Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! - E12 Suspension

charged

Hi all,

avoiding a cat in the road I managed to bang my front passenger side of my 2002 (pre facelift) Corolla T Sport into a rather large curb. This happened late last night I haven't had a chance to look underneath the car yet but I am 99.9% certain something underneath will be bent. The alloy is badly curbed (not a problem), the bumper has come off it's fittings on one side (not a problem) but the wheel is at a funky angle and the steering is way off (a problem!!).

I'm after a few bits of info here, please help or advise if you can!

I'm not going to go through the insurance, I'm just coming up to 5 years NCB so cant afford to lose it.

My questions:

Is the suspension the same on the base model E12 corollas (eg bottom arms etc) ? If so i will find a breaker on eBay.. ,will the facelift model have different components?

Can anyone suggest what may be bent underneath?

Where can I find a suspension diagram with part numbers?

Any other advice would be great!

The cat lived B)

Thanks in advance

Pure guess but sounds like possible Track Rod damage, maybe some strut damage.

Best off getting the wheel off and having a good look, it all comes apart quite easily.

I think standard Rolla would be mostly the same but not 100% on that, someone here should know though.

Next time just kill the damn cat ...... its cheaper ....

toyodiy.com should tell you all you need to know.

If you want any standard springs I have some that came off my pre facelift (they covered about 40k).

LAA69 agreed i would of flattened the *****. Rather then trash my car...it could of been way worse if you had lost control of the car of rolled etc etc

Joel

I like cats.. I was doing 20MPH so it was a calculated risk. I have a hell of a lot less guilt dinging my car than killing/injuring a cat (someone's pet). I know this as I killed a cat on the same road a few years ago and the pain is stll with me. The car is a bit of metal, parts can be found cheaply and replaced..

If it was a dog/wildlife on the other hand, I would have hit it.

anyway...

I still haven't looked at the damage, luckily I have another car to run around in. I doubt the strut will be damaged.. I think it's more likely the bottom arms etc

Thanks for the replies so far and keep them coming.

Hs anyone got a suspension diagram with part numbers at all?

Thanks again

I have a hell of a lot less guilt dinging my car than killing/injuring a cat (someone's pet).

If it was a dog on the other hand, I would have hit it.

Isn't a dog somebody's pet too?? :huh:

Although you took a 'calculated risk' by swerving this could have had much more serious consequences if you had lost control of the car...

Try a PM to Parts King... he might be able to send you a copy of Toyota's technical parts document for the suspension...

I have something similar for the engine which details all the various part numbers

Isn't a dog somebody's pet too?? :huh:

yes, but a dog shouldn't be in the road, it should be on a lead or inside someones property.

Try a PM to Parts King... he might be able to send you a copy of Toyota's technical parts document for the suspension...

I have something similar for the engine which details all the various part numbers

Thanks, I'll give that a try B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links