Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Am I Missing Something....

Danny_TTE_compressor

Got given an IQ2 as a courtesy car, and i have to say i dont get it!

Its really well made, really small, 3 seats, dog slow, and 10,000 very hard to earn pounds.

I dont get who it's aimed at.....

Me and my girlfriend are both 24, we would have no use for it on the grounds that its more expensive than my girlfiends ka, has less space and is slower.

My mum, she thinks it looks a little silly and so would'nt drive it, and asked me where the rest of it was for 10k....

My neighbour loved it (she's 50 ish) really wants one.....untill i told her it was 10k, she again laughed and said she would rather get a full size car for less.

Now i dont want to go slagging off a great car, but it is just so niche! who needs a 3/4 seat car smaller than an aygo and a load more expensive....

in fact i'm sure you can get a mini for the same money....

What am i missing about this car?

I love it, but I have a Yaris as I need space in the back for groceries and bits and pieces. I also like the Aygo but again, I not much space (for me) in the boot. When I go away I like space for my belongings. The Yaris seems to swallow up bags and shopping with ease.

I agree with the iQ being over priced.

the car is aim'd at people who want a really well built small car with all the extras of a big car and more.slow is some thing its not for what it is(1lrt 3 cylinder) all the other cars the same size with the same engine its faster(remember they love to be rev'd)if its the 1.33 its got 100bhp doesnt sound like much but even a 1.6 street ka hasnt got that and that will shock a few at the lights!!also might be smaller than a aygo but its bigger inside.

but agree with above pointless post.

Got given an IQ2 as a courtesy car, and i have to say i dont get it!

Its really well made, really small, 3 seats, dog slow, and 10,000 very hard to earn pounds.

I dont get who it's aimed at.....

Me and my girlfriend are both 24, we would have no use for it on the grounds that its more expensive than my girlfiends ka, has less space and is slower.

My mum, she thinks it looks a little silly and so would'nt drive it, and asked me where the rest of it was for 10k....

My neighbour loved it (she's 50 ish) really wants one.....untill i told her it was 10k, she again laughed and said she would rather get a full size car for less.

Now i dont want to go slagging off a great car, but it is just so niche! who needs a 3/4 seat car smaller than an aygo and a load more expensive....

in fact i'm sure you can get a mini for the same money....

What am i missing about this car?

Talk about putting your head in the lions mouth with your pointless post :rolleyes:............I hope you are wearing your flameproof suit :P ;) :lol:

i dunno im not criticising him or her for posting it but its just really pointless i mean he or she has stated that its "its really well made", "small" and a "great car" which essentially its a city car if he/she bothered to do any research and granted the looks might not suit everyone but which car does? obviously im going to give a biased opinion but yet again i must say you've answered your own questions so just stick to your quick ford ka and give reviews on that

i dunno im not criticising him or her for posting it but its just really pointless i mean he or she has stated that its "its really well made", "small" and a "great car" which essentially its a city car if he/she bothered to do any research and granted the looks might not suit everyone but which car does? obviously im going to give a biased opinion but yet again i must say you've answered your own questions so just stick to your quick ford ka and give reviews on that

not much to review on the ka

hardly any trim inside

the engine is out the arc(very rattly and noisey)

the ride is brutal

handle's like a p&o ferrie

love to rust

slower than a week in jail with big bubba as your room mate

road tax is worth more than the car

worth a few pennys in scrap and even less selling private.

:yahoo::yahoo:

seems like the car just ain't for you bud. as for me, well..... love at first sight kind of thing. the style/design, the green-icity, the economy, the reliability, the size, the quality build components, the "extras" as standard...i could go on. yes, it's a bit pricey but that's the point. it's not a budget cheapo car. price was the last thing i considered when i went for the iq.

seems like the car just ain't for you bud. as for me, well..... love at first sight kind of thing. the style/design, the green-icity, the economy, the reliability, the size, the quality build components, the "extras" as standard...i could go on. yes, it's a bit pricey but that's the point. it's not a budget cheapo car. price was the last thing i considered when i went for the iq.

Same for me. Price was last on the list of things to look out for. It fits my use PERFECTLY. i normally drive myself only 90% of the time and 10% with 2 passengers. I wanted a short car that was great at parking, good economy on fuel, seats 3 people (so cant buy a smart) is fully of extras and looks stylish. Wonder what car fits that wish list...

Why buy X car??? You can have this argument with any car on the market though. I would say the same for 4x4 vechicles for the town, others will say why buy this that and the other.

