Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Cd/tuner

IrwingBronze

Hi All,

My Avensis has Single CD/Tuner Model NO W53905.

Does anyone have any diagrams / photo's showing output sockets etc on this model.

Regards

quote name='IrwingBronze' date='Oct 6 2009, 10:17 PM' post='935424']

Hi All,

My Avensis has Single CD/Tuner Model NO W53905.

Does anyone have any diagrams / photo's showing output sockets etc on this model.

Regards

Well no replies ,so have had a go myself.

Here are a few photo's showing how to remove the CD Head Unit ,apologies for quality of shots taken off my phonepost-83806-1255205378_thumb.jpgpost-83806-1255205925_thumb.jpg[

Photo 1 & 2 shows how to remove the trim that covers the top screws holding the head unit ,open the glove box and carefully lift the trim starting at the end underneath the air - vent,you will have to remove the electrical plug to the immobiliser l.e.d. at the other end and move it out of harms reach.

Photo 3 post-83806-1255206986_thumb.jpg

Next unscrew gear lever knob and square chrome trim that covers the gear lever gaiter staples,then gently lift trim from the back of the gear lever ,again you will have to disconnect the lighter plug socket.Move trim away.

You will now see 4 10mm bolts -2 top -2 bottom remove these but be careful that the top two dont drop , I used a magnetic pick-up tool.(Photo4) post-83806-1255208349_thumb.jpg

The whole unit will now pull forward several plugs including the aerial lead will have to be disconnected to completely remove the unit.

post-83806-1255207341_thumb.jpgpost-83806-1255207389_thumb.jpg[]post-83806-1255208684_thumb.jpg

Photo 5 & 6 shows rear of unit ,yes there is a spare outlet its the second from the right , but there is nothing to tell me what it is .

Does anyone else know? ,my search continues.

Regards

I can't help you but thanks very much for the Head unit removal pictures, I'm going to change mine as soon as I get around to it. :D

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=102848

Hi

You do not have to remove the chrome gaiter surround, all you do is grip under where the gaiter is attached and lift up, the whole surround lifts straight out.

No point removing something that does not need removed.

Regards

Hi

You do not have to remove the chrome gaiter surround, all you do is grip under where the gaiter is attached and lift up, the whole surround lifts straight out.

No point removing something that does not need removed.

Regards

Thanks for the clarification Garvensis , mine is an automatic so I'm hoping it's the same. I've been too busy with other stuff to get round to it yet.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links