Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Car I,ve Owned!

josh 66

Just a short message to some guys here .e.g A guy called Danny who doesn,t get the IQ.,and thinks the Ford Ka is better.

Well i,ve owned a Ford Ka,Rav4,Honda Jazz and a few more and my new IQ3 is by far the best car i,ve owned!.Just love it.....

As for owning a Ford again ,never!......Had three Toyotas now anmd never had a thing go wrong with any of them!.My Ford KA was taken into the garage 4 times in 3 years.

i rest my case...... :rolleyes:

I've had an IQ3 for a couple of months now and if I had the experience of living with the IQ3 at the time of purchase, I am not at all sure I would have bought it in the first place. The gadgets are nice but the gearing is poor, the radio rubbish and the multi-information display awkward to access and use, and the interior drab. I initially went for a test drive in an IQ2 but dismissed it immediately as the gearing/engine combination was lamentable but I decided to wait a few months to see if the 1.33 would be better. I also took a test drive in a new KA which I found much more pleasant to drive but it was on a 5 month lead time which might have taken it outside of the scrappage window.

Over the years I've owned 2 x BMWs (3 and 5 series) and 2 x Golf GTIs (all company cars) but my last (privately bought and scrappage eligible) car was a 1.4 Fiesta which was much more pleasant and rewarding to drive in every way than the IQ3, although it didn't have anywhere near the IQ3's build quality or gizmos. Although I only had a test drive in the KA and so not lived with it, if I had the choice again (other things being equal) I am pretty sure I would go with the KA.

I've had an IQ3 for a couple of months now and if I had the experience of living with the IQ3 at the time of purchase, I am not at all sure I would have bought it in the first place. The gadgets are nice but the gearing is poor, the radio rubbish and the multi-information display awkward to access and use, and the interior drab. I initially went for a test drive in an IQ2 but dismissed it immediately as the gearing/engine combination was lamentable but I decided to wait a few months to see if the 1.33 would be better. I also took a test drive in a new KA which I found much more pleasant to drive but it was on a 5 month lead time which might have taken it outside of the scrappage window.

Over the years I've owned 2 x BMWs (3 and 5 series) and 2 x Golf GTIs (all company cars) but my last (privately bought and scrappage eligible) car was a 1.4 Fiesta which was much more pleasant and rewarding to drive in every way than the IQ3, although it didn't have anywhere near the IQ3's build quality or gizmos. Although I only had a test drive in the KA and so not lived with it, if I had the choice again (other things being equal) I am pretty sure I would go with the KA.

Why don't you trade it in for a Ka then?............probably get some cash back as well :)

If you find 2 buttons awkward to access and use then I am afraid that more buttons will be even more challenging so you'd probably would end up a very unhappy person :(

Why don't you trade it in for a Ka then?............probably get some cash back as well :)

If you find 2 buttons awkward to access and use then I am afraid that more buttons will be even more challenging so you'd probably would end up a very unhappy person :(

I've been toying with the idea of trading it in but haven't made any specific enquires, yet. The KA I was interested in is top of the range which as I recall was about the same list price as the IQ3 so I suspect I would wind up having to fork out some £££. Also, my ego would take a bashing having to face the KA salesman again but this time for a trade in rather than a demo ride :) Still, I might do it.

I find the position of the buttons and the display awkward. As I said, I've had various quality cars before and in comparison the IQ3 doesn't do it for me. In retrospect, I think I was overly smitten with the prospect of getting a £2K scrappage discount on a Toyota.

I've been toying with the idea of trading it in but haven't made any specific enquires, yet. The KA I was interested in is top of the range which as I recall was about the same list price as the IQ3 so I suspect I would wind up having to fork out some £££. Also, my ego would take a bashing having to face the KA salesman again but this time for a trade in rather than a demo ride :) Still, I might do it.

I find the position of the buttons and the display awkward. As I said, I've had various quality cars before and in comparison the IQ3 doesn't do it for me. In retrospect, I think I was overly smitten with the prospect of getting a £2K scrappage discount on a Toyota.

So in retrospect it's actually not the car but it's really you. :rolleyes:

I part ex'ed my £64,000 5 month old BMW M3 convertible for the IQ(3) and guess what its a great car.

Yes the BMW did shed loads more but cost £50,000 more, then theres the running costs. £400 per tyre to start.

I have the sat nav and find it a doddle to use, you should try the BMW Idrive II. You need to read the manual whilst driving aswell.

Funny thing is I dont miss the M3, have more people look at the IQ and can see me getting a speeding ticket in this little thing, such a fun car.

Loved the BMW's great cars but the worst dealers ever.

kthxbai....

In retrospect, I think I was overly smitten with the prospect of getting a £2K scrappage discount on a Toyota.

So in retrospect it's actually not the car but it's really you. :rolleyes:

That probably about sums it up, retrospectively :)

Sorry Tony , but buying a Ford again?..never!!!.....i like my cars to keep going with no problems...Toyotas never let you down.And the one word for my iq3 ? fun to drive!.I,ve owned a Ford Ka and if you buy one good luck to you.

Sorry Tony , but buying a Ford again?..never!!!.....i like my cars to keep going with no problems...Toyotas never let you down.And the one word for my iq3 ? fun to drive!.I,ve owned a Ford Ka and if you buy one good luck to you.

Traditional Toyota reliability was a significant factor in buying the car (not as much as the £2k scrappage deal...) but from a 'fun to drive' point of view, the 12 year old 1.4 Fiesta I scrapped was much more fun and responsive to drive as indeed was the KA I took for a test drive. My main gripe with driving the IQ3 is the 2nd gear ratio - it's just too low. I tried the IQ2 first but knew after about 5 minutes I couldn't live with that gearing ratio. The additional power of the IQ3 compensates somewhat but not enough to make driving it enjoyable. So of all the characteristics of the IQ3, from my experience I would put 'fun to drive' right near the bottom.

in that case have you considered the fiat 500, they are essentialy the same car as the ford Ka sharing the chassis and majority of components?

in that case have you considered the fiat 500, they are essentialy the same car as the ford Ka sharing the chassis and majority of components?

guys ma thought on the matter is a love my iq2 and will post on this forum how much i love it .if you hate and want a ford go and tell ford. i believe the only way you would go on a owners club to slag the car means you have either too much time or something against????? a truly love ma car and gear ratio what the :::: does that mean too a guy who has had em all . the toyota iq whether you like it or not is cooler than minis, fiats and all the rest and now it only folk with iq 's who get it ,but as in sheep to farms the rest off the flock will follow....ye hapost-83218-1256773855_thumb.jpg

post-83218-1256774206_thumb.jpg

Before buying the IQ3 I researched a number of cars via (many!) online reviews including the Fiat 500. While the 500 was generally considered to be very cool and chic, the KA was rated as a providing a significantly better driving experience which was much more important for me. I was going to take a 500 for a test drive but somehow or other never quite managed to get it organized. Had I tried a 500 and liked it, and had it been on a shortish lead time (the KA spec I wanted was around 4 and a half months!), I wonder if I would have gone for it. Another opportunity to indulge in the limitless reservoir of life's fruitless speculations.

guys ma thought on the matter is a love my iq2 and will post on this forum how much i love it .if you hate and want a ford go and tell ford. i believe the only way you would go on a owners club to slag the car means you have either too much time or something against????? a truly love ma car and gear ratio what the :::: does that mean too a guy who has had em all . the toyota iq whether you like it or not is cooler than minis, fiats and all the rest and now it only folk with iq 's who get it ,but as in sheep to farms the rest off the flock will follow....ye hapost-83218-1256773855_thumb.jpg

nice pic! :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links