Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Big Meet?

jonnnnnnnnnnnno

I was thinking maybe making it primarly a T-Sport meet, including all T-Sport models, but not excluding any Toyota's of course. But keeping it T-Sport minded.

If ya'll want I can try to coordinate and keep track of it all, including posting info up and keeping tabs on whos interested in joining. We should also gather all information in one place. Give me a few days and I can set up a simple website where we can gather information and people can sign up. Idea being, that it is easier to gather all the info on one independant site, so that we are not dependant on people reading this forum or that forum.

What do you think?

If that sounds good I think we should wait with spreading the news until the website is up and running. We could have a tentative plan of having that at least having a temporary site up by the end of this month.

Sounds like a plan! :thumbsup:

I don't have a T-sport though lol i have a T2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jonnnnnnnnnnnno

• Norfolk n Chance

• supra25

• 10 ft man

Well as it's you i'm sure an exception can be made ;)

:lol:

Well as it's you i'm sure an exception can be made ;)

:lol:

lol so is that all t-sports as in celica and more or just corollas?....and a T2

I was thinking maybe making it primarly a T-Sport meet, including all T-Sport models, but not excluding any Toyota's of course. But keeping it T-Sport minded.

If ya'll want I can try to coordinate and keep track of it all, including posting info up and keeping tabs on whos interested in joining. We should also gather all information in one place. Give me a few days and I can set up a simple website where we can gather information and people can sign up. Idea being, that it is easier to gather all the info on one independant site, so that we are not dependant on people reading this forum or that forum.

What do you think?

If that sounds good I think we should wait with spreading the news until the website is up and running. We could have a tentative plan of having that at least having a temporary site up by the end of this month.

Before taking that action (Creating your own website) you should be aware of the following extract from TOC terms and conditions............(To which you agreed when you registered on this forum):

We enforce a very strict policy regarding solicitation of our membership by Forum participants except in those Forum sections where advertising is expressly permitted.

Participants may not use the Forum to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website, including informational pages. General linking from profile is allowed. We reserve the right to alter any profile we may see unfit for display on Toyota Owners Club.

Participants may not use the Forum to solicit users for any project or purpose external to the Forum; public, private, or commercial. Our userbase is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses.

TOC Management and Moderating team reserve the right to remove any posts or links that contravene the above Terms and conditions.

Why not go one bigger and have a get together on mainland Europe, like Belgium or Netherlands, and have us other guys join as well?! :) Project for the summer of 2010?

I'd be down for a meet like that if well planned and booked in good time. No problem taking the Rolla out for a long weekend to meet some fellow Toyotaheads.

i was thinking that next summer im going to the nur BUGER Rnig

maybe we should all go to that and have a 3 day weekend?

Rather than Nurburg (see my blog's regarding my experience of "The Ring"), you know that Spa is just down the road.

Who fancies doing Eau Rouge in when in lift?

Before anybody goes crazy here and start debating the posting by the moderator (which has been done previously in other threads), please allow me to have a PM dialog with said moderator (which I have already engaged in).

If the TOC team will not let us try and facilitate and organize a meet in the most practical way I can think of, then we will think of something else or just simply drop the matter.

The creation of a simple website to help get information out there to as many as possible was merely an idea on my part, and has no other commercial, private or public purpose other than trying to get as many Toyota owners as possible together for a big meet.

EDIT: The only commercial impact of such a site would be a negative one for my Mastercard bill..... :)

I will return with the final outcome of the PM dialog once over, and we will take it from there. I'm sure there are reasonable options to be worked out.

In the meantime, carrying on the topic.

For me personally it's not so important exactly where we meet up, as I would mostly be in it to meet fellow TS owners and check out the different cars and solutions. I wouldn't be taking my car out on any ring anyways.

Before anybody goes crazy here and start debating the posting by the moderator (which has been done previously in other threads), please allow me to have a PM dialog with said moderator (which I have already engaged in).

If the TOC team will not let us try and facilitate and organize a meet in the most practical way I can think of, then we will think of something else or just simply drop the matter.

The creation of a simple website to help get information out there to as many as possible was merely an idea on my part, and has no other commercial, private or public purpose other than trying to get as many Toyota owners as possible together for a big meet.

EDIT: The only commercial impact of such a site would be a negative one for my Mastercard bill..... :)

I will return with the final outcome of the PM dialog once over, and we will take it from there. I'm sure there are reasonable options to be worked out.

