Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Decat Possible? Anyone Used A Safc ?

Big_g

Is it possible to cut the cat out of a CTS without the EML coming on? Any way to fool it? Also ,has anyone used a SAFC or VAFC on a CTS? I can get a safc off a mate for mucho cheap but do they like it? Is there any point? Surely the fuelling and crossover could be adjusted slightly to get power and drivability up?

safc is pretty useless in the ts, that guys running one but you would see better results from a camcon, less hassle to install and tune with. decats are generally a no no. Our stock cat is very efficient and the best replacement without engine light troubles etc would be a sports cat.

So does no one run decatted? That must be a major restriction surely due to emission regulations on the age of car. Wonder if spacing the post sensor would stop the light coming on?

the way the 2zz-ge is designed it is very powerful from stock. Nearly all components are of high quality anyway so squeezing power out of things like decats and some bolt ons is hard. A decat would help and you could get dummy sensors but you could also lose power from a decat on our car aswell, someone posted a while back may be worth searching on the forums as it was mentioned how decatting the car could lose power

Basically, no one has any proper proof of the pro's and cons? If i can find a second mid-pipe i'll do it and see what happens. Might get it dyno'd before and after as i know the local 1 kinda well (hence getting the SAFC set up easy ect.)

i could get you proper proof but ill put my word down on it, if there was any noticable gain from it id say go ahead and do it. It would be better to put your money into a decent cat back and decat the car if you want to. Get a camcon in to do the settings. People have tried all the other systems available it will end up costing you more!

If everything was so simple everyone would buy the greddy vmanage which greddy state will control toyota's vvtli. However use of one of those still doesnt allow you the full tuning capability that you need and also makes o ur engine light friend come on. Toyota's ecu is a bugger it adapts to basic adjustments but for the power you need standalone engine management or for slight power gains a camcon.

It says in the fitting guide for camcon it wont adjust VVTLI just the VVTI :unsure: Just need to keep telling myself not to mod this car then,save the money and build something else lol.

camcon wont adjust vvtli but it is the first piggy back that can control VVTi on our cars. We can adjust the VVT in our car which sort of dummys the signal to the vvt senders which allows us to adjust the a/f setting and change the cam angles. Camcon can see more gains because it will work with the ecu, the safc will practically be fighting with the ecu lol. it doesnt have a key tool that you need aswell and that is vvti tuning.

Is it possible to cut the cat out of a CTS without the EML coming on? Any way to fool it? Also ,has anyone used a SAFC or VAFC on a CTS? I can get a safc off a mate for mucho cheap but do they like it? Is there any point? Surely the fuelling and crossover could be adjusted slightly to get power and drivability up?

alternatively, when my precat started to pack in i decided to buy a 200 cell sports cat and with the fear the engine light would come on i also bought a oxygen sensor cap. the theory behind this was it skews the co2 reading to make the ecu think the cat is doing its job. Never fitted so not sure it worked but i know ckman had one(might be worth giving him a pm). Just bear in mind our ecu are self learning and will adjust air fuel mixture.. so may find you are running lean/rich as a result of fitting! if recommend farhans option of a piggy back to be safe.

Its lying in my glove compartment if your interested.. let me know?

IMO the decat isnt worth the hassle.. there are no real gains to be had and lot of potential problems!