Sign in to follow this  
balli hi

Gardening Section

I'm quite partial to a bit of gardening, when I have the time at least. Last year I must've grown on about 300 plants from seed mainly for window boxes. hanging baskets and tubs. Wed don't really have a garden or anything like that mainly because my back garden is actually a small forest and at the front of my house well... It's more a mixture of tarmac, another foresty type bit and a sort of um, flat bit. O_o

Either way it's all a mess and me dad won't do anything about it because it'd be for me and me mam and he begrudges that, plus he'd rather live in a **** hole. Me mam an I though are too busy with work most of the time to even think about tidying everything up and sorting it out. I only ever managed to do the seeds last year bgecause I made meself have a few weeks of Sunday's off to actually do it. :unsure:

I haven't done any at all this year. We even got a bucketload of bulbs to plant months and months ago but we didn't have the time to do it. So long as me Bleeding Heart Plant comes out again this year like it did last, I'll be happy. ^_^

Hi :) Did your Bleeding Heart plant come back? I have one I got last year. Could I take cuttings off it and if so, when is the best time?

Nice looking lawn you have there :) Really puts my patch of clover with the odd blade of grass poking up to shame. I don't do much in my garden to be honest. Have a few shrubs which more or less look after themselves. Trying to keep a few currant bushes and a couple of new greengage trees alive. Apart from that I just go around deadheading and removing annoying brambles and ivy.

Nice looking lawn you have there :) Really puts my patch of clover with the odd blade of grass poking up to shame. I don't do much in my garden to be honest. Have a few shrubs which more or less look after themselves. Trying to keep a few currant bushes and a couple of new greengage trees alive. Apart from that I just go around deadheading and removing annoying brambles and ivy.

Hi

Thankyou, i have had to work hard on restoring my lawn to former glory this year, after the really harsh winter and all the wet weather, there were so many worm mounds which had left dead patches everywhere, i had to do a lot of re-seeding to repair the lawn, it was almost back to its best just before i went on holiday two weeks ago, i returned today and the grass is around 10 inches high, its bound to suffer after i mow it, being so tall, so the hard work will start again in earnest to try and restore it again, first step after mowing and a good watering will be to treat it with a good green up around 3 days after mowing and thereafter keep it short by mowing it at least once a week and watering it daily.

Hi :) Did your Bleeding Heart plant come back? I have one I got last year. Could I take cuttings off it and if so, when is the best time?

There are several ways to propagate bleeding heart plants.

* Bleeding Heart Seeds: you can sow the seed either in the ground or in seed trays. This is the preferred method if you require a lot of plants.

* Cuttings: take some cuttings in the spring when the plant starts to sprout or take of side shoots after the flowers have wilted away.

* Division: divide older, established plants while they are dormant. Replant them in the garden or grow them on in pots.

Really pleased with my Grape yield this year, i was fearing the worst after last years severe winter wondering whether or not my grape vine would survive, not only has it done so but its come back this year better than ever :yahoo:

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

016.jpg

So that's why you're good at Wine-ing :lol:

So that's why you're good at Wine-ing :lol:

:yes::lol::thumbsup:

I also wants this gardening, and I also want to experience it I want to know how to care for plants and flowers,I think that is exciting and interesting.

I also wants this gardening, and I also want to experience it I want to know how to care for plants and flowers,I think that is exciting and interesting.

I'll play a tune for you instead mate, its a lot less taxing :D

http://youtu.be/7RmyW9AQER4

Why does it not surprise me that you chose Deliverance, Squeal like a pig boy.... :eek:

As I stood in the pouring rain, shovel in hand in the dead of night I thought,

"This is a stupid time to be gardening."

Why does it not surprise me that you chose Deliverance, Squeal like a pig boy....

:wacko: :wacko: Your losing the plot mate :lol::thumbsup:

The band may be deliverance, but the clue is in the song title ;)

Why does it not surprise me that you chose Deliverance, Squeal like a pig boy....

:wacko: :wacko: Your losing the plot mate :lol::thumbsup:

The band may be deliverance, but the clue is in the song title ;)

Mine was funnier :lol: