Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr2 Project

glen_neilson

hi guys,i was a regular forum user while i owned my celica ( was midnight purple) some of you may remember it. anyway,that is now gone and i took on a new project,my step dads mr2 which had sat for 2 years.

its a 1990 t bar turbo with 70k

the front bumper was off,both wings were dented and it wouldnt start, also the usual mouldy interior etc etc

ive been busy over the last few months trying to get it back on the road

list of jobs done by myself and the bodyshop

full respray in mitshubishi black

front wings repaired and indicators removed

front bumper and splitter repaired

new dizzy cap,rotor arm and king lead

new spark plugs

new boost sensor

drilled and grooved disks and new pads

calipers serviced

replaced space saver

replaced washer jets ( the silver glow up ones were embarasing)

replaced under bonet plastic cover

wheels refurbed and sprayed in ancrithite with chrome lip

painted wiper arms

painted calipers

replaced big end bearings with uprated ones ( there was a slight rattle from the bottom end)

removed and smoothed ariel

fitted new steering wheel and gear knob

alternator needs refurbed ( still trying to get someone to do it)

mods which i know about

hks boost controller

turbo timer

hks fcd

s/s exhaust make unknown

dump valve blitz

body kit

2 roof scoops

induction kit

ive added a few before pics,and some during the work,and one of the wheels.

any ideas are welcome,cheers guys

post-17941-1255100100_thumb.jpg

post-17941-1255100150_thumb.jpg

post-17941-1255100201_thumb.jpg

post-17941-1255100218.jpg

post-17941-1255100278_thumb.jpg

post-17941-1255100309_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
any ideas are welcome,cheers guys

What sort of "ideas" are you looking for?

• 1 month later...

ill go and have a look just now,also poss looking for a new engine so ill see if any1 on there has any ideas on where to get one.

• 2 weeks later...
ill go and have a look just now,also poss looking for a new engine so ill see if any1 on there has any ideas on where to get one.

I've bought 3 wrecked turbo MR2s - thankfully some folk don't master the cornering ability so front end them leaving me with a source of engines and parts for my 2 MR2 powered RAV4s. You're welcome to get in touch/have a look at the RAVs...not that you'd likely want one but one of the engines is tuned up pretty well for what has been a fairly small budget. Many of the wrecked MR2 turbos are low mileage imports where you could gather more parts - but be careful as I did buy one from a chap who had stripped many of the sensors and stuff from the car before I picked it up. It seems to be cheaper to buy the whole car than buy a 3SGTE engine alone!!!

I've bought 3 wrecked turbo MR2s - thankfully some folk don't master the cornering ability so front end them leaving me with a source of engines and parts for my 2 MR2 powered RAV4s. You're welcome to get in touch/have a look at the RAVs...not that you'd likely want one but one of the engines is tuned up pretty well for what has been a fairly small budget. Many of the wrecked MR2 turbos are low mileage imports where you could gather more parts - but be careful as I did buy one from a chap who had stripped many of the sensors and stuff from the car before I picked it up. It seems to be cheaper to buy the whole car than buy a 3SGTE engine alone!!!

ill need to get over and see what bits you have left,im going to need to change most of the hoses on the engine as someone has chopped a lot of them and done some dogey repairs. im definately after some decent power on a smallish budget. how much did you spend on your engine?

ill need to get over and see what bits you have left,im going to need to change most of the hoses on the engine as someone has chopped a lot of them and done some dogey repairs. im definately after some decent power on a smallish budget. how much did you spend on your engine?

bought the last engine for £600 -and then its had a stage 3 turbo for about £600 and an apexi power fc I got for 500. Charge intercooler came off a Celica and got it cheap...and its radiators off a Fiat. Exhaust is custom made. Engine itself is pretty much stock tho forged pistons will come along soon.

Cars a beast mate! But I do think the spoiler ruins it. The car is sleek and stealthy in black, the spoiler just doesn't follow the lines as it should...

But it's your car and your choice, just thought I'd mention it. :)

Cars a beast mate! But I do think the spoiler ruins it. The car is sleek and stealthy in black, the spoiler just doesn't follow the lines as it should...

the spoiler came on the car and theres so much needing done engine wise that and bodywork changes will be a good while away :(

• 2 weeks later...

the spoiler came on the car and theres so much needing done engine wise that and bodywork changes will be a good while away :(

I did it the same way here so can't complain. :)

It works out because if you sort out the engine first then you don't end up knackering a nice body accidentally while messing around with the engine. Good luck with it mate, will be a stunning ride when she's finished. :yes::thumbsup: