Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sticky Stuff For Fixing A Spoiler On....

Smiler AS

Pics added below :D

Managed to get hold of one of the bigger spoilers as seen on alot of 3 import door Rav 4.1's off eBay recently.

The std. (uk) black one is okay but was a bit "lost" with the black rear pillars and blacked out windows.

The 2nd hand one off eBay came with a tinted plastic finish so ive primed and painted it red to match the Rav.

Came with four brackets which are fine but along the top im wanting to bond/glue/stick the spoiler to the top of the rear tailgate, any ideas on which product to use?

Something that sticks good and will cope with outside weather??

Managed to get hold of one of the bigger spoilers as seen on alot of 3 import door Rav 4.1's off ebay recently.

The std. (uk) black one is okay but was a bit "lost" with the black rear pillars and blacked out windows.

The 2nd hand one off ebay came with a tinted plastic finish so ive primed and painted it red to match the Rav.

Came with four brackets which are fine but along the top im wanting to bond/glue/stick the spoiler to the top of the rear tailgate, any ideas on which product to use?

Something that sticks good and will cope with outside weather??

Hi,

Betalink K1 Adhesive is what you need. It came supplied with the Toyota Team Europe spoiler for my corolla. You can get it at your Toyota Dealer Parts department or on eBay here:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/BETALINK-80ml-Adhesive-...id=p3286.c0.m14

:thumbsup:

Our Ravs spoiler came loose once on the drivers side,so we used the sticky pads you get for number plates,that works

Yep, ive got some permanent sticky pads for where the 4 brackets (they all have a lip which secures the brackets round edge of door which once secured will help to hold on aswell the pads) fix to the glass, but I think I want a continuous seal along the top though for keeping water out and peace of mind, the K1 stuff looks good, will see how quick I can get all hold of it.

hi folks

mine came loose a while ago,i just got some 'double sided carpet tape' folded it over and over again until i had a pad about 5mm thick,i then cut it to same size at spoiler 'foot' ,cleaned rear glass and spoiler foot with white spirit,and slid 'pad' in between foot and glass....pressed firmly.

its never moved since,helps that both surfaces were cleaned with white spirit first though,makes tape stick well.

'duck' carpet tape,very very sticky and strong

3M Double sided tape, 1 inch wide, available at most bodyshop/factor type places. Clean up both surfaces with meths and do it in a warm garage, away from damp, you will have a job to remove it once set! That stuff is made for exactly this type of job

Kingo :thumbsup:

3M Double sided tape, 1 inch wide, available at most bodyshop/factor type places. Clean up both surfaces with meths and do it in a warm garage, away from damp, you will have a job to remove it once set! That stuff is made for exactly this type of job

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yep, exactly what I picked up after work tonight. Have got the 4 brackets on with the 3M tape, clipped over edge of tailgate too, so not going anywhere. Will wait until tommorrow til I offer spoiler up and screwed to brackets , plus will get pics up asap too.

Should you struggle to source 3m tape you can now get "no nails" on a roll, which is double sided tape + very strong readily available a B+Q etc...Stew

Pics as promised, by no means my best effort but im happy with it and more importantly im happy that its not going anywhere.

Spoiler when I got it, was clear plastic one, but a bit too light / clear for my liking

plasticspoiler.jpg

Original Spoiler / Car..

DSCF1930.jpg

And now sprayed and bonded on (it wasnt a sunny day and car was a bit dirty hence why it isnt quite as shiny as above picture, phone camera on this one too)....

PS. Quick vote too... Do I keep the roof bars on? -Loose a wee bit on economy but there a few people say it looks good with them on.... thoughts?

DSC01031.jpg

Pics as promised, by no means my best effort but im happy with it and more importantly im happy that its not going anywhere.

Spoiler when I got it, was clear plastic one, but a bit too light / clear for my liking

plasticspoiler.jpg

Original Spoiler / Car..

DSCF1930.jpg

And now sprayed and bonded on (it wasnt a sunny day and car was a bit dirty hence why it isnt quite as shiny as above picture, phone camera on this one too)....

PS. Quick vote too... Do I keep the roof bars on? -Loose a wee bit on economy but there a few people say it looks good with them on.... thoughts?

DSC01031.jpg

Spoiler looks great - nice job.

If you'll pardon the pun, I personally think the bars 'spoil' the lines.

A little gem of a RAV though :thumbsup:

I think we should add that motor to the "which RAV do you have" thread.

It is nothing short of superb.

IMHO - rid the roof bars.