Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connecting More Than One Phone With Bluetooth

Pam S

Got our T-spirit with leather upholstery on Saturday. Managed to get it home OK and spent rest of the day reading the instruction book and leaflets (reckon there are about 1,000 pages of instructions in English alone!) and then took it out for a long run the following day. Wonderful - wonderful! I love it. (Haven't yet tried IPA however - I'm in IT support, not sure I'll trust any computer to park my car!)

Happily connected my mobile phone and transferred the contacts perfectly and had no difficulty using the system to make a call on the road. BUT then tried to connect my husband's phone with very mixed results. It did connect and it was possible to use it, but it would not transfer the contacts - we tried several times and left it going for 20 minutes but with no success. It does nothing. I tried connecting another phone - similar results.

Any ideas anyone?

Got our T-spirit with leather upholstery on Saturday. Managed to get it home OK and spent rest of the day reading the instruction book and leaflets (reckon there are about 1,000 pages of instructions in English alone!) and then took it out for a long run the following day. Wonderful - wonderful! I love it. (Haven't yet tried IPA however - I'm in IT support, not sure I'll trust any computer to park my car!)

Happily connected my mobile phone and transferred the contacts perfectly and had no difficulty using the system to make a call on the road. BUT then tried to connect my husband's phone with very mixed results. It did connect and it was possible to use it, but it would not transfer the contacts - we tried several times and left it going for 20 minutes but with no success. It does nothing. I tried connecting another phone - similar results.

Any ideas anyone?

Hi Sorry but not all phones will work mine will not connect at all, had to swipe the wifes phone that works perfect but had to transfer phone book one by one

Hi Sorry but not all phones will work mine will not connect at all, had to swipe the wifes phone that works perfect but had to transfer phone book one by one

Mm was afraid that might be the case. I guess the one whose phone works gets to drive then - yay!

Pam S

My iPhone transferred all the contacts in one go. My works Nokia didn't. I think there's a list on an american forum if you google it

Any ideas anyone?

hi pam

i work for a dealer in west yorks, if i can remember ( month end and all that) i will post a web address which is a toyota based site and lists all the applicable phones for each model and bluetooth type.

hopefully before the weekend !!!! :D

i work for a dealer in west yorks, if i can remember ( month end and all that) i will post a web address which is a toyota based site and lists all the applicable phones for each model and bluetooth type.

That would be very helppful - thanks. Except that I'll still argue that she whose phone works gets to drive!

Pam S

That would be very helppful - thanks. Except that I'll still argue that she whose phone works gets to drive!

Pam S

AS PROMISED

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/Bluetooth/search.aspx

just work the drop downs and input relevant details (your navigation is av08 i think)

The list on the toyota web site is not exhaustive. I've also got a Gen3 T-S. The site doesn't list my Sony Ericsson K800i as being compatible, but in fact it works fine with full phone book functionality.

Pete

Hi my Gen 3 T Spirit totally ignores my Samsung G600 and yet Toyota says it works (it worked fine on my Gen2 T Spirit)

The list on the toyota web site is not exhaustive. I've also got a Gen3 T-S. The site doesn't list my Sony Ericsson K800i as being compatible, but in fact it works fine with full phone book functionality.

Pete

That's interesting - my original post was because my husband's K800i didn't have full functionality!

Pam S

Pete

That's interesting - my original post was because my husband's K800i didn't have full functionality!

Pam S

Pam, I've also connected an old Motorola L6. The system offers to upload its phonebook, but then fails to do so even after leaving it for a couple of hours. I blamed this on the age of the phone, but I wonder if the Prius will only upload a phone book from the first phone connected? The only other possible difference I can think of between you husband's K800i and mine is that I didn't like the Vodafone firmware on mine so I upgraded the phone to the latest version of the default Sony Ericsson firmware

Pete

Pam, I've also connected an old Motorola L6. The system offers to upload its phonebook, but then fails to do so even after leaving it for a couple of hours. I blamed this on the age of the phone, but I wonder if the Prius will only upload a phone book from the first phone connected? The only other possible difference I can think of between you husband's K800i and mine is that I didn't like the Vodafone firmware on mine so I upgraded the phone to the latest version of the default Sony Ericsson firmware

Pete

I've been wondering about that. Our K800i was never Vodafone and, I think, has the latest SE firmware. I suppose, in the interests of empirical study I should delete all the phones and try with his first. But I'm not inclined to!

Pam S

hi I waiting for my new TS prius and want to get a new phone in jan and wondered if any blackberry or iPhone 3gS is fully compatable ? and when you transfer your contacts (i have over 1000+ for work) will they be permantly stored in the cars memory ??

thx in advance