Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Things That Bug Me About My Aygo

sullspots

Got my Aygo Black 3 door in June and have done about 3000 miles so far.Overall it's a great little car,cheap to run,easy to park and nippy enough.

A few things really get on my nerves though. :mad2:

Toyota,move the !Removed! heater knob,it digs into my knee and I want to flatten it with a big hammer.

Why do I have to wait half an hour for the radio volume to decrease when I press the damn button ? I need a turny dial OK.

When someone gets in or out of the back why do I have to faff around for five years getting the front seat back to where it was ?

When I'm trying to park the heel of my thumb presses the horn.Hey everyone,look at me trying to park!! More clearance please Mr T.

OK,rant over.Anyone else think of anything?

Not really bugging me but things that could have been changed to make the car a wee bit better.

An intermittent rear wiper.

A wider rear wiper blade.

For the Phase 1 model: Better sound insulation

That small glittery cheap plastic round heater control should be made of black quality rubber.

The small glttery round heater control should have a small LED to show what spead seeting you`ve chosen at night.

Rear boot needs a light as can t see a thing at night whats in the rear boot.

Can anyone think of more? Please send them to Toyota headquarters. lol :D

Your point about the boot light reminds me of something else that gets on my wick.

Why oh why doesn't the interior light come on when the passenger door opens ?? aarrgghh !!!

As if it wasn't hard enough getting a passenger in the back with the funny seat set-up,you actually have to open the drivers door to see what on earth you're doing.And when it's windy having both doors open causes a gust strong enough to blow the !Removed! doors off. :mad2:

How much money did Toyota save on that one,about 20p ?

"When someone gets in or out of the back why do I have to faff around for five years getting the front seat back to where it was ?"

My previous car was a Yaris and had a similar seat mechanism i.e. it would not return to it's original position. I complained to Toyota customer services and was told that I was the only person ever to complain about it. Hah, perhaps the only person to complain on that particular day!

"When someone gets in or out of the back why do I have to faff around for five years getting the front seat back to where it was ?"

My previous car was a Yaris and had a similar seat mechanism i.e. it would not return to it's original position. I complained to Toyota customer services and was told that I was the only person ever to complain about it. Hah, perhaps the only person to complain on that particular day!

A mute button on the radio is my main thing !

The fact the rubber strips coming off a car ive had two weeks is pretty annoying really. I asked about the seat movement and the dealer told me one of the reasons that the seat doesnt move on the drivers side as much is to encourage people to get in on the passangers side. So why doesnt the light come on? but the thing that really annoys me is its not new and clean any more :(

Overly long gearing that looks great in the press but reduces real life fuel consumption as you have to change down to stop it chugging.

Too many turns on the steering and the steering has too much slop.

MMT gearbox is crap in auto mode and not as good as a Yaris Freetronic in manual mode.

wiper on the back wrong way round and not long enough.

Petrol cap on the wrong side

Bonnet release on the wrong side

Passenger side electric window switch not accessible for driver.

The volume on the audio as mentioned above takes too long

The annoying seatbelt warning.

The fuel gauge should be analogue and not digital.

In summary, most fun car I've had in a long time. :D

Regards

Andy

I have some more to add :D

Ever noticed the stupid black tape wrapping the driver's seat belt sensor???!!! How much would have cost a proper plastic housing???

Ever driven on a road with some scattered gravel ?? It seems like the chassis is tearing apart with all that cracking noise!!!

Nevertheless i love my baby sooooooo much!!!

I have no real complaints about my car to be honest.

Yes the interior light does not come on when a passenger opens the passenger door is a minor incovenience but it really does not annoy me. I just took it as a quirk of the car when i got it.

Other than this there is nothing that annoys me about it. It does not rattle like mad touch wood, or fail to start in the morning so cannot complain.

All in all, for a car which is marketed as a small budget car (the reason I got it after selling my BMW 1 series) it does the job really well.

The only gripe if I have one which may surface at some later date, is the clutch as selecting reverse is a bit crunchy for my liking. Not sure how long it will last :unsure: hopefully a long time.

