Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noise From Offside Rear Wheel When Reversing

mintor

Hi all for the last few months have add noise in drivers side rear wheel sounds like handbrake shoes catching, cant see any thing wrong in drum, seams to go after short drive, handbrake cables or shoes

I think you will find there is a build up of rust on the rear discs which is causing the pads to rattle inside the caliper. Try just easing your foot on the brake next time an see if it stops. It is usually cured with new discs and pads but occasionally you have to change a caliper because the pad abutments get worn by the pads rattling around.

• 2 weeks later...
I think you will find there is a build up of rust on the rear discs which is causing the pads to rattle inside the caliper. Try just easing your foot on the brake next time an see if it stops. It is usually cured with new discs and pads but occasionally you have to change a caliper because the pad abutments get worn by the pads rattling around.

add rear brakes apart today seem ok only thing ther is no rattle spring on any side could this be problem

It won't help but look at the contact point between the pad and the caliper abutment. If it is worn, you really need new pads and calipers and if the discs are worn change those too. You can get identical calipers to OE from a good motor factor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links