Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking...

CraigT

I noticed today that if I lock the car from the drivers door it only locks that door and I cant hear the central locking kicking in.

However if I lock the car from the passenger side door I hear the central locking and all the doors lock.

Seems the central locking mechanisim in the drivers side door might have bitten the dust :ffs:

Any suggestions? I really dont want to start pulling the door panels off to be honest :crybaby:

aparently it's common .. there is a small disk on the drivers lock thats worn .. check out IMOC as it's been covered a few times ..

This exact same thign happened to me. I found WD40 helped fix it (temporarily).

Thing is tho some ****** tried bereaking in2 my car and totally messed up the keyhole bit so now its just a mush of metal :ffs:

Mite aswell get remote unloacking now, and get the door handles flushed :ph34r:

Not bin on for a while, bit busy up in newc, but i noticed ur a mod now Ben, gopod goin fella :thumbsup:

-Z

Not bin on for a while, bit busy up in newc, but i noticed ur a mod now Ben, gopod goin fella

It's not what you know .. it's who you make the cheque payable to .. :thumbsup:

Do I let Mr T take a look at it tomorrow or do I try and sort it myself?

At the mo its doing it continuously not just now and again :ffs:

Id rather the car be secure so Im thinking of letting Mr T have a look at it, but I know they are gonna hit me with a nice little charge too :eek:

Not bin on for a while, bit busy up in newc, but i noticed ur a mod now Ben, good goin fella

haha, so when my TOC renewal is due i'll let u know ;)

snake: Have a look at the worn disc. u mite be able to spruce it up, i.e. polish it or something to get it clean again. I say this cos of what happened with my car. the wd40 makin it work again, which allows better movement i guess of the worn part.

if it fails just order that part from Mr. T. I can't see it being too difficulat to do urself... :unsure:

heh :D

-Z

Not bin on for a while, bit busy up in newc, but i noticed ur a mod now Ben, good goin fella

haha, so when my TOC renewal is due i'll let u know ;)

snake: Have a look at the worn disc. u mite be able to spruce it up, i.e. polish it or something to get it clean again. I say this cos of what happened with my car. the wd40 makin it work again, which allows better movement i guess of the worn part.

if it fails just order that part from Mr. T. I can't see it being too difficulat to do urself... :unsure:

heh :D

-Z

I think your right mate, I'll whip of the door panel and give it all a damn good clean tomorrow and see if it does the trick. Might save me a lot of money :thumbsup:

I'll let you know how I got on.

PS: ZeroBlade mate, I sent that remote locking thing back and got my money back. My car is going in Thursday or Friday to have a cat 1 with remote locking fitted. So hopefully job done.