Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key Programming

peteandtheresa

Hi are their different frequency key fobs as bought 2 off eBay and neither works at Mr T mine says 433.92 and brought 2 off eBay the last said it was 433.92 but have key and it doesnt says any where on key.just says 736716-a.

Hi,

Your keys need to be programmed.

Link below is a previous post from the forum on how to do it.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry696511

Hopefully this will help you.

Cheers,

Marv

Yes i know this, that is why i took to dealer MrT and he couldn't get to work ? "why" could it be different freq,have keys i believe from mk2 avensis but i have old mk1 52 plate on 433.92, on opening keys one says 296.6 "c" freq any help please. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I think I may have a key fob that might match yours. If you still have it and this one is the one you need we could do a swap.

Mine says Valeo typVdlx08/433.92mhz

CE0165

HM 426/2000

Cept-Lpd GR.YME

IS-3422-00

would message you but that function doesnt seem to work for me yet.

A possible reason for not programming in could be there are already too many stored in the system. But first things first is to make sure the keys are the correct ones for your model of vehicle.

Keep us posted.

• 4 weeks later...

I have read the relevant threads about re-programming the remote so that it can be used to remotely lock and unlock the car, but can someone tell me if the instructions are also relevant to my Y reg'd Avensis? The problem I have with the one I just bought is that it came with just one key (with a two button remote) and both buttons have disappeared. I can see the contacts inside, and by using an object (like a pen) to pass through the holes, the car does lock and unlock remotely. I have bought a duplicate from eBay thinking that the buttons were part of the fob housing and that it would be a simple matter of just replacing the casing but now realise that it is part of the internal unit meaning that it requires programming. Alternatively, is there a way to remove the buttons and transplant them into the original remote? Can some kind soul help please?

I have read the relevant threads about re-programming the remote so that it can be used to remotely lock and unlock the car, but can someone tell me if the instructions are also relevant to my Y reg'd Avensis? The problem I have with the one I just bought is that it came with just one key (with a two button remote) and both buttons have disappeared. I can see the contacts inside, and by using an object (like a pen) to pass through the holes, the car does lock and unlock remotely. I have bought a duplicate from eBay thinking that the buttons were part of the fob housing and that it would be a simple matter of just replacing the casing but now realise that it is part of the internal unit meaning that it requires programming. Alternatively, is there a way to remove the buttons and transplant them into the original remote? Can some kind soul help please?
Hello mate, here are some instructions that I am led to believe will work for your car.

Procedure for your early Avensis model pre - 2003

1. The vehicle should be in the following condition:

A. The key is NOT inserted in the ignition.

B. The driver's door is open.

C. The driver’s door is UNLOCKED.

2. Insert the key into the ignition switch and then pull it out.

3. Press the Master Door Lock Switch (this would be the switch IN the car) 5 times from Lock to Unlock.

4. Close the Driver's door then open it.

5. Repeat step 3.

6. Now select the mode by inserting the key into the ignition switch and turning it to the Run or On position. The programming mode is determined by the amount of times you go from key off to the key on position and back before pulling the key out.

A. 1 time is the Add mode. This is used only on some models and it allows you to add a remote to the already existing remotes. The ECU confirms this by locking and unlocking the door locks automatically after you remove the key.

B. 2 times is the Erase mode which will erase all previously programmed remotes and allow you to program new ones. The ECU confirms this mode by locking and unlocking the door locks twice after you remove the key

C. 3 times is the third mode which tells you how many remotes are already programmed to the ECU. It confirms this locking and unlocking the doorlocks the amount of times applicable to the remotes coded. If no remotes are programmed then the ECU locks and unlocks the door locks 5 times. The ECU will hold up to 4 remotes at any one time.

7. Press the Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for 1.5 sec and then press either button by itself for 1 sec.

8. The ECU will perform the Lock/Unlock automatically to confirm that the 1st remote is stored by the ECU. Repeat step 7 immediately with another remote and continue until all remotes are registered.

9. Shut the driver’s door and try all remotes.

[b]FOR 2003 onwards[/b]

Procedure

1. Make sure all doors and windows are closed.

2. Insert master key into the ignition cylinder.

3. Cycle the ignition cylinder from ON to OFF 5 times.

4. Open and close the driver side door 6 times.

5. Remove the master key and insert the new duplicate key.

6. DO NOT TURN THE IGNITION CYLINDER ON

7. The new key will be registered after 60 seconds.

Best of luck ... Pete.

The key will split open and all the gubbins can be taken out and changed over. Juditious use of a small screw driver and a craft knife. I've done it with mine.

The following sequence should work on your car:

This is what I did.

Toyota Avensis July 2000 - 2003

Avensis Verso 2001 - 2006

A total of four remotes can be programmed into the system.

Starting conditions:

- Car unlocked

- Driver's door open

- No key in ignition

Carry out the following within 5 seconds:

Put the key into the ignition and then remove it twice. Do this without turning the ignition on.

Carry out the following within 40 seconds:

Close and open the driver's door twice.

Put the key into the ignition and then remove it. Do this without turning the ignition on.

Carry out the following within 40 seconds:

Close and open the driver's door twice.

Put the key into ignition.

Close the driver's door.

Turn the ignition on/off once to program a new remote and keep existing remote(s).

or

Turn the ignition on/off twice to program a new remote and delete existing remote(s).

Remove the key from the ignition.

The central locking should now lock and unlock once to program a new remote and keep existing remote(s).

or

The central locking should now lock and unlock twice to program a new remote and delete existing remote(s).

Carry out the following within 20 seconds:

Avensis - Press the lock button on the remote for at least 1 second.

Avensis Verso - Press the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously on the remote for 1.5 seconds.

Carry out the following within 3 seconds:

Press the lock button on the remote for at least 1 second.

The central locking should now lock and unlock once.

If the central locking locks and unlocks twice the sequence has not been successfully.

Open the driver's to complete the sequence.

• 7 years later...

Hi

I am looking for a replacement Toyota Avensis key - (2002 1.8 vvTi) as I have lost the remote chips and can only open the doors manually now. I have been keeping my eye out on eBay but know I need a specific key and nothing has come up. The tiny writing on the back of my existing key says (I think!): 

'Valeo type  valx08 44392 Mhz

CEO 165

Hm 426/2000

Cept Lod GR YME

IS 3422-00'

Can anyone help?

Many thanks, Daisefair

• 3 years later...

hi does anyone no the correct procedure for programming a spare used key to avensis 05 d4d t25 the master key is working fine just wanted a spare key  I have had key cut ,thanks

• 1 year later...

anyone know how to get key working with immobiliser for toyota avensis verso 2003 model. I have programmed the key to the door locks however I want to get it so i can start the car as well

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links