Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Sat Nav?

lxmanager

Hi, this is my first post and in need of help.

I have just bought a 2006 Toyota Avensis D 4D Spirit and up to now have been very pleased with it but have a couple of queries.

First off when I saw the car advertised, the advert indicated that the car had Sat Nav built in, but cannot find it??. It has a standard CD, radio, cassette player and a Multi-information display but no sat nav. I have also seen loads of other cars with this multi-information display being advertised with sat nav and also somewhere seen a picture of this display unit set up as the sat nav. Having read the owners manual in the glove box it does not mention sat navs at all?? Have I missed a trick some somewhere or is this advertising just a ploy by the garages to get you to buy the car??

Also the car was advertised as having automatic headlights (i.e. set to come on automatically when dark), but again cannot find how to activate this command (if it is true), again the owners manual does not mention it.

Your help will be most appreciated,

don't know about your sat nav question (I would have assumed that a T-spirit had sat nav but there were 2 types afaik used on the Avensis T25 depending upon how old your car is) but on my 2007 Avensis the auto headlight is a simple setting on the lights stalk - it goes off, sidelights, headlights & then the last forward rotated position is auto.

I have an 05 T spirit and it definitely has Sat nav but no auto headlights , the manual itself doesent mention sat nav its a seperate manual that comes with it . have you got a picture of your dash and I can let you know if it has or not .

I have just bought a 2006 Toyota Avensis D 4D Spirit and up to now have been very pleased with it but have a couple of queries.

First off when I saw the car advertised, the advert indicated that the car had Sat Nav built in, but cannot find it??. It has a standard CD, radio, cassette player and a Multi-information display but no sat nav. I have also seen loads of other cars with this multi-information display being advertised with sat nav and also somewhere seen a picture of this display unit set up as the sat nav. Having read the owners manual in the glove box it does not mention sat navs at all?? Have I missed a trick some somewhere or is this advertising just a ploy by the garages to get you to buy the car??

Also the car was advertised as having automatic headlights (i.e. set to come on automatically when dark), but again cannot find how to activate this command (if it is true), again the owners manual does not mention it.

Take it back with a copy of the advert that described it, to the person who presented the advert, and ask for a demonstration of the facilities described. If the car proves not to have the facilities, then I believe you are in a position to ask for a refund (or at least a significant reduction in price) on the grounds that the vehicle is not as described.

I believe that satnav on the Avensis is an optional extra so it is not necessarily present on every Avensis - it would depend on whether the original owner specified the option.

I am a bit shocked that you are asking these questions only now. Checking that the goods are as advertised is one of the things that you should do as a matter of course before handing over your cash. Caveat emptor and all that.

Easiest way to check if you have sat-nav is look under the front passenger seat and there should be a dvd player . no dvd =no sat nav , take it back like advised . :( :(

Do you have a button on the radio/multi information unit that says 'Trip' on it? if so, toggle the trip button until you get a screen for the Sat nav (Toyota Navigation, if it has one). Then press the 'ent' (enter) button.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links