Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Seats

ARCH

Whilst moving my sr 180 today i noticed that on the front seat as you get in there looks like 3-4 grooves about 6inches long in the fabric,when you touch them it feels like the foam behind the cover has become slightly grooved,thus looking really old for a car that is only 11/2 years old and only done 12k miles,it is beginning to appear on the passenger seat as well,has anybody got any symptons like this ,and if faulty would it be covered by warranty

This is a common issue, some people have been writing on this forum regarding worn seats.

Best regards, Alex

Yep, my drivers seat base has developed groves in the foam... where your bum goes! ;o)

Can I see some pics?

the grooves and lines are in the side of the seat,took to my local toyota dealer this morning and spoke to the salesman i bought it off,he said it looks awful and i should get new seats under warranty(fingers crossed) he said it looks like the bonding on the fabric has come away,will keep you informed

Good luck, hope you'll get new seats asap :thumbsup:

Best regards, Alex

Me too - drivers seat replaced under warranty after 2+ years (passenger one has also started to wear to lesser extent) - however replacement drivers seat outer edge side bolster was already creased/crinkled/(fold type marks) when fitted and after a few weeks is still there as there is little pressure/contact on the outer edge to smooth it out - so the replacement is being replaced! - my issue is that unless the new seat is a better type of material, how do we know the same thing won't happen outside of warranty - if so, will they replace again??

This all backs my previously comments on this forum, that the interior quality of the auris is shocking

Me too - drivers seat replaced under warranty after 2+ years (passenger one has also started to wear to lesser extent) - however replacement drivers seat outer edge side bolster was already creased/crinkled/(fold type marks) when fitted and after a few weeks is still there as there is little pressure/contact on the outer edge to smooth it out - so the replacement is being replaced! - my issue is that unless the new seat is a better type of material, how do we know the same thing won't happen outside of warranty - if so, will they replace again??

This all backs my previously comments on this forum, that the interior quality of the auris is shocking

Had to take car in to mr t they took photos etc, warranty chap said they have to replace both the front seats ,something to do with airbags,looking at best part of £1200,lucky it is under warranty,fair play to toyota they just got on with it no complaints,also my local dealer wkb toyota have been brilliant.(apparantly any warranty claim under £1000 they can get on and do it)

Had to take car in to mr t they took photos etc, warranty chap said they have to replace both the front seats ,something to do with airbags,looking at best part of £1200,lucky it is under warranty,fair play to toyota they just got on with it no complaints,also my local dealer wkb toyota have been brilliant.(apparantly any warranty claim under £1000 they can get on and do it)

Fair play to Toyota? So this is O.K. Just one more complaint about how poor this cars build and material quality is.Is anyone from Toyota Japan ever going to admit just how far down the line towards European junk they have gone.

Sorry not good enough.I am sick of reading about these issues on this forum.I am a major fan of Toyota and of the legendary reliability and will not allow my family to drive anything else.What do I tell them now.VW or Honda?

Not sure but unless things improve its Honda for us.BTW I actually own a Mazda 3,wife has the Auris and I tell you what the 3 makes the Auris look like something British Leyland produced in the 70s.

Well maybe not that bad but you get the picture.

• 1 month later...

Hey ppL

Ive had problems with my 2 front seats for aaages now. The sides of the passenger and driver seats are worn on the seat and backrest. Took it to my toyota dealer twice now and he said i should wait a while BECAUSE THEY ARENT WORN ENOUGH?!!!! What the hell am i supposed to wait for?! Until i dnt hav a seat to sit on?!! My warranty expires soon. This is ridiculous.

Angry Auris customer :angry:

ABZ-T2

Whilst moving my sr 180 today i noticed that on the front seat as you get in there looks like 3-4 grooves about 6inches long in the fabric,when you touch them it feels like the foam behind the cover has become slightly grooved,thus looking really old for a car that is only 11/2 years old and only done 12k miles,it is beginning to appear on the passenger seat as well,has anybody got any symptons like this ,and if faulty would it be covered by warranty

There have been so many complaints about the poor quality of the Auris interior that one can only assume that there must have been difficulties within the Toyota camp at the time when the car was designed which forced the company to allow production to go ahead at the risk of causing damage to its well deserved reputation for very high standards.

I have never been to a dealer as much as i have with my Auris.

I doubt i will keep it after the warranty.

I do not have the time or money to maintain this car anymore.

ABZ-T2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links