Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Imported From Japan

super

I have bought a toyota yaris verso (fun cargo) imported from Japan, but unfortunately the manual is in Japanese...

Is there any way I can obtain one in English (maybe online?), without going to my local Toyota dealer since probably he won't be very pleased I didn't buy the car from him!

My car also came equipped with a complete system navigator i.e. GPS, cd player, radio, cassette player, tv all in one. But it's manual is also in Japanese. The ones imported locally don't come with the navigator, so I can't find help in my country for sure.

I would appreciate any replies...

Thanks,

Tony.

i would try ya dealer first and see what they say surely it cant be that hard for them to get you one!

alternatively you can always ask here as most people can recite the damn thing off by heart!

oh an another thing...................WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you for your welcome, jaxx and eminef!

Eminef: you bought one from where? Who ships them everywhere? Could you kindly give me an address or something?

Well, actually today I went to the local Toyota importer... I asked him for a rubber grommet for my other car, a Toyota Hiace, and guess what? He asked me whether I had bought it from him or it had been imported from Japan! :ffs:

You see, the new car importers here are very angry that there are people who are importing nearly brand new cars from Japan, and are trying everything to ruin their market, including making life difficult for people who want parts for their Toyotas.... When I asked him if he had a manual for Toyota Yaris Verso, he also asked me if it was from Japan. I told him no... (actually it is yes, my Yaris is a Japanese Funcargo the equivalent of the Verso). It was obvious that he didn't believe me because he went all red in the face and told me that the Funcargo is very different and that the parts do not match.... and that he does not have any manuals... :censor: I wonder if this is true...

Please help me. I live in Malta, here there's only one Toyota car importer and as you have seen he's not helpful. The guy who sold me the car told me that since he buys them from a japanese guy he can send him only japanese manuals... so that's not very helpful either.

But I need information urgently. Heck I want to change the oil but don't know what grade or API I should give! :crybaby: I want to get to know my car!

unless anyone over here can help you and send it across...................anyone?

:eek:

Is it possible that nobody over here knows anything or can help me? :eek:

:help:

Put a search in the TOC site search engine for Paul Ranson, he can help you!

Is it possible that nobody over here knows anything or can help me?  :eek:

Put a search in the TOC site search engine for Paul Ranson, he can help you!

or JPNZ

Jimma: Thank you very much for the info you gave me! B) I managed to find Paul Ranson's web site. He has a manual for the Vitz, but the Fun Cargo (Verso) isn't mentioned. However I sent him an email enquiring. I also asked him if maybe he has a manual for the GPS Navigator, since mine is also in Japanese.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I get good news from him....... :rolleyes:

Jimma: Thank you very much for the info you gave me! B) I managed to find Paul Ranson's web site. He has a manual for the Vitz, but the Fun Cargo (Verso) isn't mentioned. However I sent him an email enquiring. I also asked him if maybe he has a manual for the GPS Navigator, since mine is also in Japanese.

No problem friend, hope you get one soon :D

I have bought a toyota yaris verso (fun cargo) imported from Japan, but unfortunately the manual is in Japanese...

Is there any way I can obtain one in English (maybe online?), without going to my local Toyota dealer since probably he won't be very pleased I didn't buy the car from him!

My car also came equipped with a complete system navigator i.e. GPS, cd player, radio, cassette player, tv all in one. But it's manual is also in Japanese. The ones imported locally don't come with the navigator, so I can't find help in my country for sure.

I would appreciate any replies...

Thanks,

Tony.

Please can you sent me an email with the interior of your Verso ??

I got my Verso from Greece (no TV-Nav screen for us too) :angry:

Cannot wait for your pics !!!

alexandrosbolotos@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance..

Is it possible that nobody over here knows anything or can help me? :eek:

i have a close family member who works for toyota. let me know exactly what you need and i'll ask him if he can get ahold of them, and find out the costs for you.

cheers.

Danny

Is it possible that nobody over here knows anything or can help me?  :eek:

i have a close family member who works for toyota. let me know exactly what you need and i'll ask him if he can get ahold of them, and find out the costs for you.

cheers.

Danny

A free 2005 Supra please :D

• 1 year later...
Jimma: Thank you very much for the info you gave me!  B)  I managed to find Paul Ranson's web site. He has a manual for the Vitz, but the Fun Cargo (Verso) isn't mentioned. However I sent him an email enquiring. I also asked him if maybe he has a manual for the GPS Navigator, since mine is also in Japanese.

