Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jdm Auris 150x S Pack 4wd

DuncToGo

Pics,as requested,has a 4wd icon on the dash,never seen it light up, data says its AWD rather than just optional 4 WD,centre console has an auto switch, which has dash indication of being "on",what this does I do not know due to being of Japanese origin there is no manual and non available translated.Comments on this welcome.

Roadholding is excellent,I run in the auto position,visibly no differences to euro version,except in build quality,have had none of the complaints common to this forum, Dunc.

post-70132-1255067590_thumb.jpg

post-70132-1255067604_thumb.jpg

post-70132-1255067619_thumb.jpg

post-70132-1255067638_thumb.jpg

post-70132-1255067667_thumb.jpg

Thanks :) It is awsome. Those Japanese Toyota badges are so beautiful. :thumbsup::toast:

I checked the link you posted about the car. 1NZ-FE engine and CVT transmission. I love it :drool:

Could you post some pictures about the interior? :drool: Please

Those Japanese Toyota badges are so beautiful. :thumbsup::toast:

I just put one on my TR today... :D

4vms8k.jpg

I might look about getting one for the back too...

that Badge is wonderfull!!

where did you find it??and what is the cost??

that badge is wonderfull!!

where did you find it??and what is the cost??

You can buy it from any Toyota Dealer afaik.. It's called the "Netz" Badge. The product number's on the forum somewhere.

It cost £23. It only took 2 days to get to me.

i hope to be easy to get fitted!!anyway!!

thanks a lot!!

i hope to be easy to get fitted!!anyway!!

thanks a lot!!

It's not the easiest to fit. You have to undo the top of the bumper, and the grill.. and kinda 'bend' it forward a little so you can clip the old one out.

Netz are the retailing arm in Japan for Toyota.

Pics,as requested,has a 4wd icon on the dash,never seen it light up, data says its AWD rather than just optional 4 WD,centre console has an auto switch, which has dash indication of being "on",what this does I do not know due to being of Japanese origin there is no manual and non available translated.Comments on this welcome.

Roadholding is excellent,I run in the auto position,visibly no differences to euro version,except in build quality,have had none of the complaints common to this forum, Dunc.

From experience on nissans and hondas, this is my comment.

Japan domestic market used to have ( and i think it still does!) a rule which required every automaker to provide a 4WD option of every car they make ( This is to allow customers who lived in snowy regions to have a suitable vehicle which they did not require to continuosly fit snow chains or change tyres regularly) , so because of this you can find Nissan Micra's in Japan with 4 WD etc ( in this case it is an electric assist motor driving the rear wheels when the FR slip) etc etc ...

I am guessing you have one of these specification, and what you will have is an auto AWD, that is that the car will have a viscous coupling to the RR and when the car detetcs slip on the Front wheels in relation to the RR wheels, it will engage the coupling and transmit some of the drive to the RR wheels. ( working very much like the Honda CRV, HRV, Nissan Xtrails and Qashqais work... )

The Auto Switch will just disconnect this function. you might want to do this during the summer, or when you are driving spiritedly, and you want a bit of "slip" form the front wheels etc, also every time it engages it will reduce the efficiency of the powetrain and use more petrol...

So congratulations on having quite a unique specced car... love the white colour also...

From experience on nissans and hondas, this is my comment.

Japan domestic market used to have ( and i think it still does!) a rule which required every automaker to provide a 4WD option of every car they make ( This is to allow customers who lived in snowy regions to have a suitable vehicle which they did not require to continuosly fit snow chains or change tyres regularly) , so because of this you can find Nissan Micra's in Japan with 4 WD etc ( in this case it is an electric assist motor driving the rear wheels when the FR slip) etc etc ...

I am guessing you have one of these specification, and what you will have is an auto AWD, that is that the car will have a viscous coupling to the RR and when the car detetcs slip on the Front wheels in relation to the RR wheels, it will engage the coupling and transmit some of the drive to the RR wheels. ( working very much like the Honda CRV, HRV, Nissan Xtrails and Qashqais work... )

The Auto Switch will just disconnect this function. you might want to do this during the summer, or when you are driving spiritedly, and you want a bit of "slip" form the front wheels etc, also every time it engages it will reduce the efficiency of the powetrain and use more petrol...

So congratulations on having quite a unique specced car... love the white colour also...

thanks for the reply,most helpful and by far the best explanation I have seen,I have noticed over here that some JDM vehicles such as suzuki swifts with 4wd(my next door neighbour has one)your comments have really clarified that part which to me always seemed odd.

When I got the car I was just told"keep it in auto all the time"as the summers are dry and most of the recent winters its as I said never been seen with the 4wd icon lit up in the dash display,so I believe its not engaged.Will have to wait for a wet day and take it out and see what happens,thanks again more knowledgeable about what I drive now.

Due to change it next year, I will be looking for the same spec but a 180g model,this develops 147bhp and I think I little more lively .. ;) Dunc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links