Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaking Brakes - Brand New Car

Lloydy 25

Brakes squeak at low speeds. Is this normal or acceptable? I had this problem on an older car, but didn't expect it on a new car.

Brakes squeak at low speeds. Is this normal or acceptable? I had this problem on an older car, but didn't expect it on a new car.

Look, my friend. I ve driven 8 cars in my life time. Some from brand new, and some second hand. Just because brakes "squeak" there is no need for a cause for alarm. Most of the time you have to "bed" them in, or its how the brake pads come into contact with the brake discs.

Here is a link to show what the common causes on brakes pads/disc squeaks. lol

http://www.ehow.com/how_4552152_fix-cars-squeaky-brakes.html

I know about squeaky brakes as I have a bike, and the same thing applies. It depends on the "angle of the dangle" :rolleyes: er I mean how the pads sit in contact with the discs.

He was only asking !

See how hey go, if i continues get the garage you bought it from to look at them. I've driven more cars then AygoIronMan has so am in a far better position to help you with advice ( :P :P )

Regards

Andy

Sometimes mine squeek, sometimes they don't.

They do however stop me every time I need them to.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine did this for the first few weeks when i got my new Aygo.

After bedding them in they were fine, and have been since. (going on 8 months now)