Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Had Mot - 3 X T180 Tyres Needed!

sywy

Where does it tell you which tyre is 'low pressure'? I had a puncture over 2 years ago, and can only remember the warning light coming on. I know there were definitely no messages, as I had to look in the handbook what the warning light meant. That was before it lost all pressure, when you can definitely feel that you have a flat!!

It doesn't tell you which tyre is flat you have to check the pressures on all the tyres. If you get a flat on the front you can normally feel it through the steering it will go heavy and you just have to check the rears.

not on the dash it doesn't but on IT2(my toyota diag tool i work for a main dealer) it does!!ie the light comes on you check the tyre pressures low and behold they are all fine!!!!!you go to toyota and they tell you the n/s/r valve is faulty how do we know because the valves are coded to each corner!!!!!either that or we replace all 4 at the cost of about 50 each plus labour plus vat!!

cheers davrav for the support mate at least you know how they work but heres a small piece from the link he put up

Registration of Toyota TPMS ID's

When the TPMS system is fitted at the factory the unique ID numbers of the TPM sensors have to be registered along with their position on the car with the tire pressure monitor ECU. This is also the case if any of the system components are subsequently changed e.g. in the event of rotating the tires, changing sensors, replacing the ECU etc. This process requires the activation of the TPMS sensor using low frequency radio and the capture of the UHF data transmitted. This data includes the TPMS ID, the pressure and temperature. In the plants the activation is carried out using large antenna systems on the production line but in the dealerships and tire shops hand tools are used. These tools can also be used to check the TPMS for faults prior to disassembly. If a TPM sensor or its position on the car is changed without re-registering the IDs then the TPMS warning light will turn on and stay on until the ID's are reregistered.

to tsport 51 check out the italic part. :toast::yahoo:

The id number has to be programmed into the ecu but the wheels are not coded into each corner. As a toyota runflat fitter i know as i have moved wheels from there origanal positions and the warning light has not come on.

aaahhhaaa but the warning light coming on is not instant can take up to 20mins to come on i have the bullitin all about this at work i'll see if i can scan and post if not i'll take pics of snap shot data of the it2.

you a tec for toyota???

yeah i am am a toyota tech

i'll post up the bullitin number tomorrow and you can look it up but i'll take snap shots of it2 tomorrow showing the valves programed to each corner.

Not being a T180 owner, or a Toyota tech but a regular reader of posts, all I can add, from what I have seen, is that the value of the whole TPMS/runflat getup seems to be OVERINFLATED :unsure:

i'll post up the bullitin number tomorrow and you can look it up but i'll take snap shots of it2 tomorrow showing the valves programed to each corner.

the valve codes are just labled on it2 as ID1, ID2, ID3, and ID4. i have had to strip all 4 wheels down before to find faulty valves the ID numbers don't relate 2 a corner of the vehicle

the valve codes are just labled on it2 as ID1, ID2, ID3, and ID4. i have had to strip all 4 wheels down before to find faulty valves the ID numbers don't relate 2 a corner of the vehicle

i'll just scan/take pictures of the bullitin tomorrow that would be easyer.could sit here all night but i have to take my pup out a run.

That would deffinitely be the case if the wheels had been swopped around before the vehicle came to you.

HI all

A few months ago the tpms light started flashing on & off on my t180 indicating a fault & not a flat

I took it to mr T how pluged in his box of tricks and promply replied your off side rear valve is knacked

which means Ormi gets my vote :D :D :D

chears eanjohn glad you got it sorted,the thing is common sense tells you they are coded to corners or you couldn't pin point faults unless removing tyres which costs a lot of money.

to tsport51 think you better go back on the course about runflats or atleast read the tec note as you could be costing people money....

well heres snippets of the said note as promised.

p1310091806f.jpg

p1310091123.jpg

p1310091807.jpg

p131009180701.jpg

i will now take a bow. :toast::toast::yahoo::yahoo:

chears eanjohn glad you got it sorted,the thing is common sense tells you they are coded to corners or you couldn't pin point faults unless removing tyres which costs a lot of money.

