best to change the gasket when u put it back

GUys has anyone got the part number for the oil?? need it desperately!

Failing that do you guys know whether i can us the oil for any rotrex sc??

thanks shaun

no need to take off induction. just the inlet pipe from the trottle body to the sc!

take off the front of the sc which is simply 3-6 bolts and it comes off and it will be right in front of you. when u removed the dipstip its best to change the gasket when u put it back

thanks shaun

supercharger oil type- klubersynth GH6-80 of kluber lubrication.(www.kluber.com)

thanks shaun

supercharger oil type- klubersynth GH6-80 of kluber lubrication.(www.kluber.com)

Cheer Nick

is this oil specifically for my sc?