Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Wrc

Insanity-74

dang dude. this country as everything wrong. people who do that sort of thing need limbs removing. think thats one thing other places have right.

touch wood mines always been ok.

Thats :censor:ing ridiculous! A complete lack of respect especially after doing such a good job of it!

atleast they didnt try takeing it I suppose!

• 2 months later...

Well folks it is the end of this particular Corolla story....well at least from me.

All hints of stickers has been removed, upgrades removed, understated is the only option at the moment. Gave it a full brake overhaul with new pads which has made a huge difference to its stopping ability, the old pads were shot.

Now the sad part, when my insurance runs out it will be up for sale ....insurance runs out in about 5 months or so, so there will be a rare oppertunity to own this unique car.

Unless someone wants to swap for an Audi A4 estate diesel.

It's a shame that it's going to be gone soon! :(

I hope the sale goes smoothly mate.

:( dang nial thats a shame.

you still got the 4 right?

:( dang nial thats a shame.

you still got the 4 right?

Yes still have the 4...will never get rid of that...its going to get some major changes done to it but I think the process will take about 3 years, but it will be a beast when its done.

cool. keep us posted.

the rate my rolla project is going it'll take me about 3 years to finish lol. must get back on it.

dont be a stranger, your always welcome on the forum :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I Think I have changed my mind, I am unlikely to ever come across a car like this one again, with its history it probably the only one....maybe. So I will be keeping it.....painted the engine last week, next i`ll be removing all the little rust spots in the engine bay, the front bumper needs a respray so thats on the list. After that I`ll be on the look out for a wrecked corolla with a dark interior.

Does anyone know which models of the Corolla cam with the dark interior???? I cant take the tepid grey interior any more.

Not sure there will be any engine mods...I might one day shove a 20v in there, but i doubt it.

good man . you know it makes sense :thumbsup:

noooooo, you should have come to me two years ago before i was forced to throw away the old interior. the SR, the G6 and the G6R come with the dark interior.

if you've got the 4A-FE i have a manifold you might be interested (it's heat wrapped).

airintakeaug07.jpg

Great choice mate and I highly doubt that you will ever come to regret it. :yes:

You must take every caution with the rust spots because they will so easily come back. You should use an anti-rust formula in the primer and paint that you use to repaint the engine bay or you will have to continue the cycle....

Thanks for the offer 4afte but the manifold it has is fine, got plenty of heat wrap, which will be sorted this weekend :)

DSC00294.jpg

fair do'd just thatough i'd offer as it's sitting in the garage looking lonely. if you're going to do it yourself i'd advise and angle grinder to make light work of the heatsheild mounts (it's what i did).

good to see your keeping an e11 in the fold!

• 6 months later...

Just gone through this thread and what a story of ups n downs, glad you are keeping the car I have been through a similar experiance with a car of mine, nearly got rid but now know I made the right decision to keep it

Well this has reached its final chapter.

DSC00081.jpg

An out of control girl side swiped me a few weeks ago. The car has been written off today, awaiting valuation, I dont expect i`ll get much.

The only saving grace is that no nice bits were fitted.......keep hold of them....just in case.

As far as Corollas go this is the end of the line for me...time to try something different.

Thanks for all the help and advice over the year or so of ownership....its been highly appreciated.

Keep it shiny side up.

Nial

AAAAAARRRGHHH!!!! :eek:

I can't believe that, after all the work that's gone into the car! :censor: :ffs: :crybaby:

Gutted absolutely gutted I love this car.

It should not be allowed to be written off, I hope someone can buy it and restore it back to its original glory

I just went through the thread. Terrible ending.

Really liked the car, shame the damage is so extensive.

WTF dude... this sort of thing really pisses me off that sucks balls dude! :(

I'm sorry this happened! If this happened to my GTi I would take it back straight away and rebuild it lol.

KP

Well 2 people want to buy it off me with the intention of making it into a 3sgte 4wd monster....so it might be back on the road one day

I say let them dude, give it a new lease of life. :thumbsup:

Agreed, with the proviso that they have to do a build thread on here

• Like 1