Other than that, the only other gripe which is no fault of the car, is that I keep getting cut up by people when i tootle along. This car commands little or no respect whilst driving around. Number of times i have had cars pull out into the right hand lane of the motorway in front of me as I was about to overtake is unbeliveable :angry:

For the money I paid, I can't really complain.

However, it really bugs me when rainwater on the tailgate door

runs into the boot when I open it.

...and wash water clings to mirrors, sills, badges, fuel cap, front grill etc.

Does the fact that the center a/c vent is fixed on top of the dash instead of a normal 2 front flow adjustable vents system annoy anyone?

I have no real complaints about my car to be honest.

Yes the interior light does not come on when a passenger opens the passenger door is a minor incovenience but it really does not annoy me. I just took it as a quirk of the car when i got it.

Other than this there is nothing that annoys me about it. It does not rattle like mad touch wood, or fail to start in the morning so cannot complain.

All in all, for a car which is marketed as a small budget car (the reason I got it after selling my BMW 1 series) it does the job really well.

The only gripe if I have one which may surface at some later date, is the clutch as selecting reverse is a bit crunchy for my liking. Not sure how long it will last :unsure: hopefully a long time.

Other than that, the only other gripe which is no fault of the car, is that I keep getting cut up by people when i tootle along. This car commands little or no respect whilst driving around. Number of times i have had cars pull out into the right hand lane of the motorway in front of me as I was about to overtake is unbeliveable :angry:

I wouldnt overly worry about the reverse gear, just dont force it in, if it wont go in easy the pump the clutch again or slip into another gear then reverse, it happens on most Toyota models or at least all the modern ones i'v come across, enquired about it once and was told its just the way they arrange the cogs. Its much worse on the 04-05 yaris.

Anybody else find the Aygo gearbox stiffer when cold? if so any ideas why?

Grrrrrr! :angry: lol. Now that you mention about water clinging on to the sills etc. I never noticed it before, but now will pay more attention when chamoising my car with the "leather"! Pmsl :P

Okay, the list goes on:

How about a sunroof? Sometimes its nice when the car is stopped and instead of using A/C just pop open the roof.

The Toyota front Badge. Shouldnt the backing be hollow to let airflow straight into the engine? Since being blanked off at the back. Surely this isnt aero-dynamic?

A better more powerful stereo

better airflow into the cabin. Noticed even on the motor way it gets stuffy in the cabin. My prev car 106 had plenty of cool air flowing directly into the cabin. (has the Aygo go a filter or something?)

Glove box light

HUD Head up display

Lasers

Hellfire missles

Now I m getting stupid. lol But hey, isnt this just us moaning about a cheap and cheerful car? :rolleyes:

AygoIronman wrote:

Now I m getting stupid. lol But hey, isnt this just us moaning about a cheap and cheerful car?

£8000 ain't cheap and if Toyota doesn't listen to its customers "moans" then its not so much Aygo as "I go elsewhere" :gun_bandana:

Does the fact that the center a/c vent is fixed on top of the dash

instead of a normal 2 front flow adjustable vents system annoy anyone?

Not me - aygo aircon is something that I cannot fault, mine is brilliant. :thumbsup:

I don't need to use it that often but, when I do, it's very effective and

I only need to have it on for a few minutes.

Aircon freshens me up and makes me more alert. B)

I'm more annoyed by sleeping policemen (concrete bumps laid in the road

to slow vehicles down) and Blue simply hates them. :(

My one major problem that ive started to dislike it the following.

People bitching that there is no leg room in the back behind me when im driving.

Im 6ft 7, gimmie a break, i didnt buy the car to be a taxi, be gratefull im taking you anywhere.

AygoIronman wrote:
Now I m getting stupid. lol But hey, isnt this just us moaning about a cheap and cheerful car?

£8000 ain't cheap and if Toyota doesn't listen to its customers "moans" then its not so much Aygo as "I go elsewhere" :gun_bandana:

Fair enough dude, but thats your opinion. You can go else where, and I didnt pay £8000 for my Aygo. I paid £5549 for my Aygo Blue. This is a cheap and cheerful car, no matter what but there are cheaper cars out there, and it depends on your budget. I m happy with mine, and at the price I paid for. It was the same as a new car I bought back in 2003.

