Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlights?

SooZ

Trying to remember if we ever came to a consensus on why the headlights (in auto) dont turn off till the door is opened? *scratches head :g:

Trying to remember if we ever came to a consensus on why the headlights (in auto) dont turn off till the door is opened? *scratches head :g:

No idea, but yes, it's very annoying. Sometimes I wonder what the Japanese technicians were thinking, when they designed the electric system for the iQ. For instance, the position and handling of the radio, the interior lightning, the non-automatic retractable mirrors, to name some.

Sometimes I wonder what the xxx technicians were thinking, when they designed the electric system for the iQ. For instance, the position and handling of the radio, the interior lightning, the non-automatic retractable mirrors, to name some.

I fully agree, but the marketing staff likes to cheat us too :crybaby:

I have just got used to turning them off from auto then back to auto while sitting in the car after turning the engine off, that way they go out and you dont have to open the door in the rain, plus they come back on automatically afterwards. No great hardship really, takes a few seconds.

I have just got used to turning them off from auto then back to auto while sitting in the car after turning the engine off, that way they go out and you dont have to open the door in the rain, plus they come back on automatically afterwards. No great hardship really, takes a few seconds.

Still, a pain, same as the retractable mirrors. If you want all that, you'll need a checklist after you shut down the engine. Are the lights off and position back to auto? Are the mirros retracted and the button back to the off position? Is my wife outside and the door closed? Is the dog still in the car? and so on.

This cannot be be the meaning of the best thought-thru car of the world.

For the lights, why not a "follow-me-home" option, I wonder if there is a after-market solution for that?

Ruud

Still, a pain, same as the retractable mirrors. If you want all that, you'll need a checklist after you shut down the engine. Are the lights off and position back to auto? Are the mirros retracted and the button back to the off position? Is my wife outside and the door closed? Is the dog still in the car? and so on.

This cannot be be the meaning of the best thought-thru car of the world.

For the lights, why not a "follow-me-home" option, I wonder if there is a after-market solution for that?

Ruud

I only turn the lights of from auto when sat in the ferry queue waiting to get to work in the morning, as for the mirrors even in my Jag you had to press a button to get them to retract etc... not such a big deal really, its a matter of seconds to lean forward and press a button lol.

Check lists?? Life is far too short for that sort of stuff, there are far more important things to be concerned with in this world other than is my mirror switch in the right position..... you know stuff like have I got enough beers in the fridge, the lads are coming around tonight to watch the footie, has the Missus got enough washing up liquid etc....

The headlight thing in a tunnel I can understand, or sitting in a queue and switching them from auto when u dont need them is ok.

but staying on till the door is opened makes no sense on any level whatsoever. - staying on for say 20 seconds after you get out the car and lock up would be more like it, for garages etc.

I might be missing something here but a few years ago I had a Peugeot 406 with automatic headlights. Trouble was that if you stalled the engine the lights would go out and not reset. Interesting and not much fun if you stalled half way out of a junction in the dark. Maybe that's why the IQ lights stay on for a little while after the engine is cut?

I might be missing something here but a few years ago I had a Peugeot 406 with automatic headlights. Trouble was that if you stalled the engine the lights would go out and not reset. Interesting and not much fun if you stalled half way out of a junction in the dark. Maybe that's why the IQ lights stay on for a little while after the engine is cut?

aye, that kinda makes sense, nice one Mr Grumpy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links