Matter settled quickly with no problem as far as the TOC forum watchers are concerned! :) As many a war and conflict has been fought out over, this as well was initiated based on a simple misunderstanding.

I've cleared up the purpose of said proposed website, and there is no conflict with to speak of. In other words, if we wanna do this we are free to link to such a site here on the forum. Thanks to the moderator for quickly replying to my PM's and sorting this out.

ok then....we've established that there is, at least, some interest in having a T-Sport meet somewhere on the mainland, possibly in German close to or on a racing circuit.

I think it would have been a truly great thing if we would be able to pull this off and get people from different parts of Europe to all meet up.

A suggestion to a rough event plan outline would be something like this:

- pick a weekend to go through with the meet, sometime late June/early July maybe?

- Saturday:

- we all meet up at a pre-defined location for a TS/Toyota meet sometime in the morning where we can do show&tell about our own cars, and look at what others have done

- maybe do a cruise with all the TS's and some photoshoots for those interested (maybe a Carmag would be interested if there are many of us)

- after the car staring and talking we do some sort of social activity in the afternoon/evening and then hit the bars for those still standing

- Sunday:

- we can do a track day for those who want, if that can be arranged somewhere

- backup for Saturday in case the weather is absolute crap

- other than that each to their own really

Comments?

I really don't know how many one could expect to show up on something like this, but have anything less than 20-30 cars would not make it worth going through a lot of preparations beforehand. Not saying that we should have a binding signup, but I would need a few confirmed attendees before I start investigating possibilities and making arrangements.

Additionally, I haven't been to Germany in like 25 years so I rely on you guys to come up with a good place to meet...hehe Burgerring is suggested as well as Eau Rogue, anybody else?

i think its a good idea of a big meet... which has somehow changed directions to a german meet which i would be well up for

however i think we should also think of a earlier meet say in uk for all corollas (i have a t2)!! the point made about a central location is good how abouts birmingham??

Good point...I'll try to get around to making a separate thread on the German meet thing (in which your T2 would be most welcome ;) )

it would be better to have a meet before we go to germany so we can get to meet everyone before hand.

If peeps are wanting a big UK meet before hand.... why don't we organise a Santa Pod trip??

Central location... and a bit more interesting than a random car park...

We could quite easily get a club parking area sorted ;)

If peeps are wanting a big UK meet before hand.... why don't we organise a Santa Pod trip??

Central location... and a bit more interesting than a random car park...

We could quite easily get a club parking area sorted ;)

very good idea when for though we need to set some dates?

Dates are running out for this year....

But we could always organise something for the start of 2010

All dates here RWYB

Dates are running out for this year....

But we could always organise something for the start of 2010

All dates here RWYB

I have a holiday book for eraly 2010 January so not then please :-)

When we go to Germany to get past the laws of not allowd modified car we could make it a charity thing and let the police know?

Has any one got a rough cost of this trip, my mate has recently come back and said the price has gone up due to the poor exchange rate (you get less for your euro now)

Depends on how you want to play things...

You'll need to price up the crossings... either Ferry or Tunnel.... and do you want to stay in a hotel/B&B or do we find somewhere nice to camp??

Plus then there's the small cost of Petrol :lol:

Oh and i'll have to renew my passport too!

Depends on how you want to play things...

You'll need to price up the crossings... either Ferry or Tunnel.... and do you want to stay in a hotel/B&B or do we find somewhere nice to camp??

Plus then there's the small cost of Petrol :lol:

Oh and i'll have to renew my passport too!

I think we should camp would be much funnier and save on costs so you can put more fuel in the rolla!!!

what about a convoy for the northern group to the ferry - from hull to rotterdam! t it'll be very handy indeed for me!

the guys over at AE111 forum are talking about stopping off at amsterdam on the way back for a visit which could be cool.

think some estimates on cost have been made, think it'll be around £500ish for the whole trip by camping which only cost 7 Euros/nite

I would be up for the ring next year.

Should keep it as all toyota's

Get as many toyota's on the ring as we can.

This may just give an approx indication of costs:

http://www.grandextreme.com/calendar/4.html

This aint too bad, if you want more laps of the ring then you can just pay there and then, staying in a hotel would be better then camping souley because the last thing you want is to be stuck in a tent when the weather is not behaving its self

I hope not too. As for my ideas I haven't had time to work on them any more due to excess travelling in my job lately. Also I was thinking of starting a new thread so that this can keep running on the original UK meet talk