Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bleeding Brakes

msprince

There are so many different ways to bleed brakes, but im a apprentice mechanic (3rd year) and this is the way i do it.

Start on the caliper furthest away from the brake fluid resevoir as this has the most fluid in it then go diagonal.

Get a friend to jump in the vehicle and pump the brake pedal, tell your friend to hold the pedal down then open the bleed nipple once all the fluid has come out close the nipple, pump pedal and repeat a couple of times, meanwhile check there is enough fluid in the brake fluid reservoir.

If you need anymore advise give me a shout.

There are so many different ways to bleed brakes, but im a apprentice mechanic (3rd year) and this is the way i do it.

Start on the caliper furthest away from the brake fluid resevoir as this has the most fluid in it then go diagonal.

Get a friend to jump in the vehicle and pump the brake pedal, tell your friend to hold the pedal down then open the bleed nipple once all the fluid has come out close the nipple, pump pedal and repeat a couple of times, meanwhile check there is enough fluid in the brake fluid reservoir.

Why go diagonal?? start with the longest brake line then work your way in order to finally stop at the shortest brake line.

Why go diagonal?? start with the longest brake line then work your way in order to finally stop at the shortest brake line.

Just the way i got taught, but the diagonal calipers are on the same brake fluid line, everyone does it differently. I find it works.