Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Imported From Japan

super

what i found out actually is taht you are much more likely to find a service manual on the web rather than a regular users manual.

btw...seeing as you're from malta....do you ahve a problem with your headlamps turning yellow?  Have you found any way of soilving it....I've noticed the european yaris actually has perfect headlamps which never seem to turn yellow....i wonder why!

Hi beta-j,

Actually I am not from Malta (my husband is) we are in Canada. But we have a kugin in Malta who is having the same problem as you, no help from the dealer.

His Toyota FunCargo came without handbook, and he was hoping here in Canada we would know how to get one. NOT SO! Can't even contact Toyota Japan, the website is all Japanese, no e-mail link to click. So I have snailmailed to Japan, see what they respond - if any! As for your yellow lamps, do you mean the actual lenses? Kid brother here bought a Vibe, all the newer vehicles have plastic headlights, so he ordered an after market kit which completely covers the headlights to protect them from stone chips or yellowing. Are your lenses plastic of glass? It seems to be the plastic that yellows... Sahha. Colleen

ic...the lenses are plastic.

what sort of kit is this? do you mean he has to remove it whenever he uses his headlamps or is it a replacement part?

what i found out actually is taht you are much more likely to find a service manual on the web rather than a regular users manual.

btw...seeing as you're from malta....do you ahve a problem with your headlamps turning yellow?  Have you found any way of soilving it....I've noticed the european yaris actually has perfect headlamps which never seem to turn yellow....i wonder why!

Hi beta-j,

Actually I am not from Malta (my husband is) we are in Canada. But we have a kugin in Malta who is having the same problem as you, no help from the dealer.

His Toyota FunCargo came without handbook, and he was hoping here in Canada we would know how to get one. NOT SO! Can't even contact Toyota Japan, the website is all Japanese, no e-mail link to click. So I have snailmailed to Japan, see what they respond - if any! As for your yellow lamps, do you mean the actual lenses? Kid brother here bought a Vibe, all the newer vehicles have plastic headlights, so he ordered an after market kit which completely covers the headlights to protect them from stone chips or yellowing. Are your lenses plastic of glass? It seems to be the plastic that yellows... Sahha. Colleen

ic...the lenses are plastic.

what sort of kit is this? do you mean he has to remove it whenever he uses his headlamps or is it a replacement part?

The kit is permanent, it cannot even be seen, completely trnasparent protection. I will ask brother Tony where he ordered it from. His headlamps on the Vibe (GM equivilant to Toyota Matrix which is one size up from Yaris) are the cool looking kinds tear drop shape. I really like the 2006 Yaris! Might get me one! Colleen

thanks, i'd really appreciate it if you could do that.

btw...what part of canada do you live in? My parents and my broher live in Canada too, in Prince Edward Island.

btw...what part of canada do you live in?  My parents and my broher live in Canada too, in Prince Edward Island.

Hi beta-j,

Funny, I just talked to the brother, he said the website to search for is 'weathertech' he thinks it is all one word. Been a while since he was searching there, about four months. But he said they have all sorts of interesting items, he is very pleased with the headlamp covers.

So you have family in PEI, we are two days drive away in Ontario. We also have family in Nova Scotia, drive there at least once a year! PEI is beautiful, ever been there yourself? OK, I am going to search for the weather tech site as well, good luck habib. Sahha ~ Colleen

btw...what part of canada do you live in?  My parents and my broher live in Canada too, in Prince Edward Island.

Hi beta-j,

Funny, I just talked to the brother, he said the website to search for is 'weathertech' he thinks it is all one word. Been a while since he was searching there, about four months. But he said they have all sorts of interesting items, he is very pleased with the headlamp covers.

So you have family in PEI, we are two days drive away in Ontario. We also have family in Nova Scotia, drive there at least once a year! PEI is beautiful, ever been there yourself? OK, I am going to search for the weather tech site as well, good luck habib. Sahha ~ Colleen

Hi beta-j,

Hi beta-j,

HI again,

Just visited the www:weathertech site, it is very interesting! Here is a bit about the headlamp covers;LampGard™

Protect your expensive headlamps, before it's too late!

Introducing LampGard™, an incredibly tough 40 mil. thick, double-polished urethane material that is optically clear and applies (peel & stick) directly to the surface. This product has built-in ultraviolet inhibitors that guarantee it will never dry, harden or discolor for as long as you own your vehicle.

Good luck habib, bongorno ~~ Colleen

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Paul,

I appreciate your help, I did go to your site before but am puzzled as the book I am looking for is for a 2000 FunCargo engine 2NZ1275789. So I don't think your 1999 book is the one?? Thanks for your interest. Colleen

Edited by Matthew_McNally

I have bought a toyota yaris verso (fun cargo) imported from Japan, but unfortunately the manual is in Japanese...

Is there any way I can obtain one in English (maybe online?), without going to my local Toyota dealer since probably he won't be very pleased I didn't buy the car from him!

My car also came equipped with a complete system navigator i.e. GPS, cd player, radio, cassette player, tv all in one. But it's manual is also in Japanese. The ones imported locally don't come with the navigator, so I can't find help in my country for sure.

I would appreciate any replies...

Thanks,

Tony.

Hi I am also from Malta(Gozo).I have a Funcargo that has also the navigation system/tv to be exact the model num. is NVN-D51.I tried every possible CD rom but it did'n work.If you manage to find a solution please let me know:michaelgrech@waldonet.net.mt.