to tsport51 think you better go back on the course about runflats or atleast read the tec note as you could be costing people money....

well heres snippets of the said note as promised.

p1310091806f.jpg

p1310091123.jpg

p1310091807.jpg

p131009180701.jpg

i will now take a bow. :toast::toast::yahoo::yahoo:

Howdo Ormi,

Take two bows, mate....excellent and much required posting,

Big Kev :thumbsup:

thanks mate. :thumbsup: someone said toyota wouldn't remove the bands which is probably correct but its not just toyota that have the tyre machine to get them off phone around all your local tyre fitters.(just remember tell them to watch the valve ie dont brake the bead close to the valve)

thanks mate. :thumbsup: someone said toyota wouldn't remove the bands which is probably correct but its not just toyota that have the tyre machine to get them off phone around all your local tyre fitters.(just remember tell them to watch the valve ie dont brake the bead close to the valve)

ok so maybe i was wrong but that is what i was told. well played hats off to you. i will find that bulletin so that i can work out which valve is which

no problem mate the ref number for the bulitin is cp-0106r

or go to totss look up techdoc manual for the rav 4 index suspension & axle-tyre & wheel-tyre pressure warning system-registration

or you can just use the search button use registration as the key word.

no problem mate the ref number for the bulitin is cp-0106r

or go to totss look up techdoc manual for the rav 4 index suspension & axle-tyre & wheel-tyre pressure warning system-registration

or you can just use the search button use registration as the key word.

just to add i hate the damn things they are 1 of the worst things toyota/bridgestone invented. Will get the bulletin tomorrow at work

yip i agree i agree but i'm lucky our work dont have whats needed to do the tyres on these!!they go else where!! :thumbsup:

yip i agree i agree but i'm lucky our work dont have whats needed to do the tyres on these!!they go else where!! :thumbsup:

i'm unlucky as i have 5 dealerships that i have to change runflats for.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm in the same position with my T180 and have found some run flat's by Kumho ( Korean, but seem to get some decent reviews and fitted as OEM on some bmw's) slightly different profile, 245/50 R18 so was wondering if anyone has tried any different profile tyres ? I'd even change the rims to use these as they're the strengthed sidewall runflats.

Regards

Paul

Hi,

I'm in the same position with my T180 and have found some run flat's by Kumho ( Korean, but seem to get some decent reviews and fitted as OEM on some bmw's) slightly different profile, 245/50 R18 so was wondering if anyone has tried any different profile tyres ? I'd even change the rims to use these as they're the strengthed sidewall runflats.

Regards

Paul

those tyres wont fit your t180 wheels unless you remove the support ring sytem,

I was told by a very good tyre shop owner that the inside of the tyre bead is not flat enough to seat the

support ring,

Having said that if you fit the reinforced side wall runflats you should have no problem

dumping the support rings.......let us know how you get on if you go with the kumho.

Or you could fit some genuine Toyota Standard 17" alloys and tyres and I just so happen to know where there is a set!!!

I've still haven't sorted mine out yet!! Was thinking whether stiff wall RFT's was viable. Let me know if you do it.

What's happening with you Anch? I haven't been around much recently. Have I missed something? Have you changed your wheels? And I've notice talk of you getting a blue XTR?

I've still haven't sorted mine out yet!! Was thinking whether stiff wall RFT's was viable. Let me know if you do it.

What's happening with you Anch? I haven't been around much recently. Have I missed something? Have you changed your wheels? And I've notice talk of you getting a blue XTR?

I've now heard of several people that have just had the support rings removed and fitted standard tyres. If I were going to do anything with the standard 18" wheels it would be that - just move to conventional.

I did ponder on a new XTR but when I look out of the window and see mine sitting there all paid for and just levelling out of it's depreciation nose dive I go all possesive with my money - especially when the salesman has tried treating me like an idiot!

I'll sit tight for now.

I have some wheels for sale, that is what my comment was based on but they are standard 17" genuine Toyota. Have a quick look in the "for sale" section.

Cheers Sy