I would never buy a new car again. Id by nearly new, or buy a second hand one with a low mileage.

I got a new Blue on the scrappage scheme earlier in Sept, love it, but a few niggles...

1) Its too !Removed! easy to press the horn in error

2) STeering wheel controls for the stereo would be good - my mum and dad got a yaris on the scrappage scheme and that has steering wheel controls

3) Being able to control passenger elec windows would be nice!

4) Glove box lid!

5) Anyone find the windscreen steams up extremely easily?

Loving it aside from those gripe. It feels like it accelerates like a rollercoater and is soooo light on the steering. The petrol never seems to run out too.

PS: I was planning on getting a roof box to make up for the bot room for long journeys/breaks. Any ideas?

[ 6) The seat doesn't hold you in place very well!]

OK to sum up so far:

We need seats that go back to their original positions

A redesigned heater control

A radio volume control knob

A mute button on the radio

A smaller horn push on the steering wheel

An intermittent rear wiper with a longer blade

A black rubber fan control with LED

A passenger door operated interior light

Boot light

Better sound insulation (much better)

A drivers side passenger electric window control

Stronger adhesive on rubber trim

Bonnet release on drivers side

Gearing too tall

Water run off on tail-gate

Proper centre vents

More vents to windscreen for demisting

Glove box lid

And how about a more solid ride on the motorway

So maybe not an exhaustive list and sorry if I missed a few. I'm sure you can think of a few more !!

I don't know if the decision makers read this stuff but if it leads to better cars for us lot then it's worth offering a bit of constructive criticism.

Don't know about you guys, but there IS a mute button on my stereo. The glovebox lid is readily available from the local dealers and takes only 5mins to fit.

The aygo is a budget car, and the more features added the more it will cost starting to put it into Yaris territory.

Don't know about you guys, but there IS a mute button on my stereo. The glovebox lid is readily available from the local dealers and takes only 5mins to fit.

The aygo is a budget car, and the more features added the more it will cost starting to put it into Yaris territory.

Hear! hear! lol

I agree Kevin65. I mentioned the Aygo was a budget car, and someone said to me £8000 aint cheap! Sheeesh!! :o I never paid £8000 for my Aygo!

I too have a mute button. Its on the top left hand side of my stereo. Its also known as the "OFF" button. lol

My main gripe is the fiddly passenger seat, fortunately I don't carry passengers very often, the other thing is a safety issue, has anyone noticed how much of a blind spot the windscreen pillar/mirror mounting causes, especially looking left, I ride motorcycles regularly, so I'm not blind to them, but occasionally they fit exactly into this blind spot, and it is possible not to see them at first look, but I always do a second check. Other than that its fine, doing 50+ mpg just city driving, and has taken me to Barcelona and back at a reasonable 58+.... got my eyes on an I Q tho.. B)

My main gripe is the fiddly passenger seat, fortunately I don't carry passengers very often, the other thing is a safety issue, has anyone noticed how much of a blind spot the windscreen pillar/mirror mounting causes, especially looking left, I ride motorcycles regularly, so I'm not blind to them, but occasionally they fit exactly into this blind spot, and it is possible not to see them at first look, but I always do a second check. Other than that its fine, doing 50+ mpg just city driving, and has taken me to Barcelona and back at a reasonable 58+.... got my eyes on an I Q tho.. B)

I find the rear view blind spot caused by the rear pillars to be the worst. I find it can hide an entire car about the size of a Corsa.

I fancied an IQ until I discovered it did not carry a spare wheel. One reason I bought the Aygo was the full sized spare.

One reason I bought the Aygo was the full sized spare.

That many nails on the road where you live then?

I find the rear view blind spot caused by the rear pillars to be the worst. I find it can hide an entire car about the size of a Corsa.

I fancied an IQ until I discovered it did not carry a spare wheel. One reason I bought the Aygo was the full sized spare.

Look up "Ultraseal"

Used it in my Smart and my tubeless bikes. Good stuff.

A friend punctured a brand new bike tyre. We fitted Ultraseal after the puncture.

Sorted it out and he used the tyre until it was changed due to reaching the wear bars.

One of the few "magic" car accessories that works as stated.

Ian.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links