Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav All Okay

bullvine

Hi to all

Today I have driven the rav after the new clutch and dual mass flywheel and it drives like a new car :D :D . so far there is no rattles from loose bolts so i can check it from time to time. i have a quick question for hemi. you know you mentioned fitting a smf (single mass flywheel) which will help with the pulling away plus general driving. does it effect the car later on in any way. the reason I ask is why toyota did not do this and blueprint does. I know that on the diesels a dmf is there to take up the vibration and to smooth it out. just lately i have found out just how many manufacturers use the dmf on their cars and van etc. ford use one on a mondeo with an internal slave cylinder which costs , wait for it, £850 trade so I was told. I know its all fixed but I just like to know these things. next job is to adjust the handbrake plus check all the brakes.

once again cheers to all of you that had given me good advice

Bullvine

Hi to all

Today I have driven the rav after the new clutch and dual mass flywheel and it drives like a new car :D :D . so far there is no rattles from loose bolts so i can check it from time to time. i have a quick question for hemi. you know you mentioned fitting a smf (single mass flywheel) which will help with the pulling away plus general driving. does it effect the car later on in any way. the reason I ask is why toyota did not do this and blueprint does. I know that on the diesels a dmf is there to take up the vibration and to smooth it out. just lately i have found out just how many manufacturers use the dmf on their cars and van etc. ford use one on a mondeo with an internal slave cylinder which costs , wait for it, £850 trade so I was told. I know its all fixed but I just like to know these things. next job is to adjust the handbrake plus check all the brakes.

once again cheers to all of you that had given me good advice

Bullvine

The dmfs on Ford Transits have been a problem so I hear.

I guess that if you fit a fixed flywheel thngy, it places greater stress on the drivetrain beyond.

For what its worth, I've had the same problem with my clutch burning out quickly and its getting some sort of metallic clutch now...which means when I do the 6000rpm launches, the clutch will bite quicker and better and not be destroyed by the heat. What it will do to the diff; gearbox; and driveshafts is a guess - I think the driveshafts will go next but it could be the box....wait and see!

That is true about the transits. my mate had one just a couple of weeks ago. the bill was just over a grand and that was a reduced price because of mates rates. I dont think i would be pulling away at 6000 rpm so I am not worrying about the drive shafts. i found the flywheel and clutch fairly easy to fit, if it goes again later then i wont panic.

Bullvine

That is true about the transits. my mate had one just a couple of weeks ago. the bill was just over a grand and that was a reduced price because of mates rates. I dont think i would be pulling away at 6000 rpm so I am not worrying about the drive shafts. i found the flywheel and clutch fairly easy to fit, if it goes again later then i wont panic.

Bullvine

I cannot advise on fitting solid flywheels to the Rav, However one of the cabs i have owned was fitted with the transit duratorque engine this went thru dmfs like you just wouldn't believe some drivers literally welded them up, at 70,000 mls i was on my third flywheel so had a smf fitted the cab has now done 194000 so has covered 120,000 on its Smf without even a hint of a problem neither mechanically or driving wise, you may notice that both the AA + Rac stopped using Transits supposedly because of this problem..Stew

Bullvine

Nice one. But I'd doubt yer diesel would reach 6000rpm even if you tried???

we change Ford's to SMF's too,none of my customers have complained yet and my wifes Rav is running perfectly with the SMF.It'sl ess vibey than what it was before.Proof of the pudding and all that,lol

Great answers chaps

you have convinced me to replace the dmf with a smf if it ever goes again. Sorry for the late replies, usual excuse too much work.

Bully