I just wondered if you managed to get the Funcargo Manual. I just bought a 2003 Funcargo from Malta and need the Owner's Manual in English and the GPS Navigator Manual. At www.spam.com the Manual is out of stock. Can you help me? Thanks.

Lol but if they post bout something that already been asked about they get screwed but they also get screwed at if they ask questions bout something thats already been discussed in the relevant post? Come on guys which is it? :P

Jimma: Thank you very much for the info you gave me!  B)  I managed to find Paul Ranson's web site. He has a manual for the Vitz, but the Fun Cargo (Verso) isn't mentioned. However I sent him an email enquiring. I also asked him if maybe he has a manual for the GPS Navigator, since mine is also in Japanese.

No problem friend, hope you get one soon :D

Hi Super,

I too am trying to locate the owners manual, but am having trouble locating Paul Ranson???? Please, did you have any luck yet getting a manual?? I would appreciate it if you can share your info with me: colnewell@sympatico.ca

GRAZZI HAFNA

I just wondered if you managed to get the Funcargo Manual. I just bought a 2003 Funcargo from Malta and need the Owner's Manual in English and the GPS Navigator Manual. At www.spam.com the Manual is out of stock. Can you help me? Thanks.

Hi nml, I too am trying to locate a FunCargo manual, if you get lucky, please let me know at; colnewell@sympatico.ca GRAZZI HAFNA!

hi i'm from malta too and i've just bought a vitz from japan. i had the same problem. if ound a manual from here http://www.compoutpost.com/store/list.asp?...=vitz&stype=tit

but i decided against buying it anyway because i don't think it's worth the cost, and the vitz is such a simple car, i don't really need the manual anyway!

hi i'm from malta too and i've just bought a vitz from japan.  i had the same problem.  if ound a manual from here http://www.compoutpost.com/store/list.asp?...=vitz&stype=tit

but i decided against buying it anyway because i don't think it's worth the cost, and the vitz is such a simple car, i don't really need the manual anyway!

Hi betaj, thanks for the website, maybe I will have a look.

What I need is the manual in English for; Date of manufacture - year 2000

It is a funcargo estate - Engine capacity 1298 - Max. technically permissible mass is 1285 kgs - engine number is 2NZ1275789. Boy, the Japan Toyota website is super with graphics, just wish they also had option to read in English!

what i found out actually is taht you are much more likely to find a service manual on the web rather than a regular users manual.

btw...seeing as you're from malta....do you ahve a problem with your headlamps turning yellow? Have you found any way of soilving it....I've noticed the european yaris actually has perfect headlamps which never seem to turn yellow....i wonder why!

what i found out actually is taht you are much more likely to find a service manual on the web rather than a regular users manual.

btw...seeing as you're from malta....do you ahve a problem with your headlamps turning yellow?  Have you found any way of soilving it....I've noticed the european yaris actually has perfect headlamps which never seem to turn yellow....i wonder why!

Hi beta-j,

Actually I am not from Malta (my husband is) we are in Canada. But we have a kugin in Malta who is having the same problem as you, no help from the dealer.

His Toyota FunCargo came without handbook, and he was hoping here in Canada we would know how to get one. NOT SO! Can't even contact Toyota Japan, the website is all Japanese, no e-mail link to click. So I have snailmailed to Japan, see what they respond - if any! As for your yellow lamps, do you mean the actual lenses? Kid brother here bought a Vibe, all the newer vehicles have plastic headlights, so he ordered an after market kit which completely covers the headlights to protect them from stone chips or yellowing. Are your lenses plastic of glass? It seems to be the plastic that yellows... Sahha. Colleen

btw...seeing as you're from malta....do you ahve a problem with your headlamps turning yellow?  Have you found any way of soilving it....I've noticed the european yaris actually has perfect headlamps which never seem to turn yellow....i wonder why!

Hi beta-j,

Actually I am not from Malta (my husband is) we are in Canada. But we have a kugin in Malta who is having the same problem as you, no help from the dealer.

His Toyota FunCargo came without handbook, and he was hoping here in Canada we would know how to get one. NOT SO! Can't even contact Toyota Japan, the website is all Japanese, no e-mail link to click. So I have snailmailed to Japan, see what they respond - if any! As for your yellow lamps, do you mean the actual lenses? Kid brother here bought a Vibe, all the newer vehicles have plastic headlights, so he ordered an after market kit which completely covers the headlights to protect them from stone chips or yellowing. Are your lenses plastic of glass? It seems to be the plastic that yellows... Sahha. Colleen

ic...the lenses are plastic.

what sort of kit is this? do you mean he has to remove it whenever he uses his headlamps or is it a replacement part?