Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Hilux V Nissan Navara

Scotrmz

I am planning to change my oct 06 Navara Outlaw in the near future, covered 56K trouble free miles, however when looking at new, the Navara has not changed, only the model name and i dont want to look at the same dash for another three years.

I am looking at the Toyota Hilux 3.0 HL3 with free leather and auto.

Does anyone have experience of this change either way? Handling, MPG etc

Is there an alloy wheel upgrade, as standard 15" diameter looks small. The dealer has black in stock, any problems with this colour, as i have had silver for the last 10 years.

Thanks for any info.

I am planning to change my oct 06 Navara Outlaw in the near future, covered 56K trouble free miles, however when looking at new, the Navara has not changed, only the model name and i dont want to look at the same dash for another three years.

Is there an alloy wheel upgrade, as standard 15" diameter looks small. The dealer has black in stock, any problems with this colour, as i have had silver for the last 10 years.

Thanks for any info.

mine was a 57 in black with auto - mpg 23, 28 if you drive like miss daisy. Paint really soft. Jasxpear will tell you the same thing about paint. and yes 15" wheels are tiny :lol:

I have just returned a Hilux 3.0 Auto from a 24hour Demo, was impressed by new 5 speed auto, very smooth and responsive, not as grunty as Navara. Steering on Hilux is lighter, not a problem but different, brakes much better than Navara.

Hilux suspension is stiffer and does not step out and wobble as much as Navara. (When you hit a road drain on a corner the backend of Navara wobbles, if you know what i mean.)

MPG on Hilux motorway 34, mixed 31, assuming computer is accurate, normal driving, struggle to get 28 with Navara.

Spec. on Hilux missing auto lights and wipers, height adjustment on seat and heated mirrors, alloys are small and dealer advises Toyota will not upgrade to 17 on HL3. No load fixing system in bed.

I have not made my mind up as yet, both have positives and negatives.

I have just returned a Hilux 3.0 Auto from a 24hour Demo, was impressed by new 5 speed auto, very smooth and responsive, not as grunty as Navara. Steering on Hilux is lighter, not a problem but different, brakes much better than Navara.

Hilux suspension is stiffer and does not step out and wobble as much as Navara. (When you hit a road drain on a corner the backend of Navara wobbles, if you know what i mean.)

MPG on Hilux motorway 34, mixed 31, assuming computer is accurate, normal driving, struggle to get 28 with Navara.

Spec. on Hilux missing auto lights and wipers, height adjustment on seat and heated mirrors, alloys are small and dealer advises Toyota will not upgrade to 17 on HL3. No load fixing system in bed.

I have not made my mind up as yet, both have positives and negatives.

although you say the new mk6/7 have some small issues with the spec....they are a damn fine truck....however should you go for a navara they have issues with ride and mechanical probs... a friend had to replace the turbo on a brand new truck within 3 yrs.....

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for any info.

I had 06 Navara Se double cab and had too many problems such as, new drive shafts, 4x4 light and the pulley on the alternater falling off! So swapped it for 58 plate hilux HL3 and it is so much better than the navara. The ride is firmer and it doesn t roll and bounce as the nissan, it is alot quieter and smoother, build quality is better. Fuel economy is about the same at 28-31 mpg depending on how long the trip. Also is more comfortable in the back with better seats and more leg room. It sin t as quick off the mark as the old 06 navara but the new ones aren t the same power any more. Only thing with the hilux is the 15" wheels they do look small compared to the other pick ups! Black is not a bad colour as long as you don t scratch it.

• 3 weeks later...
Paint really soft. Jasxpear will tell you the same thing about paint.

Yeah the new paints are really soft and the dark colours show up tiny scratches worse than anything. Looks awesome polished up but hard to keep looking good.

And dont let the dealer valet it when you service it or you will end up with fine scratches everywhere!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links