Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interested To See Wirings Of Rear Lights

Speed_Chaser

Hello! I'd like to see wirings of rear lights. There's a connector and I am interested to see in which order and to which holes of the connector are the wires connected.

I'd really appreciate if someone could post two pics, one from both sides (as there's fog light and a reverse light on the other side, so the wirings are different). If you post, please mention which pic is from reverse light's side and which is from fog light's side.

Here's the connector. It is easy to unplug by pressing with a screwdriver or your nail on that part which is marked with an arrow on the picture below:

36743cce9d37.jpg

Best regards, Alex

Unplug the connector (left or right tail lamp), you can see nine pins

Their significations are like this:

- for the left tail lamp: 5 is the ground

4 - parking light

3 - brake

8 - left signal indicator

7 - rear fog lamp

6 - reverse lamp

- for the right lamp: 5 - ground (minus)

6 - parking

7 - brake

1 - right signal

4 - reverse

These are for TMC production models. For TMUK, TMMT models, at the left lamp no.6 is not connected.

Anyway, before you make any modification, check the connections with a voltmeter. Good luck!

Unplug the connector (left or right tail lamp) , you can see nine holes, and count them from the left to right. Their significations are like this:

4 - parking light

3 - brake

7 - rear fog lamp

6 - reverse lamp

6 - parking

7 - brake

1 - right signal

4 - reverse

These are for TMC production models. For TMUK, TMMT models, at the left lamp no.6 is not connected.

Anyway, before you make any modification, check the connections with a voltmeter. Good luck!

Big thanks to you tavy, that was really helpful. Now the question which raised up after reading your answer: why is there a possibility to connect reverse light on both sides? I thought there should be place for reverse only in one connector, and in other connector only one fog light. But seems like there's a place for reverse wire on both connectors :o

Best regards, Alex

Welcome, Alex.

Maybe in other countries is compulsory having two reverse lamps and fog lamps is fitted separately. I don't know exactly, it's a supposition.

Yea I think that's the only reasonable answer. At first I thought maybe it's because left hand and right hand drive countries, but then there should be connectors for fog lights on both sides too... But that's not important really :)

Best regards, Alex

• 1 year later...

ah, finally same topic i am after. anyone knows if the we can buy the white connector & its protector? dont understand why toyota will do such a cheap stuff!!

• 1 year later...

Hi, am I right to say then that there is a spare reverse light wire on the RHD on the uk models? If so how can I tap into this? I need this to power the reverse camera. Would a T-tap work?

Yeah mate that is true. T-tap, strip and solder... Everything will work. Just take into account that the wire is quite thin.

• 3 years later...

Which colour wire is for reverse light and which wire is for ground? Looking to wire reverse camera. 

Which colour wire is for reverse light and which wire is for ground? Looking to wire reverse camera. 

Here are colour codes for non-UK model.

Left lamp:

Yellow - blinker

Light blue - fog light (on UK model this one is on the right I guess)

Red - reverse

Green - parking light

Blue - brake

Right lamp:

Light blue - blinker

Red - reverse

Green - parking light

Blue - brake

Hi speedchaser, thanks for the reply. I have a uk model 2007 toyota auris but your answer still matches the colours of the wires on my car. 

• 4 months later...
On 2-10-2009 at 8:49 PM, tavy said:

Unplug the connector (left or right tail lamp), you can see nine pins

Their significations are like this:

4 - parking light

3 - brake

7 - rear fog lamp

6 - reverse lamp

6 - parking

7 - brake

1 - right signal

4 - reverse

Pleas can you upload the picture        

"Unplug the connector (left or right tail lamp), you can see nine pins

Their significations"

agen, i need it.

And can i find a hub for this connector?

Thank you

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

These wire colours are just what I'm looking for...can someone confirm what colour the common is please? 

You should be able to identify that easily once you take the light assembly off. 

• 4 years later...
On 2/22/2017 at 6:17 AM, tavy said:

tail lamp.JPG

Is there a part number for this, mine is broken