Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Compressor Owner

chriscompressor

Hey guys, just got myself a 56 plate compressor and absolutely loving it :D

I have a few questions though;

What make is the supercharger? And how much oil does it take?

As far as i know 250 were built in the UK but how many were actually built in total? Within Europe?

Ive also been in touch with Klueber UK with regards to the supercharger oil and this is the response i got;

Dear Chris,

Thanks for coming back.

The supercharger oil is Klubersynth GH6-80 at £27.25 per litre

Lead time possibly 2 weeks.

This is not a standard package and will have to be obtained from the factory.

Unfortunately Toyota UK didn't want to take it on as a spare part and split a large container themselves to sell from Parts Depts.

Best regards,

Sandy Maclure

Mr. Sandy Maclure

Technical Consulting

Klüber Lubrication GB Ltd ,Hough Mills,Northowram, Halifax HX3 7BN

T: 01422 319147 direct F: 01422 207365, sandy.maclure@uk.klueber.com

Reg. No. 1056913 VAT: GB 183 47 22 54 UKLA Membership No.: 2060

www.klueber.com

“Lubrication Is Our World”

Im sure ill have plenty more questions along the way, but just saying 'hello' for now :D

chris.

When I asked TTE about this they told me..

Dear Andri,

According to my information we´ve produced 440 Euro 3 vehicles and 164 Euro 4 vehicles.

Kind regards,

Norbert Schäfer

Manager

Product Development & After Sales Service

Sales & Sports Conversion

Toyota Motorsport GmbH

Toyota Allee 7

D-50858 Köln

total 604 Compressors :)

Hey guys, just got myself a 56 plate compressor and absolutely loving it :D

I have a few questions though;

What make is the supercharger? And how much oil does it take?

As far as i know 250 were built in the UK but how many were actually built in total? Within Europe?

Ive also been in touch with Klueber UK with regards to the supercharger oil and this is the response i got;

Dear Chris,

Thanks for coming back.

The supercharger oil is Klubersynth GH6-80 at £27.25 per litre

Lead time possibly 2 weeks.

This is not a standard package and will have to be obtained from the factory.

Unfortunately Toyota UK didn't want to take it on as a spare part and split a large container themselves to sell from Parts Depts.

Best regards,

Sandy Maclure

Mr. Sandy Maclure

Technical Consulting

Klüber Lubrication GB Ltd ,Hough Mills,Northowram, Halifax HX3 7BN

T: 01422 319147 direct F: 01422 207365, sandy.maclure@uk.klueber.com

Reg. No. 1056913 VAT: GB 183 47 22 54 UKLA Membership No.: 2060

www.klueber.com

“Lubrication Is Our World”

Im sure ill have plenty more questions along the way, but just saying 'hello' for now :D

chris.

hi chris, the charger is a ogura tx12 don't now how much oil but charger has a dipstick so should be simple. :thumbsup:

Cheers for the info :D

What sort of mileage are you lot gettin out of a full tank?

Cheers for the info :D

What sort of mileage are you lot gettin out of a full tank?

well i went to north devon at the beginin of the month 300 miles had about a third of a tank in when i got there so was getting the 38 mpg at about 60mph that toyota quote! around town about 25mpg.but the gauge drops like a stone with only a third of a tank in :( cheers nick.

Yeah i noticed the guage seems to be dropping quickly lol. Probably me testing it out though. 300 miles per tank sounds more normal! :D

300 miles per tank? is there a wedge under your expensive pedal?? 230 tops, and thats motorway/A road driving! 200 if i wanna have fun.

300 miles per tank? is there a wedge under your expensive pedal?? 230 tops, and thats motorway/A road driving! 200 if i wanna have fun.

yeh, around town its crap take it on m/way keep it below 70mph and you can get 300 easy as i said m/side- north devon just over half tank used,well in mine anyway.

Ah, at less than 70 on a motorway i can believe the mpg. although it would take forever to get anywhere!!!

Ill have to test mine out over the next few weeks!! This tanks gonna be about 250 :wacko:

Ah,you better treat your dealer well, you'll be there quite alot! i have averaged around a visit every other month over the last 2 1/2 years

You had alot of problems? Just had my gearbox rebuilt and looks like i have a problem with the supercharger. only done 24k miles :wacko:

u should check out my fuel consumption.. im embrassed to say!!

problem with your sc?? wats wrong with it ???

well i have i spare one.. so give me a shout if your in need?!

What MPG u returning?

Griding noise from the supercharger and pulley. Still just within warranty fortunately so ill see what the dealer says when they take it in next week. :crybaby:

i havent calc the mpg but i travel about 40 mile everyday (city driving) and takes up a 1/4 of tank! i feel when i drive normally it drinks more! maybs it just me ..lol bare in mind iv got the sp conversion!

sorry to hear that dude! if i were you i wouldnt drive her because if its grinding under throttles there high probability that the debris that breaks within the sc will be pushed into your engine!! and if that happens you wont be looking at a new sc but more like a new engine/car!

hopefully youll get it fix under warrunty sooner rather than later

Chris, They don't call my car triggers broom for nothing! the chassis is four years old but thats about it!!!

3x front brake discs and pads, 6 downpipes and cats, 2 sets of rear discs and pads, 2 sets or handbrake shoes, 2 ecu's majority of the engine wiring replaced, plus a few more bits besides....oh and its going in on monday for a new exhaust manifold......

Like i said, get to know your dealer well!

What MPG u returning?

Griding noise from the supercharger and pulley. Still just within warranty fortunately so ill see what the dealer says when they take it in next week. :crybaby:

i havent calc the mpg but i travel about 40 mile everyday (city driving) and takes up a 1/4 of tank! i feel when i drive normally it drinks more! maybs it just me ..lol bare in mind iv got the sp conversion!

sorry to hear that dude! if i were you i wouldnt drive her because if its grinding under throttles there high probability that the debris that breaks within the sc will be pushed into your engine!! and if that happens you wont be looking at a new sc but more like a new engine/car!

hopefully youll get it fix under warrunty sooner rather than later

I asked the dealer that and they said just drive it gently.

Chris, They don't call my car triggers broom for nothing! the chassis is four years old but thats about it!!!

3x front brake discs and pads, 6 downpipes and cats, 2 sets of rear discs and pads, 2 sets or handbrake shoes, 2 ecu's majority of the engine wiring replaced, plus a few more bits besides....oh and its going in on monday for a new exhaust manifold......

Like i said, get to know your dealer well!

Hope mine proves to be a litle more reliable!! Still on the original exhaust, discs, pads, rear tyres so hopefully it'll all be sorted soon and continue to behave :)

WOW, this thread is a major advert for "Not buying a Compressor" it just doesn't seem worth the hastle for a measly 25 bhp more, IMO of course.

Had my T-Sport 3 yrs and apart from the servicing, its never been in a garage, that would just take the joy out of driving for me ..

Never had a problem with mine, had it for a year and did over 15k in it. It doesn't matter what make/model you buy, someone will always get the "Friday afternoon" car!!

Had mine from new 38000 miles now, great car the only problem was with the exhaust.Once i had the pre-cat taken off the car was much better,But I only get about 280 miles to the tank.

Hoover

Good to hear some more possitive experiences. Mines now at Toyota and ive been given a Yaris. 45mpg for a few days :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links