Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Writing To Toyota About Slider Pins

farhanali89

defo right agree with tonkit i will start cracking on and updating list. obviously we want toyota to receive these all together any more people in? lets keep rolling the more people the better

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• farhanali89

• johnmaher

• Jase88

• eddieinvader

I'll add my name to that too. My drivers side seat won't budge.

When I mentioned it to my mate who I bought the car from, he said that it had always been like that since he bought it from new. He just thought that the seat wasn't supposed to move forward!

Gaz

Sliders in my T2 are beyond ****** too, drivers doesn't slide forward as you all have said, and the passgners wont click into place so if someone moves it forwards, then i accelerate away, they go shooting backwards.

they should move its a near safety feature issue....how you meant to get people out the back in an accident etc???? how do you know when the seat will go keep em coming guys im working on letter.

When I mentioned it to my mate who I bought the car from, he said that it had always been like that since he bought it from new. He just thought that the seat wasn't supposed to move forward!

Gaz

this is a valid point if the drivers seat was like this from new is it supposed to move.

has anyones drivers seat ever moved? apart from using the slider under the seat.

Sliders in my T2 are beyond ****** too, drivers doesn't slide forward as you all have said, and the passgners wont click into place so if someone moves it forwards, then i accelerate away, they go shooting backwards.

Simples as said by alexander meerkat slide it all the way back before you pull away. :lol:

Gaz

this is a valid point if the drivers seat was like this from new is it supposed to move.

has anyones drivers seat ever moved? apart from using the slider under the seat.

my drivers side is fine its the passenger side that wont slide without using the slider under the seat.

Both driver and passenger seats slide as normal using the handle at the moment (facelift compressor), however, with ideas of starting a family soon this could be a major issue for me should it go wrong!!!

Add me to the list too!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi put me in for this aswel, my passenger seat is starting to go. I am thinking about getting the pins and doing it myself. Has anyone else done this at all?

"I'm in" - my driver's seat slides on lever underneath but not on the higher side release. Passenger side functions as expected. Good point raised on if this is by design or not, as another friend who previously owned a Yaris believed it was, but some of you still have both seats working so assuming this design hasn't changed.... :huh:

surely if they was a safety issue for example "if we had a crash and p[eople were in the back but couldnt get out due to the seat not moving" as someone has mentioned earlier then would they have to do something about it ?

or is it a case of we own the car we have to pay to keep it safe etc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter F here,,,

my left slider pin has snapped off my driver seat.. on examination it's clear it was manufactured from crap materials

• 3 months later...
Hi Peter F here,,,

my left slider pin has snapped off my driver seat.. on examination it's clear it was manufactured from crap materials

Hi, did you guys get anywhere writing to them, when mine went I stripped it out and the pin had snapped and there was excessive wear on the little orange plastic retainer which is what probably caused the pin to snap

Would think there could be a little piece of engineered fix for this that is just a bolt in.

Ta

Den

i never got down to writing to them, we could bring this back up. i think toyota are more occupied with the recall. I will take some time up and do a draft and post it up.

or we could let kingo know about this thread maybe he can work with toyota on a solution for it.....im sure it wont be a dear fix if they can weld a strong pin or something on. it is a safety aspect afterall......in case of an accident how are the rear passengers meant to get out the car quickly.

damn that sucks....mine have not broken yet...i noticed they stared to go all hard to move back and fourth, read the horror stories so got under the seat and sprayed alot of WD40 slid the seat about a bit so most of them metal could get lubricated and since then mine work much more smooth. My driver side however does not tilt forward when you go to let someone in the back. I have heard it shoudl slide forward.

my passenger seat was broke the day i bought it in 2007, brought it straight back to the lad/garage i bought it from and he had me bring it to toyota as it was still under warrenty. they fixed it and did a great job.

6 months later the driver side went, it was stuck in the full forward position so i couldnt drive it unless i was 4ft tall.

called toyota and they sent someone out to ment it and i brought it in to toyota garage next day, they fixed the drivers side very poorly i must say, iam not at all happy with it, the pins mustnt be lining up properly and when you move the seat one side clips in ok but you have to bounce in the seat to get it to click in the other side, hope that wasnt too confusion, but anyway, iam afraid that bouncing in the seat will cause it to break again :(

aw now, whos after taking that in a dirty sense, this is a serious matter :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links