Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq2

w.a.s.p.

picked this up yesterday<friday>salesman said he put £20 0f fuel in it

the goodlady has now done 80miles and now the petrol gauge is flashing

that it is down to reserve :wacko: now either the salesman is telling porkie pies

or is this normal :blink: ,by my reckoning £20 of fuel is roughly 20litres and she should get a helluva lot more mileage

for £20,can anyone tell me how much fuel is left when it is down to reserve light flashing?

£20 should show a pretty full tank!

£33.00 would fill the tank so I think you have been screwed, I get over 400 miles from £20.00

Mine is full on @£27. First time I panicked cos it was flashing and I was miles from a petrol station going to work, so drove on to work thinking of where was nearest petrol station on leaving. Got in that evening and it was showing third full!?!?!? However filled it up just in case :unsure: . Wasn't parked on a hill or anything so dont know why it was flashing empty one minute and third full next!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

£33.00 would fill the tank so I think you have been screwed, I get over 400 miles from £20.00

How do you get 400miles on £20! what is your driving style,road types & lenght of time on each drive????.

I can only manage 350miles on £30+,mine driving is a mix of street level & duel carrigeway..............

How do you get 400miles on £20! what is your driving style,road types & lenght of time on each drive????.

I can only manage 350miles on £30+,mine driving is a mix of street level & duel carrigeway..............

Sorry, my fault I meant to put £30.00, but i do get over 400 miles.

My driving is mainly on the motorway early mornings and i stick to 55 mph as much as i can, i reckon im getting around 65 to 68 mpg

salesmans ears will be burning tomorrow

mant thanks for reply

Hi Justin7

Do you have a picture of your car, and can you tell me where you get all your mod's from?

Thanks

I noticed that every time i run to get fuel because the gauge is flashing there is at least 6 liters left...with which i can drive 80 km...

many thanks for all replies,salesman said that we have to give petrol gauge time to settle down

told him that was <the spuds of lurrrrvve>s it should give a true reading

still insisted that he put £20 in tank,told him we will be monitoring the petrol consumption

and money we are putting into it over the course of this week

get this horrible feeling it will be going back to toyota for diagnostic check

I noticed that every time i run to get fuel because the gauge is flashing there is at least 6 liters left...with which i can drive 80 km...

That sounds a bit odd? 6liters for 80 km?...................... that's nearly impossible much. :o

• 1 month later...

Dear All,

This is a general issue with the IQ. It is the first car ever to feature a completely flat fuel tank (the only way they could make the car fit), and clearly the flat tank is causing issues with low-fuel light warning.... it can light up, and when you restart it can be back to 3 bars, but then just as quick be gone again.

So the question is, how brave are you, and are we willing to go further or just fill it up? It's just part of IQ ownership I guess.

Dear All,

This is a general issue with the IQ. It is the first car ever to feature a completely flat fuel tank (the only way they could make the car fit), and clearly the flat tank is causing issues with low-fuel light warning.... it can light up, and when you restart it can be back to 3 bars, but then just as quick be gone again.

So the question is, how brave are you, and are we willing to go further or just fill it up? It's just part of IQ ownership I guess.

i always keep it half full it cost me a tenner weekly dont do a great deal of miles but getting 60mpg

This is probably still my biggest niggle (get over the interior light people) because it flashes so I think I had better not chance it then when I get back in the wee beastie it has two bars back that last ages! Went to Wales recently & used quite a bit of fuel but I REFUSE to have the average MPG display up as you just end up tearing your hair out when it keeps saying 48 most of the time ha ha. Must be my driving....

I have put over £30 in at a time to fill it up too. If it takes 33litres & fuel cost over a pound a litre...Go figure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links