Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq2 Brake Pedal Creep

bink

You should consider legal action against your DEALER instead of Toyota.

Your dealer is a total ...................... :jawdrop:

He risked willingly yours and other ones lives and didn't even bother to have a look?.......................... :mad2: post his name al over the web if he does not make this up big time. (and of cousrse write Toyota in your country and in Japan..........the'll probably tell him something he will remember)

• 3 weeks later...
Do all IQs brake pedal creep while stopped on hill: I noticed in stop start traffic on a slight hill that the brakes on my IQ would only hold the car still for approx 20 seconds, making me push the brake pedal further until car stops. This process continues until the pedal hits the floor (It then holds the car).

I would be interested to know if your IQ DOES or DOESN'T do this.

Thanks in advance.

The car went into a Toyota dealer and they said that they all do that. Toyota uk also agree. I am not so sure, thats why I would like to hear from people who have not got this problem!!!

Could any IQ2 owners please try this on their car. Stop on a hill using your foot brake. Hold your foot in the same position for 60 seconds. Does your car start to roll (without depressing your foot any further)

Please let me know what your car does.

Thanks

Update 17 November 2009

After Mr T testing car and saying that there was no fault. I spoke to the man who tested it he retested it and they have now found a fault. The master cylinder needed to be replaced. They also found a fault with handbrake. They emailed me to ask when I would like it repaired. I refused and rejected the car and after a lot of verbal abuse from Toyota Customer Relations (8 weeks worth) I have a FULL refund from them and will NEVER buy into this abuse again. Such a shame I have an Avensis 10 years old (brilliant car). Did have IQ2 (brilliant car). Customer relations CRA*

Thank you all for your help.

What a pity you have had such a bad experience due to what must be a very uncommon, but possibly dangerous fault.

Touch wood, mine has been a little star,and as someone else said "one of the best cars I have ever owned" although when I first bought it I would not have thought I would ever say that. Most definitely I would now!

All the best for good luck with your next car, and thanks for the update.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone else experienced this?

Our iQ GRMN had a very firm + responsive brake pedal up until last week (4600 kms) when it all of a sudden went VERY soft and began exhibiting the symptoms listed by bink.

As a former technician, I would definitely say it is a failure of some sealed component (Master cylinder, VSC actuator, etc) in the brake system. Or a bunch of air.

The dealer called us saying they personally felt that the pedal felt fine, but will be replacing the master cylinder under warranty because there have been reports of this occuring on other iQ models.

Anyone else? How was this diagnosed?

Brake creep

Hi, I have been aware of this since Bink raised the issue. I too have brake creep but I have not, as yet, raised it with Toyota. Stopping has not been a problem; to date I have not had to brake hard over a long distance e.g. from high speed on a motorway. Normal braking less than 60 mph works fine, if I hold on a hill start without using the handbrake the brake pedal will depress to the floor (very slowly), as I always use the handbrake this has not been an issue. There appears to be no loss of brake fluid. I can only deduce from this there is a problem with the seals in the master cylinder. The pedal doesnt appear soft. My concern is that it maybe questioned when the car has its first MOT and its outside the warranty. Car - IQ1 - September 2009 1500 miles.

There are some vehicles that exhibit a low or soft pedal normally due to the characteristics of the brake booster, but the thing that struck me as very odd was the sudden change in ours.

We have tracked the car but the brakes never got up to a temp to boil the fluid, and the symptom didn't occur until 1000 kms after the event.

Brake creep

Hi, I have been aware of this since Bink raised the issue. I too have brake creep but I have not, as yet, raised it with Toyota. Stopping has not been a problem; to date I have not had to brake hard over a long distance e.g. from high speed on a motorway. Normal braking less than 60 mph works fine, if I hold on a hill start without using the handbrake the brake pedal will depress to the floor (very slowly), as I always use the handbrake this has not been an issue. There appears to be no loss of brake fluid. I can only deduce from this there is a problem with the seals in the master cylinder. The pedal doesn’t appear “soft”. My concern is that it maybe questioned when the car has its first MOT and it’s outside the warranty. Car - IQ1 - September 2009 – 1500 miles.

I really think you should get this checked out, especially as Toyota seem to be aware of some cars with faulty master cylinders.

Don't wait for the MOT!

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer swapped out our M/C with a new one.

Pedal feels fine now. Just as it was before the previous one failed.

The technician said that the one they put in had a new (different) part number, so I think we are good to go.

I have a 200 mile road trip coming up soon, I'll let yall know if anything changes.