Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Tv , Lcd Or Plasma

balli hi

3D TV

These are modern LCD (LED) or plasma screens with electronics able to display 3D pictures. There are two types of 3D technology: passive and active. The former utilises screens with a polarised filter, combined with lightweight, cheap plastic glasses, much like those used at the cinema. The latter, meanwhile, creates a 3D effect by synchronising fast-shuttering glasses with the screen using IR (infrared) transmitters. Sources of 3D currently include 3D Blu-ray players and Sky's 3D TV channel.

Read more:

http://www.techradar.com/news/world-of-tech/future-tech/first-look-at-sky+-3d-495808

http://www.techradar.com/news/television/hdtv/best-tv-2010-top-rated-tvs-revealed-707583#ixzz194LsWR8N

http://3dradar.techradar.com/3d-tech/depth-truth-about-3d-blu-ray-05-07-2010

I'm waiting for holographic TV, that would finally put paid to Vic :lol:

:lol: :lol2: :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

:crybaby: I'd just like to be able to watch tv without any interference....

since our local station has been broadcasting digital and analogue from the same transmitter we can't get either without any problems....

so it doesn't really matter what tv I buy... :crybaby:

Not quite on topic but I fancy a bit of extra sound from my TV, as in surround sound. I would also like to plug in my ipod/iphone to play tunes whilst I'm doing the ironing :lol:

Being a complete nob in this area of technology, what would be required and has anybody done similar?

kingo :thumbsup:

Fortunatley I have a TV :lol: I just want some sort of an add on for better sound whilst bopping round the ironing board

Sad, moi? how very dare you :lol:

samsung_ht_c453n_xeu.jpg

Technical specifications

Brand: Samsung

Total RMS power output: 500 watts

Hard drive:

DTS Digital Surround Sound:

Dolby Pro Logic II:

Dolby Pro Logic:

Dolby Digital: 5.1

DVD audio compatible playback:

DVD-R compatible playback:

DVD-RW compatible playback:

DVD+R compatible playback:

DVD+RW compatible playback:

DVD-RAM playback:

VCD compatible playback:

SACD playback:

CD compatible playback:

CDR compatible playback:

CDRW compatible playback:

MP3 CD compatible playback:

MPEG playback:

JPEG CD playback:

DivX playback:

WMA playback:

Scart sockets: 1

Optical connections: 1

S-Video output:

Component video output:

Composite video output:

Digital Coaxial Output: 0

Digital Coaxial Input: 0

Phono Input: 0

Phono Output: 0

RGB scart socket: 0

HDMI connections: 1

Integrated Dolby Digital 5.1 Decoder:

Progressive Scan Playback:

FM/AM RDS/EON digital tuner with radio station presets:

FM/AM radio tuner:

Speakers Included: 0

Independant bass and treble controls:

Supports Interactive Disc Features:

Clock Feature:

Spring slip speaker terminals:

Basic speaker cable included:

Test mode for easy set-up:

Headphone socket:

Remote control included:

AA batteries for remote control are included:

On screen menus for easy set-up:

1080p HDMI Upscaling

Viera Link Compatibility

HDMI upscaling

Digital amplifier for crystal clear sound

Basic composite video cable included

1 USB connection(s)

5.1 channel audio outputs

AM/FM loop antenna included

1 main socket(s) required

16/0.4watts :in use/powered-down power consumption

2 No. of Tall-Boy Speakers

1 1.3 HDMI connection(s)

Touch sensitive controls

5.1 DVD Home Cinema System

Some useful and informative info given on here. As for 3D, i would wait at least a year to see if they become popular and see how the technology advances. As for choices, i would say buy the best you can afford, as if you buy cheap and nasty, you end up paying twice.

:crybaby: I'd just like to be able to watch tv without any interference....

since our local station has been broadcasting digital and analogue from the same transmitter we can't get either without any problems....

so it doesn't really matter what tv I buy... :crybaby:

If you buy one of the TV's i've highlighted in my post just before Christmas you'll have the best of both worlds , you will have to fit a Satelite dish of course but this can be done cheaply for under £50 if you do it yourself , all you need is a dish , decent cable and a sat finder , you'll be up and running in no time at all , check out Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_18?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=satellite+dish+kit&sprefix=satellite+dish+kit sat dish kit plus Konig Sat Finder all in for just £39.10 .

PS

make sure you buy a kit that comes with f-connectors and self amalgamating tape for water proofing the connections on the LNB, a quad LNB is a must in my oppinion cos it allows you to connect up to 3 more additional tv's to the one LNB , however if you decide to add a Freesat receiver with Built in Hard Drive for Pause, Rewind, and Record Live TV. such as the Humax 500GB Humax Foxsat HD PVR HD-R then 2 of the terminals will be used up on the LNB , you can use Single cable for this but usually twin or (GUN) cable is used .

So to get my iPhone to play choones I will need some sort of kit (as above) I already have a DVD player which will be redundant then? and replace it with a DVD that has iPhone connection, am I on the right lines?

Kingo :thumbsup:

Not quite on topic but I fancy a bit of extra sound from my TV, as in surround sound. I would also like to plug in my ipod/iphone to play tunes whilst I'm doing the ironing :lol:

Being a complete nob in this area of technology, what would be required and has anybody done similar?

kingo :thumbsup:

Kingo check out the avforums http://www.avforums.com/ for your answer i have'nt been on there for a while but my user name is the same as on here , there are quite a few technical geeks on there and you'll get all the info you need , there's quite often a difference of oppinion of course but i'm sure you'll get the answer you require , you'll have to join to post a question by the way :thumbsup: .

As far as surround sound is concerned personally i prefer a seperate AV Amp and surround sound speaker set up as opposed to the ones that come in kit form , i'm not saying that the all in kit ones are no good i'm sure that they are , but for me seperates are the way to go :thumbsup: .

Thanks BH, cant check that out just now, the ruddy site is blocked by our network, but cheers for the info

So to get my iPhone to play choones I will need some sort of kit (as above) I already have a DVD player which will be redundant then? and replace it with a DVD that has iPhone connection, am I on the right lines?

No , you can purchase an app :thumbsup:

Bh, thanks for that... We actually went to Tesco over the weekend and bought a freesat hd box, we already had a dish on the house.

We got it home, plugged it in, it did the self tune, brilliant picture, and guess what, all of a sudden our freeview picture has improved 100 pct as well!

We now seem to have the best of both worlds, hd bbc1, bbc hd, itv1 hd thru the dish plus a few others, and the normal freeview channels...

Maybe later in the year we'll change the TV and get it all in one box... Depends on the quality of the programming really.... 'cos it doesn't matter how good the picture/reception, if the programms are cr*p......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links