Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry Low Battery

OldSkoO1

Can anyone remember what you do to start the car with a low Battery / no Battery left in keyfob?

I think there is a process but i dont have my manual with me at the moment. That will teach me not to remove it from the car.

Also, i don't suppose there is any way to charge it back up, i assume i need toyota to fit me a new Battery?

2minute job to change the Battery I think is a cr3032 about £3 form Toyota, this is one of the jobs the dealer does on the 24month / 20k service. also please note when the Battery level gets low you always gives you 1 beep when leaving / locking the car. I know this as I wondered why our T180 started always beeping to us.

Process for starting car with a low Battery in key fob should be in your owners manual. I think you hold the key infront of the "start" button, with the toyota symbol facing the button, and press the start button.

Thanks all,

Will get the Battery sorted and yes that has reminded me about holding the fob in-front of the button now.

Can anyone remember what you do to start the car with a low battery / no battery left in keyfob?

I think there is a process but i dont have my manual with me at the moment. That will teach me not to remove it from the car.

Also, i don't suppose there is any way to charge it back up, i assume i need toyota to fit me a new battery?

Yes, the easiest way to change the Battery but there are lots of situations when you cannot.

I read in the manual, that if you touch the power on button with the toyota Badge on the "key" you can start the car.

Once I had to use this technique and it did work.

(I parked next to the station of a huge cable car. When I opened the door the (the engine was still on for cooling the turbo) the car started to beep and showed that the key is not detected. I couldn't close the doors with the buttons on the remote control just with the small key, fixed in the remote control. At the end of the day I returned to the car and I opened the door with small keys, I started the car with the mentioned technique. The car was beeping again, but when I went away from that place it was ok again. This happened half year ago and it is still working with the same Battery :lol: )

Thanks for this thread, Just happened to me,I have a JDM auris 150 X sports package with 4 wd,Auto,the key has just failed me,and because there is no manual with it I learn all I need from this forum,this being the latest.

Had this car for 18 months and this is the first problem,perhaps with it being JDM makes the difference as I have had non of the UK issues.

meant to add ,mine is a panasonic cr1632 3 volt cell.

Could you post some pictures and details about your 4wd Auris with 150hp? :o

I have never heard about this kind of Auris :huh:

Could you post some pictures and details about your 4wd Auris with 150hp? :o

I have never heard about this kind of Auris :huh:

150 relates to engine capacity, i.e. 1500cc not bhp,would be nice as the extra weight of the propshaft does reduce the bhp by about 4 compared to 2 wd,the rear legroom deck area is not flat as it accomodates the transmission tunnel,link to spec is ,

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/mod...car/?car=148643

If you still want photos I will hunt some out, Dunc

If you still want photos I will hunt some out, Dunc

Of course ;) :lol: Especially about the parts which are different from the european Auris :lol:

Back to batteries,Could not locate the particular Battery for my fob,cr1632,the only one available was a 3v cr1620,this was the same diameter but thinner,the new one fitted due to the batt. holders external clips seem to be spring loaded and so clamped the thinner Battery in position,it worked.Only thing is I expect it to last only half as long due to its lower capacity, Dunc.

Back to batteries,Could not locate the particular battery for my fob,cr1632,the only one available was a 3v cr1620,this was the same diameter but thinner,the new one fitted due to the batt. holders external clips seem to be spring loaded and so clamped the thinner battery in position,it worked.Only thing is I expect it to last only half as long due to its lower capacity, Dunc.

there you go http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trk...-All-Categories

Back to batteries,Could not locate the particular battery for my fob,cr1632,the only one available was a 3v cr1620,this was the same diameter but thinner,the new one fitted due to the batt. holders external clips seem to be spring loaded and so clamped the thinner battery in position,it worked.Only thing is I expect it to last only half as long due to its lower capacity, Dunc.

there you go http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trk...-All-Categories

Thanks Rick,will get some picked up next time I have a visitor in from the uk.

• 2 months later...
quick and simple question .....

how do you open the key fob so that you can replace the battery.... i cant seem to find a screw anywhere on the fob...

Hi,

remove the small key from the fob,once removed you will see a "slot", simply (but carefully) use key in the slot to prise the fob casing apart, replace the Battery and simply click the fob casing back,replace key and "Bobs" your uncle, sorted.

Best wishes

Paul

PS forgot to add (and following advice from Mr T) you need to replace batteries in BOTH fobs, and do it quickly (something to do with memory??).

Anyway, I did it and all is well.

On the price front, I was quoted £7 EACH from Mr T and got them off the internet.

how do you open the key fob so that you can replace the battery.... i cant seem to find a screw anywhere on the fob...

Hi,

remove the small key from the fob,once removed you will see a "slot", simply (but carefully) use key in the slot to prise the fob casing apart, replace the Battery and simply click the fob casing back,replace key and "Bobs" your uncle, sorted.

Best wishes

Paul

PS forgot to add (and following advice from Mr T) you need to replace batteries in BOTH fobs, and do it quickly (something to do with memory??).

On the price front, I was quoted £7 EACH from Mr T and got them off the internet.

Hi,

Best wishes

Paul

Hi,

Best wishes

Paul

Sorry guys, computer playing tricks, hence THREE replies!!

Apologies

Paul

2minute job to change the battery I think is a cr3032 about £3 form Toyota, this is one of the jobs the dealer does on the 24month / 20k service. also please note when the battery level gets low you always gives you 1 beep when leaving / locking the car. I know this as I wondered why our T180 started always beeping to us.

Thanks for the tip Rick, I thought my Auris was just saying goodbye!

I'll change the batteries asap.

• 10 years later...

My recent experience may be useful. Due to current Covid-19 situation the usage of my Toyota Auris Hybrid ( petrol engine and Battery engine) Weekender had become very limited.  This resulted in Battery charging being lower than discharge/use.  Recently my Car started alerting 'Key Battery low' and would disappear quickly.  Then I had a breakdown due to no charge in battery. Post Jump start, even after driving for a bit longer I was still seeing error 'Key Battery low' intermittently, I was still getting the same error message. This was even after removing the Car battery and trying to charge it at home only to see the battery had full charge.

Finally after googling for Toyota Auris 'Key Battery low', arrived at this page to realise that the Car Key Fob battery is low and nothing wrong with Car battery. This was also ascertained from the Car mar manual.

I have now changed the Car FOB Key Battery CR2032. My car problem is analysed and solved with no additional costs.

Since being cautious and having patience, I saved myself from a situation of loosing £ 50+ for a detailed diagnostic check and/or  £ 50 to £ 100 for changing the Car battery.

Dakshina Murthy