Oh yeah, the trabant is now back! Now thats what i calll..... WHY!!!!!

You could always post in the more interesting informative educational less pointless out of the ordinary threads on here, like 'er... counting down from a 1,000,000 to 1, or that exceptional Three Word Story or the extraordinary Word Association Thread or even start an Un-Happy Birthday post and annoy everyone on here! :thumbsup:

Well i'm glad you cleared up my query, The IQ is clearly ment for people who want a car 99% of the world dont like in order to spend night after night defending by making daft claims to people who have driven the car and no the IQ's secret - Its pointless.

To quote just a few daft claims....

"No road tax - end of" - not really you dont have to pay road tax for a bicycle - fancy using one as transport in winter.......

"smaller than an aygo but bigger inside" - interesting, IQ's can defy the laws of physics - an aygo seats 4, the iq 3 and a bit........

"great fuel economy" - fiesta econetic -80mpg, Corsa ecoflex -74mpg and the IQ averages what.....50?????

Come on, just admit it, you bought the wrong car! there's nothing to be ashamed of....i'm sure you could sell it to some other unsuspecting soul.

Go part exchange it for something that children don't point and laugh at!

Well i'm glad you cleared up my query, The IQ is clearly ment for people who want a car 99% of the world dont like in order to spend night after night defending by making daft claims to people who have driven the car and no the IQ's secret - Its pointless.

To quote just a few daft claims....

"No road tax - end of" - not really you dont have to pay road tax for a bicycle - fancy using one as transport in winter.......

"smaller than an aygo but bigger inside" - interesting, IQ's can defy the laws of physics - an aygo seats 4, the iq 3 and a bit........

"great fuel economy" - fiesta econetic -80mpg, Corsa ecoflex -74mpg and the IQ averages what.....50?????

Come on, just admit it, you bought the wrong car! there's nothing to be ashamed of....i'm sure you could sell it to some other unsuspecting soul.

Go part exchange it for something that children don't point and laugh at!

smaller than an aygo but bigger inside" - interesting, IQ's can defy the laws of physics - an aygo seats 4, the iq 3 and a bit........

before trying to be smart and i mean trying research the car first ,due to the way the gearbox/steering rack etc is put on the car it free's up space ie engine bay is smaller their for more room inside also the way the dash is made that frees up more room inside.their is more ccm in a iq than a aygo

also you use the wrong cars to compair too no where does it say its the best on fuel!!!!people said good on fuel 50mpg is good!i get 21mpg in the lex's! come on tell me what extras you get with the named cars??electric windows,sat nav??sorry sir no ok how about aircon em that'll be a no again sir.

i do not own one and i do not want too (i have a lexus is200 and a celica gt 2005) BUT i really like them and are a hoot to drive.and we're selling lots of them(no i'm not a salesman i'm a tec)

as for the bike comment i would rather use a bike than an old ka

i think this is flameguy that was on here before lol,

the ford ka website is that way bub ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

lol

i think this is flameguy that was on here before lol,

the ford ka website is that way bub ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

lol

well if hes on here again after being removed then what does that say about the person saying it?....everyone stop posting on this link as its worthless...thats all it wants

As a very proud owner of an IQ, I imagine the appeal of this car has alot to do with not wanting to be like everyone else. For me, the IQ ticked ALL the boxes for what I needed. Easy to park, fun to drive, space for kids (if really needed), cheap to run, fun to drive, bucket loads of extras, well made, reliable, and FUN! When driving the IQ, I feel like I'm 17 again!! Did I mention FUN?! :D

I've owned Fords before, and in comparison to Toyota's there isn't any! I still own a 2005 Fiesta, and due to the ridiculous design flaws it has, it has cost me over £1000 this summer alone, and will be swiftly traded in for a Yaris as soon as possible!

How you can say it is slow I'm don't get what you mean? Compared with other 1L's it's just as nippy, but the IQ has that amazing 2nd gear which leaves my Fiesta 1.25 standing! Top speed may not be much, but then I kind of like my driving license!!

To date; no kids have laughed at me, but many like it! Has a Ka ever turned a head? (except in shame, when returned to the garage?) If you like your Ka, great, enjoy it, and post how much you like it on a Ford forum.

I can see that you missing the point… But look at it this way, you buy this car for the function not directly for the price. If you need a more comfortable small car with premium assessors and functions, there is no other car for the moment and compare it with Ford Ka is just like insult. Its like compare a Ferrari with a family car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links