Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq3 Stop Start...

jimbo747

Last few days, I've found the stop / start function to not work, and just wondered if its a fault, or whether the system has switched off for a reason?

I've done various journeys, from 5 mins to an hour or so, with no radio, heater, aircon or lights, and when I pull up, handbrake on and neutral, it no longer cuts out - the eco off light just comes on. Pressing the button to switch on/off made no difference. Used to work fine before, and I'm definitely doing it correctly.

So its not to do with load, and the Battery should be fully charged. Just wondering what it could be before I take it to the garage?

It used to work fine, but quite often I would switch it off when town driving - perhaps it has stuck to off?!

It gets off for two reasons :

1 - you pushed the button next to the handbrake. but it turns on automaticly next time you start.

2 - if the "stop times" aren't long enough several consecutive times then the system turns off and turns back on when the "stops" are longer.

If it's not something like this it's not normal...

Something else not normal il that you shouldn't ask if you read the manual... :!Removed!:

• 2 weeks later...

1 - you pushed the button next to the handbrake. but it turns on automaticly next time you start.

2 - if the "stop times" aren't long enough several consecutive times then the system turns off and turns back on when the "stops" are longer.

Something else not normal il that you shouldn't ask if you read the manual... :!Removed!:

Had exactly same thing myself. Just read the manual about how to reset stop start system. Just follow how it says to reset and sytem works fine again. Dont know why it did it but the solution is always the manual. Took longer to read than actually do! Was something like hold start button for 3 seconds, release and press again or something similar anyway.Been fine ever since.

Had exactly same thing myself. Just read the manual about how to reset stop start system. Just follow how it says to reset and sytem works fine again. Dont know why it did it but the solution is always the manual. Took longer to read than actually do! Was something like hold start button for 3 seconds, release and press again or something similar anyway.Been fine ever since.

Does the Start/Stop also disable below a certain temperature (with warning in cluster)?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links