Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Writing To Toyota About Slider Pins

farhanali89

i know many of us are suffering from this problem and im really frustrated and worried. Do you think we should all put a letter in and right to toyota GB? i know alot of us are having slider pin troubles and it was a fault from the manufacture so why should we dish out and pay for something as such. My slider pins are fine for now but i have the trouble of drivers side when i lift the latch up the seat doesnt slide forward. However i can slide it forward normally. In a few years say the seat tottaly fails etc and we have to struggle to get replacements! Let me know in this thread and we will get writing!

In:

farhanali89

Jamiects

johnmaher

jase88

laa69

wrighty208

h13rnc

bridges

jock fran

aaronjp1990

mr t sport

tonkit

eddieinvader

nrgizerbunny

borodaz

t-sport

-ish

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• farhanali89

• borodaz

• Jase88

• eddieinvader

i know many of us are suffering from this problem and im really frustrated and worried. Do you think we should all put a letter in and right to toyota GB? i know alot of us are having slider pin troubles and it was a fault from the manufacture so why should we dish out and pay for something as such. My slider pins are fine for now but i have the trouble of drivers side when i lift the latch up the seat doesnt slide forward. However i can slide it forward normally. In a few years say the seat tottaly fails etc and we have to struggle to get replacements! Let me know in this thread and we will get writing!

i agree, my drivers seat does tilt but no slide and refuse to pay £300 when its a common fault

if my passanger seat does it i wouldnt be happy as its an inconveniance.

need to get as many people as poss to sign and agree see what can be done

I'm in - in fact I just wrote a post about it a couple hours ago - both seats now only tilt via the lever on the side of the seat - they do both slide via the lever under the seat.

Are their 2 different issues here?

1. Will not slide at all

2. Will not slide via side lever but will via lever under seat?

I'm number 2!

well glad this is coming along, right problems could be either of the two......mine is currently at number 2. will not slide via side leveer but will with the underseat lever.

I know what would come next so want this issue resolved. We shouldnt be paying for this. Lets get some more names in and then get a letter going. Anyone know who would be best to contact toyota gb headoffice or something

^^spray wd40 on your seat, I remember 2 months ago the seat wouldnt budge forward i was like NOOOOOOO because it was in a position so far back because my buddy drove the car. Luckily with a bit of convincing it moved forward. Straight after i got some grease that a guy in toyota left in my car it was for garages etc aswell. Sprayed that on the rails and it went smooth after a few moves. But im still worried you never know with these dodgy seats. As said for the mean time spray them!

I whacked some silicon spray on it (nearly a whole bottle)

hasnt really improved things... i now get the passenger to let people in if need be :D

Farhan -Hows it going? Long time no chat... Dont want to make you feel worse, but mine got replaced/repaired 6 times in 2 yrs. Lucky for me car was under warranty!

Cheers

H :thumbsup:

yes heran hows it going, not bad bro not bad, Thats alright well i havent suffered yet but i dont want this problem to happen ever at a later date. Is there a sure fix to this or will it just be the same thing.......anyone know the exact route cause so it can be rectified and notified to toyota on how to have a permanent solution?

My seats have never slid forward with just the lever on the side - but I think this is something that might have changed with different years, because it says in my owners manual to use the normal slide adjuster bar to aid access into the back. What do other peoples' say?

The passenger seat does seem to be a bit reluctant to move sometimes so I might take it out and have a look.

what would be best, a single letter with all our details on written by one person on here or we all write our own??

Im thinking of this to as somethign in my mind says if we all right individual letters they might think its one person sending it out on different names. Seeing as this is toc...if we get a few more people in we can get this going. Im sure if a good 15-20 of us put pen to paper toyota will take the matter more seriously. With someones help i can start writing a letter or pm me for email add and we can get cracking on over msn.

Im in, as you probably aware it happened to both seats in my pre facelift and im sure my passenger seat is on its way out on my facelift

My pin has completely snapped and the Teeth on the right hand side cannot be moved out of the holes.

Therefore... I can't move my seat at all, unless I take it out and use a screwdriver to pry the spring down. haha.

Viva La Letter!

i can tilt my seat and slide forward but not back, is that normal? I rarely use the back seats but if its not supposed to do that stick me down.

if so many drivers seats seem not to move when the latch is lifted are they supposed to. mine is the same passengers seat will drivers seat wont without using the one under the seat.

Count me in! Passenger side is at no 2, drivers side fine.

I agree more letters would be better then just 1, maybe write up a template that we just copy and change a few personal details, then all post to same address?

Could even make a sticky post with the letter template and address so that anyone in the future that views the thread can send their own letter :thumbsup: