Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is Your Corolla Compressor Lacking Power This Might Help

monj

ECU fuel map reset procedure for EURO 4 vehicles only(Twin catalytic converters on exhaust downpipe)

Phenomenon/Symptom:

The corolla compressor requires the use of 98 Octane petrol. This fuel is MANDATORY and if any engine damage is caused due to engine pinking etc.,warranty will NOT cover the subsequent cost of repairs.

If the vehicle is run on a fuel with an octane value of less than this then the following symptoms may occur:

ENGINE PINKING

LACK OF PERFORMANCE

INCORRECT FUEL ECONOMY

INTERNAL ENGINE DAMAGE

Cause of phenomenon:

The vehicle ECU has 2 internal software maps

Map 1- The ecu uses map 1 when the correct 98 octane is used.In this condition the vehicle functions correctly.

Map 2- If incorrect grade octane fuel is used the engine may switch to map 2 to try and prevent internal engine damage.The engine may pink badly and produce less power.

Field fix:

please carry out the following procedure to ensure the ecu is using the correct mapping for 98 octane fuel:

Switch on ignition,do not start engine.

Then for 40 seconds apply full throttle(do not start engine).

Start the engine the engine mapping should now be correct for 98 octane fuel.

I hope this info might help some people

Few more things when You Guys have Ecu reset:

P.S.: the ECU has a learning function to "learn" fuel quality and mechanic tolerances. You won't gain full HP before the learning process is finished.

To finish it, drive in a low gear in the area of ~4000 rpm, ~6000 rpm and ~8000 rpm, each for 30 seconds in total (you can break and continue if necessary until 30 seconds are done in total). No need to accelerate, just drive with constant speed.

Make sure there is 100% fuel with 98 octane in the tank, not even a little mixture of 95 and 98 octane.

Hmmm to reset mine i was told to press the throttle to the floor, turn the ignition to pre-start, and hold the throttle down for 30 seconds. the engine management light flashes four times, then your back up to full hp. always works for me, in my experience it comes back from services in low power mode, i can always tell this as it struggles past 7.5K. once i do the ignition thingy it revs freely again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links